• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Being an INTJ

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello.
I was hoping there might be an INTJ out there, with whom I might be able to connect. For the larger part, being surrounded by typological opposites doesn't deter me from going about my day. However, there are those times when I require somebody who understands the way my mind works, and thinks alike. Someone I could share a hypothesis or two with, perhaps, and get their criticism in return. Trying to explain some of my thoughts and notions to non INTJ's has proven to be a chore at times. :dry:

Nicodemus

Is this the audition thread in which candidates contest to become the INTJ out there with whom you might be able to connect?

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. This is where people start off by insinuating that a thread is pointless, while paradoxically replying to it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why would this thread be pointless?

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, but it isn't. :D

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fire up a blog and share it with all the INTJ users that agrees. It depends on your interests but i can check it out.

Nicodemus

No. This is where people start off by insinuating that a thread is pointless, while paradoxically replying to it.
You have earned my interest. However, I would not say that insinuating that a thread is pointless renders replying to it paradoxical: a thread's direction can change, and someone has to deliver the bad news, too.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You have earned my interest. However, I would not say that insinuating that a thread is pointless renders replying to it paradoxical: a thread's direction can change, and someone has to deliver the bad news, too.

If you consider it, the fact that a thread's direction can change, renders nugatory the insinuation of pointlessness in itself.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

If you consider it, the fact that a thread's direction can change, renders the insinuation of pointlessness in itself nugatory.
Only if the thread is understood as a static thing, which I would not do.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Isn't the dynamic nature of a thread the very root of it being anything but pointless?

Nicodemus

Ideally; but the duress to 'stay on topic' may leave a thread that starts out pointless eternally restricted to its initial pointlessness.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find staying on topic rather insipid. Most topics, once conquered, require putting out of mind.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think nugatory is a ugly and silly word... Don`t use it.

I find staying on topic rather insipid.
Allways??? thats a fair bit of black and white thinking.

W

WALMART

Okay asked why it would be pointless, not if it was pointless.

/mentalstrokefest

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay asked why it would be pointless, not if it was pointless.

/mentalstrokefest

Apologies. I'm mildly unhinged of late. Well, a thread could be pointless either if the conversation is dead from the beginning, or if a conversation stagnates onto a topic that has been resolved.

W

WALMART

Apologies. I'm mildly unhinged of late. Well, a thread could be pointless either if the conversation is dead from the beginning, or if a conversation stagnates onto a topic that has been resolved.

Dude, I don't know why I even said that. Sometimes on the internet I just become disembodied and fly off the handle for no real reason.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think nugatory is a ugly and silly word... Don`t use it.
Why would a word be ugly?
Allways??? thats a fair bit of black and white thinking.

Well, unless there are new developments, new observations to be made, or old ones that require correcting, a resolved topic ought to be laid to rest, only to be quoted from occasionally when required.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude, I don't know why I even said that. Sometimes on the internet I just become disembodied and fly off the handle for no real reason.

Hmm.. interesting. explain "fly off the handle" with an example or two. If you don't mind.