• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP 9

W

WALMART

Type 9 - 12.3
Type 3 - 9
Type 7 - 8.7
Type 6 - 7.7
Type 4 - 7
Type 1 - 6.7
Type 8 - 6

Is this combination possible? I've been doing a bit of research, there are those of the opinion that ENTP's are incapable of being anything apart from 5 or 7 primary.

I've always had trouble with Enneagram, I could never find one that "fit". I once typed as 6 primary on a test, though I never felt appeal to the description, I could not relate any more than I could relate to five, or three, or seven, or two. After renewed interest about two weeks ago, I am consistently typing as a 9 on various Enneagram testing sites, and only today had I actually read the description for 9 types. The 9 type never appealed to me because of the title, the word "Calm", threw me off... I do not view myself as calm. But now that's I've read and understood, nine just fits me so well.... I relate so well.

My theory is that having fairly sensitive Fe as a tertiary function, it has developed me to some point where I feel it is my duty to be neutral force to the outside world. Over the years, my Ne and lack of filter have ground myself down to nothing, repeatedly committing offense after offense of objective opinion... I have no honor nor shame, no ego or lack thereof, I simply try to exist in as peaceful a manner as possible... I guess.

Exemplifiers:

-Just two nights ago, a fight broke out outside of a bar. Despite it raining, I went out into the street to regulate the fight and ensure no major damage was being done. A couple weeks prior, two gentlemen were exchanging words outside another bar. I stood between them a tad off to the side (despite being a stranger) just to ensure fair play was being conducted. I'm not completely against fighting, I just don't want anyone who is 'playing' to have an unfair advantage... it really puts me off.

-One of my biggest irks is insulting people directly. I cannot stand when someone, during an argument, resorts to unfair words that undermine the other person's ability to retort. To provide a fact is something, to provide an opinion of fact is another, but to present something so uncounterably objective as an insult to intelligence or something similar irks me, it irks me hard. I told U once if he messaged a girl with a skin disease making fun of her I would eternally hate/troll him. I also remember feeling distaste for the ones who agreed he should do it... you know who you are.

-I am quick to shrug off arguments. I am incredibly inclined to agree to disagree (I'm a big fan of the saying 'to each his own') than pursue arguments over subjective opinions and unknowable topics.

-Characters I have always related with have been loner types that carry guns. I like the gun, is it symbolic of the power that must be exercised from time to time in order to prevent further conflict. The six shooter is particularly attractive, it symbolizes the restraint and precision that must be used when choosing to fire. A list of my favorite characters would go Roland Deschain, Vash the Stampede, The Man With No Name, Squall Leonhart... do you notice a theme?

-The police force/military has always had great appeal to me. I enjoy the concept of bringing justice to people who deserve it, I very much enjoy the concept of bettering the world for our next generations. I have a romanticized view of war and law.

-I've dreamt of being a Monk in the Tibetan mountains. Buddhist dogma, I feel, I have always related with. I would find it particularly interesting that Buddhist dogma has not 'taught' me much, most of the tenants I had arisen to naturally, only to find out someone had beat me to the definitions... I wonder how receptive they are to gringos?

-When I was being fired, my direct supervisor's right hand man was talking with me. He told me, "I know you like her (a coworker), but she's the one that screwed you over." I answered, "It's not that I like her, it's that I like everyone."

It truly is difficult for me to not like someone, even when I know you have committed some of the already stated irksome actions. I understand you. I cannot say no to you. I'm a door mat. I will put myself in an incredibly disadvantageous position just to satisfy the will of another. It gets me in trouble frequently, and I know when I'm doing it I am screwing myself over... yet I simply cannot say no.

-When people feel emotional reaction from my sharp words, it lingers for a good period of time. I feel guilty, so guilty.... I still feel guilty for something I said to Victor my first few days at the forums, as innocent as it was... My best friend once told me when I was young that I was the most shameful person he's met. I took great offense, but I now see what he means... I'm just naturally disposed to not like myself and things I say. It flares my Fe so hard.

I really don't know what I should do for y'all to help me. I feel like by typing all this I am exemplifying a fond line from a Coheed song, "When the answer that you want is in the question that you state, come what may". I do like the nine, I find nobility in it. Shoot with any questions you have, I'd be more than glad to answer them, and you'd be helping me out a bit as well.

