• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

ENTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is for you as an individual, not what you think ENTPs best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

ENTJs
INTJs
INTPs

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INFJ I think. They have the right energy that pacifies my mind.

James Woods

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It has to be the INFJ. They're the most intriguing by far.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I've had plenty of relationships with INFJs.. and while they are comfortable they are ultimately uninspiring.

Now that I have matured with many relationships under my belt I am resolute on the fact that true relationships, if they are to have any real meaning, are a testament to how much when push comes to shove that the person will be there through thick and thin.. INFJ to me are rather weak on that stance and usually break down ultimately. I find them to be constantly insecure and yearning for permanence/commitments of forever that ultimately don't exist.

Although that doesn't answer the question, I actually have no idea which relationship would work best.. any type that is inspiring.. yet has a level head and persistent through the struggles.. will have my heart.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's nearsighted to think ideal is type only. People aren't that simple. Two people are especially not that simple.

Icarus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know that INFJ is supposed to be the match for ENTP, but I never get along with them. I always, always piss them off. I get along with ENFPs more as they have the same Ne wildness as I do. :p

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I've never met an ENFP I know of. Would be interesting..

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This type relationship table suggests that good matches for ENTP are all extraverted feeling types: ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, ENFJ and also their intuitive thinker cousins the INTPs

To use that table note that introverts change their last j/p letter, so ISFJ becomes ISFp, but extraverts keep same letters.

S

Society

hrm, in no way can i state an ideal partner type, but i have lately being curious as to how an ENTP-ISTP romantic relationships might be like, though i have no one in particular in mind, and can't say i am really looking (not quite ready for another one of those trips). i have also wondered about whether a 5w6 would go well with a 7w6, having a mutual tendency towards loyalty.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was in a relationship with an INFP. She ended it. Always seemed 'on the lookout' for her Fi to get ticked-off. Like waiting for herself to pursue my rejection. It was really immature. To think, eventually or rather inevitably this would happen, as it would have with any type frankly. Except what she got all turned-off about me was over a misunderstanding even. Looking back, the relationship was ostensibly rediculous because of that 'attitude'. Very high expectations with little coping skills. I couldn't tell what her feelings were because she hardly showed any.

I just don't need to be with someone that insecure. It was like 'as soon as something goes wrong I'm outta here'.

So just based on that I wouldn't recommend INFPs. Come to think of it, INFJs too. Both types seem they have difficulty keeping up with ENTPs and in my experience are spiteful about it.

I've had plenty of relationships with INFJs.. and while they are comfortable they are ultimately uninspiring.

Now that I have matured with many relationships under my belt I am resolute on the fact that true relationships, if they are to have any real meaning, are a testament to how much when push comes to shove that the person will be there through thick and thin.. INFJ to me are rather weak on that stance and usually break down ultimately. I find them to be constantly insecure and yearning for permanence/commitments of forever that ultimately don't exist.

Although that doesn't answer the question, I actually have no idea which relationship would work best.. any type that is inspiring.. yet has a level head and persistent through the struggles.. will have my heart.

Exactly.

Last edited:
S

Society

has anyone here experimented with NT on NT relationship?

(thumbs up for the MBTI making it sound like that :D )

A

A window to the soul

Good question and I enjoyed reading y'alls responses! As most of you know, I am an ENTP female with well developed Fe and I think MBTI types are a bunch of stuffy boxes; so, I best not choose one for this exercise. However, I will tell you what my ideal romantic match looks like...

I care most about teamwork, respect, and my ability to respect and admire a man for his strengths; such as, intelligence in areas where I'm lacking.

My ideal romantic match has high character with power and here's what I mean by power...

If he is impatient, he is not powerful. If he is terrible at budgeting time, energy or money, he is not powerful. If he is easily defeated intellectually or emotionally and he gets easily angered, he is not powerful. If he acts like a victim and acts out towards me instead of assertively standing up to me about the issues in a calm, courageous way, he is not powerful. If I throw a playful teasing insult his way and he negs me, cries, or freezes me out instead of saying something clever in return, well, I win, he lose.
(Lack of power = lack of sexual attraction.)

Finally, my ideal romantic match is my friend. A true friend. Which to me, is simply being side-by-side with someone in a state of consistently shared, positive emotion.

I guess I want a lot, but I have as much to give in return. -peace- :heart:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah. knowing several ENTPs personally, I seriously don't see how they can go with any Fi-dom or aux type. They are just so oblivious and at the same time so critical of Fi, to the point of almost resentment, i've never encountered that with any other type.

This type relationship table suggests that good matches for ENTP are all extraverted feeling types: ISFJ, ESFJ, INFJ, ENFJ and also their intuitive thinker cousins the INTPs

To use that table note that introverts change their last j/p letter, so ISFJ becomes ISFp, but extraverts keep same letters.