• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Is Anyone Else Surrounded by Their Opposite???

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an ENTJ surrounded by ISFP'S!!!!
Does your opposite DRAIN THE (insert bad word) out of you??!!!
-my bestfriend
-my partner
-his mom
-his grandmother
-my direct supevisor
-her supevisor (one of my bosses)
-my sister
-everyone that is annoying and hard to type because they are so pathetically labeled "mysterious" they are all ISFP's...I want to freak out! Feel the same?....even a little bit?

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I "feel" your pain. I'm an INTJ, surrounded by ISTP's, ESFJ's and ISFJ's. I know one other INTJ, and we don't get along too well. It can be a drain, at times, especially when most people can't understand you or your actions. But I get by, I've never been much of a socialite, so most of my time I spend on my own someplace.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YAY!! I'm not alone! :) I pretty much get paid to be fake...I am an an ENTJ that says "I feel" all the time...it scares me O.O "shakes with disgust" I have found that at every job...getting along with people = me being fake...it's EXTREMELY draining...I wish i knew an INTJ in real life...but haven't met one...I think most of my problems actually come from other people being a sensor. Wow...it feels like almost everyone. I'm surrounded literally lol. I know maybe 6 or 7 intuitieves...in TOTAL...and the other 30 or whatever are like all sensors :( "sighs"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My opposite would be an ESFJ, my step-daughter. I live with three SF types. They are also opposite gendered from me. There is thankfully only one Judger among them. Two are extraverts and one is an introvert, ISFP.

In my workplace there are primarily Sensing types.

Is it any wonder that some people think I'm a Sensor? I've had to adapt.

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My opposite would be an ESFJ, my step-daughter. I live with three SF types. They are also opposite gendered from me. There is thankfully only one Judger among them. Two are extraverts and one is an introvert, ISFP.

In my workplace there are primarily Sensing types.

Is it any wonder that some people think I'm a Sensor? I've had to adapt.

I couldn't agree more. adaptability IS the key to survival, and this is a scientific fact. However, I choose, sometimes, to keep traits concrete, and make for their outwardly appearance as that belonging to traits that have been adapted. I find it essential to gun for one's own habits as well.

scriabin221

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
No, not at all. Well, my mother is an ISFJ and my father is an ESTJ, but we don't have too many issues (anymore). I don't really mind ESTJ's (as long as they're not in a position of authority over me), and an ISFJ is 1000x more pleasant than dealing with an ESFJ. It's weird, I tend to deal with most SJ type pretty decently. The only SJ type I have trouble with is the ESFJ (obviously). But only the really judgmental ones. I've been good friends with an ESFJ before. Interestingly enough, I really don't get on well with SFP's. They just get under my skin.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I get along well with every ISFP...They can be needed at times...such as when you want to hear the words "We can do it tomorrow" and "It's not that bad, no need to be afraid".... other than that I have to limit myself as to how much I talk or rant, feel, express anger, do anything that THEY think is socially akward, talk about something that's not shallow. Anyways, theyre all nice people and on a day to day basis...i'm not sure if they got under my skin...IF i werent surrounded by them lol My workplace has increased in intuitives in the past year thank goodness...all NF's but i'm very ok with that, it's a relief.

scriabin221

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think I get along well with every ISFP...They can be needed at times...such as when you want to hear the words "We can do it tomorrow" and "It's not that bad, no need to be afraid".... other than that I have to limit myself as to how much I talk or rant, feel, express anger, do anything that THEY think is socially akward, talk about something that's not shallow. Anyways, theyre all nice people and on a day to day basis...i'm not sure if they got under my skin...IF i werent surrounded by them lol My workplace has increased in intuitives in the past year thank goodness...all NF's but i'm very ok with that, it's a relief.

That is true. They can be pretty cool in small doses. I have a pretty good friend who is an ESFP. That type appeals to me a lot when I'm in the mood to do the exact opposite of what I would normal do. But it takes a very non-jugdmental, down-to-earth SFP to get along with an INT. It's probably easier for you since you're an E. At my school, I take a lot of music classes and the department is pretty much full of SFP's. You just grow to become annoyed after a while. I even have a hard time getting on with them musically since we go about it in very different ways.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wow....I never thought about that....I hate fitting into the stupid stereotypical "NT" type by being that person that sounds lie they think they're superior in some way to others...but band was one of those things that made me hate people in general...not only do people not listen to the conductor...but they dont practice... and i never needed as much practice as they did....but they never took notes...so they never remeber their cues right...and it was probably cause they were percievers....no follow through!!! and they didn't care as much as i did....BAAAAAHHHH!!!! that' just hit me lol

scriabin221

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
wow....I never thought about that....I hate fitting into the stupid stereotypical "NT" type by being that person that sounds lie they think they're superior in some way to others...but band was one of those things that made me hate people in general...not only do people not listen to the conductor...but they dont practice... and i never needed as much practice as they did....but they never took notes...so they never remeber their cues right...and it was probably cause they were percievers....no follow through!!! and they didn't care as much as i did....BAAAAAHHHH!!!! that' just hit me lol