Also, tl;dr'ers, my bad.

I even feel egotistical for posting this much =/ What is that a trait of?

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've considered myself ENTP too as my Ti fairs well, but probably just a so/sp INFP. I have one friend that types as 9w8 ENTP and have seen that combo quite a few times. The only types I think I've seen for ENTPs are everything but 1 2 4 5.

I have no idea how ENTP and 9 actually mesh though...maybe like an ENTP that fades to nothing (numbing) when unhealthy and vice versa....Idk.

A

Anew Leaf

Type 9 - 12.3
Type 3 - 9
Type 7 - 8.7
Type 6 - 7.7
Type 4 - 7
Type 1 - 6.7
Type 8 - 6

Is this combination possible? I've been doing a bit of research, there are those of the opinion that ENTP's are incapable of being anything apart from 5 or 7 primary.

I've always had trouble with Enneagram, I could never find one that "fit". I once typed as 6 primary on a test, though I never felt appeal to the description, I could not relate any more than I could relate to five, or three, or seven, or two. After renewed interest about two weeks ago, I am consistently typing as a 9 on various Enneagram testing sites, and only today had I actually read the description for 9 types. The 9 type never appealed to me because of the title, the word "Calm", threw me off... I do not view myself as calm. But now that's I've read and understood, nine just fits me so well.... I relate so well.

My theory is that having Fe as a tertiary function, it is developed to some point where I feel it is my duty to be neutral force to the outside world. Over the years, my Ne and lack of filter have ground myself down to nothing, repeatedly committing offense after offense of objective opinion... I have no honor nor shame, no ego or lack thereof, I simply try to exist in as peaceful a manner as possible... I guess.

Exemplifiers:

-Just two nights ago, a fight broke out outside of a bar. Despite it raining, I went out into the street to regulate the fight and ensure no major damage was being done. A weeks nights prior, two gentlemen were exchanging words outside another bar. I stood between them a tad off to the side (despite being a stranger) just to ensure fair play was being conducted. I'm not completely against fighting, I just don't want anyone who is 'playing' to have an unfair advantage... it really puts me off.

-One of my biggest irks is insulting people directly. I cannot stand when someone, during an argument, resorts to unfair words that undermine the other person's ability to retort. To provide a fact is something, to provide an opinion of fact is another, but to present something so uncounterably objective as an insult to intelligence or something similar irks me, it irks me hard. I told U once if he messaged a girl with a skin disease making fun of her I would eternally hate/troll him. I also remember feeling distaste for the ones who agreed he should do it... you know who you are.

-I am quick to shrug off arguments. I am incredibly inclined to agree to disagree (I'm a big fan of the saying 'to each his own') than pursue arguments over subjective opinions and unknowable topics.

-Characters I have always related with have been loner types that carry guns. I like the gun, is it symbolic of the power that must be exercised from time to time in order to prevent further conflict. The six shooter is particularly attractive, it symbolizes the restraint and precision that must be used when choosing to fire. A list of my favorite characters would go Roland Deschain, Vash the Stampede, The Man With No Name, Squall Leonhart... do you notice a theme?

-The police force/military has always had great appeal to me. I enjoy the concept of bringing justice to people who deserve it, I very much enjoy the concept of bettering the world for our next generations. I have a romanticized view of war and law.

-I've dreamt of being a Monk in the Tibetan mountains. Buddhist dogma, I feel, I have always related with. I would find it particularly interesting that Buddhist dogma has not 'taught' me much, most of the tenants I had arisen to naturally, only to find out someone had beat me to the definitions... I wonder how receptive they are to gringos?

-When I was being fired, my direct supervisor's right hand man was talking with me. He told me, "I know you like her (a coworker), but she's the one that screwed you over." I answered, "It's not that I like her, it's that I like everyone."

It truly is difficult for me to not like someone, even when I know you have committed some of the already stated irksome actions. I understand you. I cannot say no to you. I'm a door mat. I will put myself in an incredibly disadvantageous position just to satisfy the will of another. It gets me in trouble frequently, and I know when I'm doing it I am screwing myself over... yet I simply cannot say no.

