• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
you think? i've thought so too.

i don't know. i have a lot of work cut out for me.

As do I. Now, for the first step. What would it be? How to screen someone right off the bat regarding their ability to withstand intensity? OR, to learn to curb our intensity in order not to chase everyone away? OR, something else entirely?

It's already hard.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
:ninja: Suggestion..you could ask an enfp or infp to explain love to you...if it is the Fi version you are after. Believe it or not, it does come with its own internal logic...

Good idea. *leans forward* Okay, Go!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like being incompetent in any area. At all.

W

WALMART

As do I. Now, for the first step. What would it be? How to screen someone right off the bat regarding their ability to withstand intensity? OR, to learn to curb our intensity in order not to chase everyone away? OR, something else entirely?

It's already hard.

Heh, hard.

Idk =\ being a girl, I'm sure your pursuits are slightly different than mine. I don't know how the typical man would react with intensity that us ENTP's can exude. I, personally, enjoy intensive feedback in the same manner I give it. Any more would probably turn me off, any less as well.

My largest concern right now is when sex will be introduced into the relationship... I'm dating so many people, but I don't know who to 'choose', or if I should even 'choose', or what...

I've hurt people in the past about my selections with no to little intent of pursuit regarding a relationship, I feel guilty for things like that five years later...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTPFI3.gif
:huh::notthechildren::shock:

^relevant

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Err...which part of the mechanics would you like first? Otherwise, it will be a 10 page introductory essay :D

Um. I'm so bad at this, not I'm not even sure what my question is. My main issue though, if I look at my past experiences, is dealing with those with Fi. No doubt because that's my main weakness. Can you do anything with that?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um. I'm so bad at this, not I'm not even sure what my question is. My main issue though, if I look at my past experiences, is dealing with those with Fi. No doubt because that's my main weakness. Can you do anything with that?

Ehm, perhaps if we specify it more :D
What do you mean, dealing with those with FI? you mean...for instance, our breed?

If so..why fall for them in the first place?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ehm, perhaps if we specify it more :D
What do you mean, dealing with those with FI? you mean...for instance, our breed?

If so..why fall for them in the first place?

Communicationwise, maybe? So that it's productive and doesn't get derailed by miscommunications so much. Also, understanding how they think when it comes to love.

Why fall for them in the first place? Wow. That seemed ... something. One, it's not something that can always be helped, and two, why limit myself and possibly them by avoiding a potentially great thing just because it may require a bit more work?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Communicationwise, maybe? So that it's productive and doesn't get derailed by miscommunications so much. Also, understanding how they think when it comes to love.

Why fall for them in the first place? Wow. That seemed ... something. One, it's not something that can always be helped, and two, why limit myself and possibly them by avoiding a potentially great thing just because it may require a bit more work?

Lol, thats not what I meant, I wonder why you are attracted to something that seems to be that uncomfortable for you. Im kind of curious as to why youd willingly go be uncomfortable I guess, no judgement though :)

Look for most of the Fi-users, things have to *feel right*. Logic goes out the window when it comes to love as most of us dont bother to analyze it, and just follow that feeling. So..not devaluating that feeling is a start. It may seem non-sensical, but honestly, after many years of reflecting on it..ive come to realize there is a very logical system behind that little feeling and why its 90percent right. Being curious is allowed, but when they arent able to explain it further and you get frustrated and think they are holding out on you or are just being silly..think twice, deep breaths and realize taht they just havent reflected on why it works yet..experience has taught them however that it *does* work.

...am I anywhere near what you are looking for? :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Manic pixies of the MBTI world. Wonderful stuff.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Listen, I tried, but I don't see how that video is relevant at all.
Typology is being used wrong all over the place in that blog; the perv sensor caricature was just the most evident. The special snowflake syndrome has compromised the whole point.
/party pooper
Ok, carry on.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Typology is being used wrong all over the place in that blog; the perv sensor caricature was just the most evident. The special snowflake syndrome has compromised the whole point.
/party pooper
Ok, carry on.

Agreed. Ahem.

Regardless, I think I got a good feel of the real intent. Really interesting read... That guy was pretty entertaining. It certainly did hit on a lot of mysterious traits I've observed in the ENTP's in my life. The ENTPs I know certainly do come in a different "flavors", but regardless I've seen flashes of what this guy calls "Fi translated through Ti."