Yes, I could see that. They probably just thought they could get away with just playing winging it. I mostly played jazz with them. I was always much more into music theory and coming with novel approaches, while they like to "jam." There were other types in the group I didn't mesh with as well. After that, I decided I'm much better just working on music alone. Unless it's chorus. I have TJ type choral instructor who can keep any musician in line.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
ESFP, yes I use to work with one. I still do technically, although I work from home and only see her when I go to my office once a week. I will say she is a good team player, it was never anything like that but the routine and dryness of our job really got to her. I have no idea what made her go into a medical IT job, she should have been a wedding planner or an actress or something bubbly.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm constantly surrounded by ESFJs. Why wouldn't I be? Statistically its one of the most common types. Actually I get along well with most ESFJs.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm constantly surrounded by ESFJs. Why wouldn't I be? Statistically its one of the most common types. Actually I get along well with most ESFJs.

Really? I've only met like 3 that I have actually gotten to know...maybe there was some random bank teller that's one...wierd.

That's the thing...it's like these people are all isfp's and i know 100% i am not mistyping them...so I think my Ni keeps saying what am i doing to attract all these isfp's GAAAHHH!!!!! i guess SP's do take up a lot of the population though...hmm

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost entirely SJ environment. The few other NT's stick out, because they're the only ones I can have a substantial conversation with. There are a few SP's, and I don't usually have much to talk to them about.
Going through midlife crisis, it's difficult looking back over a life where I've always been the odd man out, and then seeing that others with similar perspectives are out there, but at this age, it's harder to connect.

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Most of my friends are dominants in Ni (2 people), Se (3 people), Fi (2 people) and others not in my top 4 preferred functions: a best friend, ENFJ and Ti-doms (2).

My mother and father are also T-doms. My mother an ESTJ and my father who is an ISTP. My sister is an INFJ and brother an IxxP (probably a Ti dom but he's only 12, too early to determine).

:shrug: I think my circle is pretty diverse...

W

WhoCares

Yes I am. Thankfully I am so boring in their eyes they chat amoung themselves and forget I am there. So from that perspective, not it's not draining in the least. My day is filled with 'look a shiny!, OMG celebrity, can I have that magazine? So are you and your boyfriend getting married?', thankfully none of it is directed at me. Bliss ensues....:wubbie:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my circle is pretty diverse...

You ARE lucky ha ha! that sounds like so much fun! lol

You're lucky! I've got SFs, and a whole lot of them, too.

bahh!! yes! SF's everywhere, if not an SF(almost all), then NF's(3), NT (1), but ENT or NTJ ...

Yes I am. Thankfully I am so boring in their eyes they chat amoung themselves and forget I am there. So from that perspective, not it's not draining in the least. My day is filled with 'look a shiny!, OMG celebrity, can I have that magazine? So are you and your boyfriend getting married?', thankfully none of it is directed at me. Bliss ensues....:wubbie:

ha ha I will have to learn to be more boring I guess, and I feel like i've toned it back SOO much ...guess I haven't been trying hard enough. My motto really has become stay under the radar...which is causing stress I think, because that's usually the opposite of what most ENTJ's say i feel lol

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Almost entirely SJ environment. The few other NT's stick out, because they're the only ones I can have a substantial conversation with. There are a few SP's, and I don't usually have much to talk to them about.
Going through midlife crisis, it's difficult looking back over a life where I've always been the odd man out, and then seeing that others with similar perspectives are out there, but at this age, it's harder to connect.

That must be difficult to not be surrounded by easier people to connect with because I feel like it just could make the situation worse :( ..well at least you have Type C...sighs

W

WhoCares

ha ha I will have to learn to be more boring I guess, and I feel like i've toned it back SOO much ...guess I haven't been trying hard enough. My motto really has become stay under the radar...which is causing stress I think, because that's usually the opposite of what most ENTJ's say i feel lol

Boring is just nothing in common. But isn't flying under the radar a violation of ENTJness? Wouldn't it be more ENTJ and efficient for you to just learn to cut the annoying ones down so at least they don't dare
cross you and instead squirrel away from your presence? :D