-When people feel emotional reaction from my sharp words, it lingers for a good period of time. I feel guilty, so guilty.... I still feel guilty for something I said to Victor my first few days at the forums, as innocent as it was... My best friend once told me when I was young that I was the most shameful person he's met. I took great offense, but I now see what he means... I'm just naturally disposed to not like myself and things I say. It flares my Fe so hard.

I really don't know what I should do for y'all to help me. I feel like by typing all this I am exemplifying a fond line from a Coheed song, "When the answer that you want is in the question that you state, come what may". I do like the nine, I find nobility in it. Shoot with any questions you have, I'd be more than glad to answer them, and you'd be helping me out a bit as well.

Also, tl;dr'ers, my bad.

I even feel egotistical for posting this much =/ What is that a trait of?

Hmm, interesting.

I have some free time in the next few days and I will write up stuff from my egram book for you.

I dated an ENTP 7w8 for a few years and he is better now that he is a little older... and I think his answers to what you say here would be vastly different. He always liked stirring the pot with people and seeing what would happen. He is a loner at heart and always lamented needing others for anything.

I have another ENTP friend who is incredibly sweet and giving and I have never really thought about his egram type... your responses sound a lot like him.

Curiousness! :)

W

WALMART

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

I post that on your wall prior to reading this, lol.

interesting.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have had a hard time with finding my enneagram as well...but you have certainly helped me identify i'm not a nine...and I like long postings, no need to feel egotistical :) that might be a trait of a nine, not feeling important enough or something...not sure.

May I ask where you took this test?

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

I post that on your wall prior to reading this, lol.

interesting.

:D Egram differences can be rather interesting to notice in the same type, and I have collected ENTPs the most out of all of my friends. :) I have 5 RL friends who are ENTP, plus 3 family members. Just off the top of my head, I would guess their egram types to be a mix of 5, 6, 7, and 8. My ex might even be 8w7 but he is sort of mellowing as he gets older. When I first met him he was a lot more confrontational. Now he is channeling that energy into law school. I can make him feel bad easily though. Fe-tert is such a gift to humanity as the ENTP gets older. :)

I have a set of three brothers who are all ENTP, although the middle one might be INTP. Anyways. The oldest is some combo of 5/6, the middle is 5w4, and the youngest is 7w8 (I get into the most trouble with him :D). My friend that you are reminding me of... I sort of thought he was 7w6, but I could see 9. He is extremely kind, would give his shirt off of his back for anyone, and frequently makes those dumb, foot-in-mouth jokes that NTPs gravitate towards like gravity, and then both laughs/feels bad about it. (Example, his wife just had a baby and they named him Jonah and his "go-to" joke was to point out how she's the whale that swallowed him.)

Anyways, I am rambling.... and taking over your thread.... :D

W

WALMART

I've considered myself ENTP too as my Ti fairs well, but probably just a so/sp INFP. I have one friend that types as 9w8 ENTP and have seen that combo quite a few times. The only types I think I've seen for ENTPs are everything but 1 2 4 5.

I have no idea how ENTP and 9 actually mesh though...maybe like an ENTP that fades to nothing (numbing) when unhealthy and vice versa....Idk.

I would likely consider myself unhealthy, in many respects.

Ironically, I also find it healthy. I'm a walking contradiction. Split indecision.

W

WALMART

I have had a hard time with finding my enneagram as well...but you have certainly helped me identify i'm not a nine...and I like long postings, no need to feel egotistical :) that might be a trait of a nine, not feeling important enough or something...not sure.

May I ask where you took this test?

http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl

-and-

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

I just noticed site 2 has a second test, perhaps I will take that and see what it gives me.

