• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The Unflappable Nature of Zai (=): Pod'Lair and Me

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zai (=) corresponds with a Ti-dominant type. I think the (=) has to do with emotional balance.

Calling us "unflappable" is really stereotyped. Because since I was a teenager I've wanted to be unflappable. But that doesn't mean I am. For a couple years before my teens I really was unflappable. Some people would actually call me rational (and quiet, and things of that nature).

Teenage conflict and traumas changed all that. Unflappability changed into anxiety and depression. And yet I am Ti-dominant, but maybe not Zai. If I did a video for Pod'Lair to do a reading on, I don't see how that would show the real, everyday me. Those who have just met me could easily mistake me for a very serene individual, like a type 9. But that's based on a first impression. They haven't seen me stress out at work when something "blows up" again and the pressure is on to perform perfectly. This has been happening a lot lately.

Example:
Me at work, talking a million words a minute; the other guy, "Geez, calm down." I will calm down as soon as you stop making silly assumptions about how things work around here you newb.

Why do people always try to help? Please - don't help me.

Right now I'm on a 50 mg tab of Tramadol which was prescribed originally for a severe muscle spasm in my middle back last week. But now I'm using it for some weird peripheral neuropathy that has been present on my upper left side for about a month or more, and which sometimes spreads out into a larger area for a while. The Tramadol has kicked it back pretty good for the moment.

Chronic pain such as this has been a source of depression and some anxious moments. I'm certainly not seeing the emotional balance that Pod'Lair claims I should have. Maybe ideally, but in reality it's just a myth.

I might have fibromyalgia. I don't believe that this is a female disease, I believe it is simply diagnosed more frequently in women for a couple of reasons. But my self-diagnosis is not based on one or two pains, it comes from a series of medical events and physical traumas that have been ongoing for almost 10 years and then really started hitting me about 5 years ago. Some of it changes places on my body but it never really goes away.

There's all kinds of information about this disease online, but nobody seems to know the cause. Certain things make it worse, and then other events come out of nowhere.

I'm very nervous about doctors these days. (So much for unflappable.) They don't seem to diagnose things anymore. I know a guy who spent $8000 on doctors and labs out of pocket, the result: no diagnosis. Another guy with a chronic cough tells me his insurance company has shelled out $100,000 to various doctors and he still could not get a diagnosis.

I guess I'll just live with it and try to maintain - unflappable Zai.

Jaguar

Thanks for putting your blog entry in the main forum, mal.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well...to think Zai you do have to be somewhat unflappable, though. Just Zai, nothing else of you.

ygolo

My termites win
I thought this "unflappable" impression of Zai was supposed to come from the desire for equilibrium in the logical realm. I find myself saying things like "it's OK", "calm down" etc. too.

Are you certain that you would be a Zai Alpha in their system? It seemed like the idea of self "typing" based on "memes" was something the Pod'lair folks disliked. Their "readings" are supposed to be based on the "natural law" of "energy" instead.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this "unflappable" impression of Zai was supposed to come from the desire for equilibrium in the logical realm. I find myself saying things like "it's OK", "calm down" etc. too.

Are you certain that you would be a Zai Alpha in their system? It seemed like the idea of self "typing" based on "memes" was something the Pod'lair folks disliked. Their "readings" are supposed to be based on the "natural law" of "energy" instead.

Memes are stereotypes. I see them used everyday here. They are often used against others.

But from what I saw, pod'lair readings are based off of a number of clues. That whole "energy" idea is probably just New Age jargon. It also depends on who you talk to.