But really, I think it's Ti/Fe responsible for this, and can be seen in any Ti user (if the Ti user allows it ;) ). Fe drives and motivates those feelings, and Ti expresses it. In other words, Ti users may be prone to rationalize internally a desire to have emotional control of our external world. To some, this may sound mild and detached, but it can be truly intense. I can definitely see why it may be mistaken for Fi.

Let me put it to you this way (though I'm a Ti-dom, not Ti-aux): I've experienced "love" through Fi and I've experienced love through Ti/Fe. As paradoxical as it sounds for most, love through Ti/Fe for a Ti user is a much more positive, beautiful thing. Fi love feels like despair. For a Ti-aux user, Fi may feel more like paranoia. But that's just a guess.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol, thats not what I meant, I wonder why you are attracted to something that seems to be that uncomfortable for you. Im kind of curious as to why youd willingly go be uncomfortable I guess, no judgement though :)

I can't help what I'm attracted to anymore than others can. Sometimes, what a person is attracted to, like say a deep thinker, etc., happens to come in a package that has Fi leading things. It's possible! What, you've never been attracted to someone that confused you in some way? Did it stop the attraction? Did it stop you? I'm not the type to back away from a challenge. I'm more the solve-it-and-conquer-the-problem type gal.

Look for most of the Fi-users, things have to *feel right*. Logic goes out the window when it comes to love as most of us dont bother to analyze it, and just follow that feeling. So..not devaluating that feeling is a start.

What if there is a problem? Say, you (the Fi experienced person) KNOW you love someone, but an issue pops up. For instance, a floundering ENTP gets neurotic over something and there's a problem with communicating about it, making it look like an even larger issue. Then, it seems like since the love is based on 'feeling' then it could cause it to seem hopeless when it's actually not. Or, do I have that wrong? How could the ENTP communicate that it's temporary and just because it would seem larger if it were them (the Fi who normally wouldn't have the problem), it's actually not for the ENTP and is totally solvable? Perceptions are at work here, see? And, it's a pretty common problem, sadly.

It may seem non-sensical, but honestly, after many years of reflecting on it..ive come to realize there is a very logical system behind that little feeling and why its 90percent right.

I wouldn't argue this. I have no idea, and so can only trust you that you know yourself. What I take away from it though, is that I should do just that. Trust that the other person knows.

Being curious is allowed, but when they arent able to explain it further and you get frustrated and think they are holding out on you or are just being silly..think twice, deep breaths and realize taht they just havent reflected on why it works yet..experience has taught them however that it *does* work.

Fair enough. I wouldn't ask someone to give me more than what they have when it comes to explaining their feelings for me, but others very well might, so it's great that you've made it clear. I have been a horrible one about not taking deep breathes first before speaking though, and just saying some theoretical thought that comes to mind and having them think it is a well-thought out comment. When in reality, it's just a tentative observation. Worse, when it comes to love/emotions and I REALLY shouldn't say a lot of it because I have to work it out much more before truly being settled on what I believe is true.

...am I anywhere near what you are looking for? :)

Yeah, you're being very helpful. :)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Agreed. Ahem.

Regardless, I think I got a good feel of the real intent. Really interesting read... That guy was pretty entertaining. It certainly did hit on a lot of mysterious traits I've observed in the ENTP's in my life. The ENTPs I know certainly do come in a different "flavors", but regardless I've seen flashes of what this guy calls "Fi translated through Ti."

But really, I think it's Ti/Fe responsible for this, and can be seen in any Ti user (if the Ti user allows it ;) ). Fe drives and motivates those feelings, and Ti expresses it. In other words, Ti users may be prone to rationalize internally a desire to have emotional control of our external world. To some, this may sound mild and detached, but it can be truly intense. I can definitely see why it may be mistaken for Fi.

Let me put it to you this way (though I'm a Ti-dom, not Ti-aux): I've experienced "love" through Fi and I've experienced love through Ti/Fe. As paradoxical as it sounds for most, love through Ti/Fe for a Ti user is a much more positive, beautiful thing. Fi love feels like despair. For a Ti-aux user, Fi may feel more like paranoia. But that's just a guess.

There is so much that I'd give to know what you just said.