Also, take what I've said with a grain of salt, cause I'm learning as much as you are :)

W

WALMART

:D Egram differences can be rather interesting to notice in the same type, and I have collected ENTPs the most out of all of my friends. :) I have 5 RL friends who are ENTP, plus 3 family members. Just off the top of my head, I would guess their egram types to be a mix of 5, 6, 7, and 8. My ex might even be 8w7 but he is sort of mellowing as he gets older. When I first met him he was a lot more confrontational. Now he is channeling that energy into law school. I can make him feel bad easily though. Fe-tert is such a gift to humanity as the ENTP gets older. :)

I have a set of three brothers who are all ENTP, although the middle one might be INTP. Anyways. The oldest is some combo of 5/6, the middle is 5w4, and the youngest is 7w8 (I get into the most trouble with him :D). My friend that you are reminding me of... I sort of thought he was 7w6, but I could see 9. He is extremely kind, would give his shirt off of his back for anyone, and frequently makes those dumb, foot-in-mouth jokes that NTPs gravitate towards like gravity, and then both laughs/feels bad about it. (Example, his wife just had a baby and they named him Jonah and his "go-to" joke was to point out how she's the whale that swallowed him.)

Anyways, I am rambling.... and taking over your thread.... :D

Rambling is my favorite. A lot of truth can come out, in rambling.

You know, my first year of college... I want to say I was Enneagram tested by my abnormal psych teacher. I also want to say I tested 8, because of my preference for 8's, and I remember being the "challenger" sounded cool.

Reading the description... I don't totally think it's me, though. Maybe back then, but I've grown, you know? Or maybe it's not what I want to be... but that doesn't really count for much, does it?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An interesting thought and well played with the ideas. I wonder about ENTPs subtype categories that adhere to a certain nature of things. Often ENTPs are portrayed as chaotic in thought and enjoy playing around with the different possibilities to understand and learn new things. Then there's their morality factor from the Fe function playing into a fairness of play. Do you over-think your thoughts to the point of questioning if what you did is inclined to harmony?

W

WALMART

An interesting thought and well played with the ideas. I wonder about ENTPs subtype categories that adhere to a certain nature of things. Often ENTPs are portrayed as chaotic in thought and enjoy playing around with the different possibilities to understand and learn new things. Then there's their morality factor from the Fe function playing into a fairness of play. Do you over-think your thoughts to the point of questioning if what you did is inclined to harmony?

I wouldn't even say I over-think it, it's a relative knee-jerk reaction to things I do. I told Saturned the other day I said something to a member, and though the statement was not untrue, it didn't have to be said. I upset the balance and forced the member to recant their statement....

If by overthinking you mean dwell on, yes, I dwell on my actions.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh, enneagram =/= MBTI. Yes, I think it is more common for ENTPs to be 7w8 and 8w7 as core, but I don't see why an ENTP cannot be a 9. Enneagram first of all relates to our inner fears, and I would say these fears are primarily caused by social external factors. I also believe that we can change enneagram type as we go through life, while I know some people will not agree with that we cannot change or hide our core.

Regardless, if you find that inner peace and most of all, balance, to be of importance, then yes, enneagram 9 might not be a bad idea to look into. The holy idea of 9 is holy love by the way. See how that relates to you.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] <3

So, again, consistent with my nine type scorings, though three and seven are close behind. Pretty consistent with my prior test results, so that's reaffirming. If you saw my scratch sheet, I didn't answer under three for a single one of the nine section, though I only had one five, as opposed to some pretty inconsistent relatability with the other types I scored high in.

Saturned said:
I am going to mix up the order, so answer as truthfully as you can. :)

1. I like to get into things in depth and pore over details until I've figured something out as completely as possible.
2. I am an extremely private person who doesn't let many people into my world.
3. I do not feel very big or powerful - more small and invisible: I'd make a good spy!
4. Other people would think I'm crazy if they knew what I was thinking most of the time.
5. Only by getting accurate information can you make a rational decision- but then, most people aren't really rational.
6. My family thinks I am somewhat strange or eccentric- they've certainly told me that I need to get out more.
7. I can talk a blue streak when I want to; most of the time, though, I prefer to just watch all the craziness around me.
8. If you need a problem solved, let me work on it by myself, and I'll come up with the answer.
9. When you really think about it, you can't get much stranger than so-called normal behavior.
10. I tend to take a long time fine-tuning projects I'm working on.
11. Most people are so incredibly ignorant, it's amazing that anything works at all.
12. I know a lot about a lot of things, and in a few areas, I consider myself an expert.
13. I am extremely curious and enjoy investigating why things are the way they are- even obvious things are not really so obvious when you really look at them.
14. My mind is so intense and active that I often feel like it's on fire.
15. Often I lose all track of time because I'm concentrating so completely on what I'm doing.

