• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTs and happiness

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes!

I am happy that I was born in a rich part of the planet. I am happy that I don't have to worry about not getting my basic needs. I won't starve or die of thirst and I have a roof over my head. I am happy that I am healthy and have good insurance so I'll be able to get all the care I need if that changes. I am happy that I make enough money to indulge in my hobbies and interests and I am happy that, although I have to be very flexible, my job can be a lot of fun. And even when I pull 15 hour days, there's plenty of moments in between to prevent me from becoming over-worked.

I am very happy!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Overall on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 7. It varies from day to day and even hour to hour but overall I'm more happy than I'm not. There are still things I'd like to change if I could but those things matter little in the large scheme of things. For example sometimes I wish I had a higher paying job but I make plenty enough so that I'll always get my basic needs met. Sometimes I wish I was a different personality type until I realize that might mean I'd no longer possess the qualities I admire about my own type. Sometimes I wish I was thinner but overall I'm healthy the way I am and that's what really matters. Sometimes I wish I had more closer, meaningful relationships outside my immediate family and I cherish having lots of independence and alone time to do as I please and not have any serious relationship strife in my life. And that is good.

R

Riva

Yes!

I am happy that I was born in a rich part of the planet. I am happy that I don't have to worry about not getting my basic needs. I won't starve or die of thirst and I have a roof over my head. I am happy that I am healthy and have good insurance so I'll be able to get all the care I need if that changes. I am happy that I make enough money to indulge in my hobbies and interests and I am happy that, although I have to be very flexible, my job can be a lot of fun. And even when I pull 15 hour days, there's plenty of moments in between to prevent me from becoming over-worked.

I am very happy!

Quite nice Fluffy!

I must point out that you are indeed lucky to have been born in to a well to do part of the world.

Also, everything you said is what I look for for a happy life and nothing much more. Only difference is that I would enjoy having a healthier (more consistent) sex life. But you are an INTP. So I guess you don't have those needs? :tongue:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only difference is that I would enjoy having a healthier (more consistent) sex life. But you are an INTP. So I guess you don't have those needs? :tongue:

It's not that I have anything against sex, but it's not what would make me happy. There'd need to be a few more factors present for it to make me happy. :p

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am very happy. I too am grateful for all the things Fluffy listed, and I do think about how fortunate I am. I am always happy just to be alive. Being a living being is a beautiful and sacred thing. I am happiest when I am in nature looking at the sun shining through the leaves, listening to music, or experiencing something physically pleasant, like eating delicious food or dancing, or being close to someone. Perhaps unlike many INT's my positive emotions are connected to physical experiences (so sex is important to me). It makes me feel real. Seems like all my negative emotions are connected to not feeling real. My spiritual practice involves not putting conditions on happiness or being attached to outcomes. Being alive and in harmony with reality is enough.

W

WhoCares

I am not unhappy but I can't say I've moved into that positive state of euphoria known as happiness. There are certain peak moments in which I feel that way but overall there is a pervading sense of frustration that I feel about life most of the time. I am anxious to acheive many things and often feel frustrated that I havent gotten as far with those projects as I would like.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm very happy. I have a family that I love, a great home in a beautiful place, a fulfilling career with the flexibility to fit nicely with my life. I truly don't have many complaints and I get plenty of sex.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, but I'm not unhappy either. I think that when I'm happy I get less driven, as I get satisfied too easily; and too optimistic, which ends up clouding my judgements. In the end, I function better when I'm in that neutral zone between sad and happy.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not unhappy but I can't say I've moved into that positive state of euphoria known as happiness. There are certain peak moments in which I feel that way but overall there is a pervading sense of frustration that I feel about life most of the time. I am anxious to acheive many things and often feel frustrated that I havent gotten as far with those projects as I would like.

I hear you on the frustration with achievement.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The question is irrelevant. I have been able to develop my talents and put them to use. I continue to learn and to grow. I set goals and generally achieve them. All of this makes me feel alive and fulfilled. If I am also happy some/much of the time, so be it. If I am not by standard measures, it probably just means I am in the middle of working through something difficult, but worthwhile.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am gunna be the odd one out and say I am not happy in any sense of the world, I hate my life at this point and would do anything to get me out of the situations I am forced into but I cant.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, but I'm not unhappy either. I think that when I'm happy I get less driven, as I get satisfied too easily; and too optimistic, which ends up clouding my judgements. In the end, I function better when I'm in that neutral zone between sad and happy.

Some of my thoughts on this:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ce-happy-society-contention-mind-emotion.html

I still don't know the answer. :D

Fluffywolf said:
Happiness is one of the most elusive concepts my mind wants to grasp. I experience it, I feel it, but I can't for the life of me understand it.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No but after going through what I've been through, it's expected. It will get better since I have an opportunity to carve out a life better suited to my nature.