Total = 33

1. Most people see me as a serious, no-nonsense person- and when all is said and done, I suppose I am.
2. I have always tried to be honest and objective about myself- and I'm determined to follow my conscience no matter what the cost.
3. While there is some part of me that can be wild, generally speaking that just hasn't been my style.
4. It seems that I am living with a judge inside my head: sometimes the judge is wise and discerning, but often it is simply stern and harsh.
5. I feel that I have paid a great price for trying to be perfect.
6. I like to laugh as much as anyone- I should do it more often!
7. My principles and ideals inspire me toward greater achievement and make my life feel meaningful and worthwhile.
8. I do not understand why so many people have such lax standards.
9. So much depends on me getting things done that I have to be more organized and methodical than others.
10. I have a personal sense of mission, maybe even a calling to something higher, and I believe that there is something extraordinary that I may accomplish during my life.
11. I have mistakes, and so I tend to be extremely thorough to make sure that things are being done properly.
12. Much of life I have believed that right is right and wrong is wrong- that's all there is to it.
13. I have a hard time leaving well enough alone.
14. Many responsibilities have fallen on my shoulders: if I hadn't risen to the occasion, God only knows what would have happened.
15. I am deeply moved by human nobility and grace under pressure.

Total = 30

1. What people seem to like about me is that they feel safe around me.
2. I don't mind being around people, and I don't mind being alone- either way is fine, as long as I am at peace with myself.
3. I've found a certain balance in my life, and I see no reason to mess with it.
4. Being "comfortable" in every sense of the word appeals to me a lot.
5. I would rather give someone else their way than create a scene.
6. I don't know exactly how I do it, but I don't let things get to me.
7. I'm pretty easy to please and usually feel that what I have is good enough for me.
8. I've been told that I seem distracted and absentminded- the fact is I understand things, but I just don't want to react to them.
9. I don't think I am particularly stubborn, but people say that I can be hard-headed once I make up my mind.
10. Most people get themselves worked up too easily: I'm much more even-keeled.
11. You've got to take what life brings, since there's not much can do about it anyways!
12. I can easily see different points of view, and I tend to agree with people more than I disagree with them.
13. I believe in emphasizing the positive rather than dwelling on the negative.
14. I have what might be called a philosophy of life that guides me and gives me a great deal of comfort in difficult times.
15. During the day, I do everything that needs to be done, but when the day is over, I really know how to relax and take it easy.

Total = 59

1. Many people see me as enigmatic, difficult, and contradictory- and I like that about myself!
2. I tend to brood over my negative feelings for a long time before getting free of them.
3. I often feel alone and lonely, even when I'm around people I'm close to.
4. If I'm criticized or misunderstood, I tend to withdraw and sulk.
5. I find it difficult to get involved with projects if I don't have creative control.
6. I tend not to follow rules or to go along with expectations because I want to put my own special touch on whatever I do.
7. By most standards, I'm fairly dramatic and tempermental.
8. I tend to spend quite a bit of time imagining scenes and conversations that haven't necessarily happened.
9. I long for someone to rescue me and sweep me away from all of this dreary mess.
10. When things get rough, I tend to crumble up and give up- perhaps I give up too easily.
11. I can forgive almost anything except bad taste.
12. Generally, I don't enjoy working too closely with others.
13. Finding myself and being true to my emotional needs have been extremely important motivations for me.
14. I don't like either to take the lead or to be a follower.
15. I am acutely aware of my intuitions, whether or not I have the courage to act on them.

Total = 34

1. I am attracted to authority but distrustful of it at the same time.
2. I am very emotional, although I don't often show what I feel-except to those I'm close with- and even then, not always.
3. If I make a mistake, I fear that everyone is going to jump down my throat.
4. I feel more secure doing what's expected of me than striking out on my own.
5. I may not always agree with teh rules-and I don't always follow them- but I want to know what they are!
6. I tend to have strong first impressions about people that are difficult to change.
7. There are a few people I really look up to- they are sort of my heroes.
8. I don't like making big decisions, but I certainly don't want anyone else to make them for me!
9. Some people see me as jittery and nervous- but they don't know the half of it!
10. I know how much I mess up, so being suspicious of what others are up to just makes sense to me.
11. I want to trust people, but often find myself questioning their motives.
12. I am a real hard worker: I keep plodding along until the job gets done.
13. I sound out the opinions of people I trust before I have to make a big decision.
14. It's really weird: I can be skeptical, even cynical, about all kinds of things, and then turn around and fall for something hook, line, and sinker.
15. Anxiety seems to be my middle name.

Total = 45

1. I am extremely independent and don't like having to rely on others for what I really need.
2. I feel that "you have to break some eggs to make an omelet."
3. When I care about people, I often begin to think of them as "my people" and feel like I need to watch out for their interests.
4. I know how to get results: I know how to reward people and how to put pressure on them to get things done.
5. I do not have much sympathy for those who are weak and vacillating-weakness just invites trouble.
6. I am strong-willed and do not give up or back down easily.
7. I am never prouder than when I see someone I've taken under my wing make it on their own.
8. I have a tender, even somewhat sentimental side that I show to very few people.
9. People who know me appreciate the fact that I talk straight to them and tell them exactly what's on my mind.
10. I've had to work hard for everything I have- I think struggle is good because it toughens you up and makes you clear about what you want.
11. I see myself as a challenger, as someone who pushes people beyond their comfort zone to achieve their best.
12. My sense of humor is earthy, sometimes even crude, although I think most people are too prissy and thin-skinned.
13. I can get into a towering rage, but it blows over.
14. I feel most alive when I do what others think is impossible: I like to go to the edge and see if I can beat the odds.
15. Somebody usually has to come up on the short end of the stick, and I don't want it to be me.

Total = 46

1. My genuine concern for others makes me become deeply involved with them- with their hopes, dreams, and needs.
2. It feels natural to be friendly: I strike up conversations easily and am on a first-name basis with everyone.
3. I have found that people respond warmly to me when I give them attention and encouragement.
4. I cannot see a stray dog in the street without wanting to bring it home.
5. I feel good about the fact that I am a thoughtful, generous person.
6. It's hard for me to take credit for the many things I've done for people, but it bothers me a lot when they don't seem to notice or care.
7. It is true that I often do more for others than I should- I give away too much and do not think of myself enough.
8. I often find myself trying to win people over- especially if they initially seem indifferent to me.
9. I take special joy in entertaining and hosting my friends and "extended family."
10. I can be warm and supportive, but there is more steel in me than others might think.
11. I am able to express my feelings for people more openly than most.
12. I make special efforts to know what's going on with the people I care about.
13. I see myself as something of a "healer of broken hearts."
14. My health and finances frequently suffered because I have put other people's needs and interests before my own.
15. I love to knock myself out to make people feel welcomed and appreciated.

Total = 47

1. I love traveling and discovering different kinds of foods, people, and experiences- the whole fabulous whirlwind of life!
2. My calendar is usually full, and I like to keep it that way: no grass is going to grow under my feet!
3. What's important to me is excitement and variety rather than comfort and playing it safe- although i'll take my comforts wherever I can find them.
4. My mind is always chattering- sometimes it seems like I'm thinking about ten things at once!
5. One thing I absolutely cannot stand is being bored- and I make sure I am never boring myself.
6. I'm pretty committed when I am in a relationship, but when it's over, I move on.
7. I am curious and adventurous and am usually the first one of my friends to try whatever is new and interesting.
8. When I no longer enjoy doing something, I stop doing it.
9. I'm not just a "fun person" - there is a serious, even dark side to me, although I do not like to go there very much.
10. I'm good at the big picture, not so much the little details: it's more enjoyable for me to brainstorm a lot of new ideas than to get involved with implementing them.
11. When I really want something, I usually find a way to get it.
12. Things get me down once in a while, but I quickly pop back up again.
13. One of my main problems is that I am easily distracted and get too scattered.
14. I tend to spend more money than I probably should.
15. Other people are great to have along- as long as they want to go where I'm going.

Total = 52

1. I see myself as a highly competent person: it really bothers me when I am anything less than effective and efficient.
2. When things are going well for me, I virtually glow with a kind of inner joy in being who I am and having the life that I have.
3. I try to present myself to others in the best possible light- but doesnt everyone?
4. My feelings have tended to be foreign to me- I feel things strongly for a little while, and then just get on with things.
5. It's important to me to feel successful, even if I'm not yet the success I want to be.
6. For better or worse, I am good at covering up my insecurities- people would never guess what I'm really feeling!
7. I want to make a good impression on people, so I'm usually polite, well-mannered, and friendly.
8. I am aware of how well my friends and colleagues are doing and I tend to compare myself with them.
9. I often strive to be the best at what I'm doing- if I can't be outstanding at something, I generally don't bother with it.
10. Sometimes I've had to cut corners at little to achieve my goals.
11. When I am insecure, I can be rather aloof and cool with people.
12. It really bothers me when others don't acknowledge the excellence of what I've done.
13. I'm more adaptable than most: if things aren't working well, I know how to change my behavior to obtain the results I want.
14. I always have a goal in focus and know how to motivate myself to achieve it.
15. I have a workaholic streak- I feel adrift if I'm not accomplishing things.

Total = 55

Scoring:
Score each of the statements according to how true or applicable to you it is on this scale.
1........Not at all true
2........Seldom true
3.........Somewhat true
4.........Generally true
5......... Very true

Add up your scores for each statement in each section. Your result will be between 15 and 75.

15: Depending on which one type it is, ou are probably not a compliant type (1, 2, or 6) or you are not an assertive type (3, 7, or 8), or you are not a withdrawn type (4, 5 or 9).
15-30: you are probably not this type.
30-45: You most probably have X-type issues or a Type X parent.
45-60: You most likely have an X type component
60-75: You are most likely this type.

Key for the quizzes:

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Something about you does sounds very 9-ish ... however, fair play and desire to agree to disagree is not just a 9 primary. Typically 6's, 1's and 8's are most likely to be motivated to make sure things are fair and just - but they won't avoid conflict, nor would they be afraid of it.

8's have a desire to be protective over being simply just ... kinda like a dark vigilante style of justice. 1's hold themselves to their own ideals and project those ideals onto others and the world at large.

9w8's are somewhat of a difficult type to pin down especially if the 8 wing is strong. They tend to appear a lot more like cp 6's ... but the core difference is that the 9w8 is much more protective and diplomatic and not as influenced by loyalty as 6's. This gets interesting if you have a 9 core and a 6 fix, or a 6 core and a 9 fix. Best way to tell is to see how much of a role anxiety and fear has played in your life [Type 6] as opposed to numbing out and being out of touch with your own anger [Type 9].

Based on your OP, I would rule out type 7 and 5 as your head fix. But it would be interesting if you were a rare 2-fixed ENTP. It's not likely, but not impossible. I think your focus on Fe and its development may be related to that.

However, there's stronger indications that you might be a 3w4 image fix.

Last edited:
W

WALMART

Meh, enneagram =/= MBTI. Yes, I think it is more common for ENTPs to be 7w8 and 8w7 as core, but I don't see why an ENTP cannot be a 9. Enneagram first of all relates to our inner fears, and I would say these fears are primarily caused by social external factors. I also believe that we can change enneagram type as we go through life, while I know some people will not agree with that we cannot change or hide our core.

Regardless, if you find that inner peace and most of all, balance, to be of importance, then yes, enneagram 9 might not be a bad idea to look into. The holy idea of 9 is holy love by the way. See how that relates to you.

I am (or have once been) near obsessed with the concept of balance and inner peace. I related waves to everything, for a good period of my life... the waxing and waning, crests and troughs of life... Now, I have thought about it enough to sort of be a background modifier than an upfront factor.

Holy love, hm? You should expand on the concept.

W

WALMART

Something about you does sounds very 9-ish ... however, fair play and desire to agree to disagree is not just a 9 primary. Typically 6's, 1's and 8's are most likely to be motivated to make sure things are fair and just - but they won't avoid conflict, nor would they be afraid of it.

8's have a desire to be protective over being simply just ... kinda like a dark vigilante style of justice. 1's hold themselves to their own ideals and project those ideals onto others and the world at large.

9w8's are somewhat of a difficult type to pin down especially if the 8 wing is strong. They tend to appear a lot more like cp 6's ... but the core difference is that the 9w8 is much more protective and diplomatic and not as influenced by loyalty as 6's. This gets interesting if you have a 9 core and a 6 fix, or a 6 core and a 9 fix. Best way to tell is to see how much of a role anxiety and fear has played in your life [Type 6] as opposed to numbing out and being out of touch with your own anger [Type 9].

Based on your OP, I would rule out type 7 and 5 as your head fix. But it would be interesting if you were a rare 2-fixed ENTP. It's not likely, but not impossible. I think your focus on Fe and its development may be related to that.

However, there's stronger indications that you might be a 3w4 image fix.

I honestly cannot say... it seems the possibilities are endless.

What would be a 3w4 image fix?

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly cannot say... it seems the possibilities are endless.

What would be a 3w4 image fix?

Basically what I've gleaned of tritype theory is that when individuals whose core E-type strategies aren't working that well for them in the real world would move in order of secondary type followed finally by their third type.

Each individual is supposedly a combined whole of the 3 types: Head, Gut, Image [in an order that's unique to each individual].

Someone with a core image type is primarily driven by love and how they are perceived by the world. 3w4's are primarily driven by success and ambition, however, someone with a 9 core and a 3 fix would not have the same core fears [fear of worthlessness for 3] and vice [vanity for 3] as that of a 9 --- but they will have some elements of creating an image of appearing successful in the eyes of the world. A 3w4 is more likely to strive for their own idea of success as opposed to what makes them appear successful to others and less desiring of praise as compared to a 3w2. However, if 3 isn't your core, then you won't be able to truly relate to the fears, needs and vice .... however, you may relate to some behaviours and motivations.

W

WALMART

Basically what I've gleaned of tritype theory is that when individuals whose core E-type strategies aren't working that well for them in the real world would move in order of secondary type followed finally by their third type.

Each individual is supposedly a combined whole of the 3 types: Head, Gut, Image [in an order that's unique to each individual].

Someone with a core image type is primarily driven by love and how they are perceived by the world. 3w4's are primarily driven by success and ambition, however, someone with a 9 core and a 3 fix would not have the same core fears [fear of worthlessness for 3] and vice [vanity for 3] as that of a 9 --- but they will have some elements of creating an image of appearing successful in the eyes of the world. A 3w4 is more likely to strive for their own idea of success as opposed to what makes them appear successful to others and less desiring of praise as compared to a 3w2. However, if 3 isn't your core, then you won't be able to truly relate to the fears, needs and vice .... however, you may relate to some behaviours and motivations.

Hm, so that's what tri-type is. So I'd be 3-7-9? It's odd those are my three highest groupings, one for each.

I'll have to read into the second bit of what you state to understand it a little better. When things get complicated like that it takes a long time for me to soak it up, usually days.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm, so that's what tri-type is. So I'd be 3-7-9? It's odd those are my three highest groupings, one for each.

I'll have to read into the second bit of what you state to understand it a little better. When things get complicated like that it takes a long time for me to soak it up, usually days.

In that case, figure out your core first and then worry about the tritype. As you read more, your Ne will start making connections. At the moment, feed that Si with as many details as you can ... things will snap into place once you have enough information.

Read the typewatch blog descriptions. They are some of the best freely available ones.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am (or have once been) near obsessed with the concept of balance and inner peace. I related waves to everything, for a good period of my life... the waxing and waning, crests and troughs of life... Now, I have thought about it enough to sort of be a background modifier than an upfront factor.

Holy love, hm? You should expand on the concept.
Read this and see how you feel about it: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-f...ype-nine-peacemaker-timeless-description.html

I guess I could also explain how I reason and live life as a 9w8 fix with 5w4 core as well.

As a triple withdrawn tritype (549), I really dislike conflict. I most of all want everyone to get along, and I strive for equality and fairness for all. I am not one to be quick to anger at people. Instead I try to be understanding. In conflict I will act as a negatiator if possible. Otherwise my w8 will take over and I will act like an assertive 8, taking action on my own.

The way I understand love is that everyone strives to be loved and desire and want love. I therefore think one should not deny others love if possible (but sometimes 5 disagrees). Balance is indeed an important concept to me. I previously described myself to a friend as a walking paradox. I am but I am not. You see me but you do not. I am assertive but I am a coward and so on.