• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some sources say Arnold Schwarzenegger is an INTJ. I could actually believe this.

I couldn't. My money is on ESFP, from what I've seen of him in interviews and (once) in person.

Very SP mentality (work your fingers to the bone until you succeed -- you don't need to understand the world, you just need to persevere). Very earthy, and very likeable, not very intellectually complicated or even interested in such complications. Sitting around thinking and strategizing is a waste of time.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I couldn't. My money is on ESFP, from what I've seen of him in interviews and (once) in person.

Very SP mentality (work your fingers to the bone until you succeed -- you don't need to understand the world, you just need to persevere). Very earthy, and very likeable, not very intellectually complicated or even interested in such complications. Sitting around thinking and strategizing is a waste of time.

Not sure I agree with that, from what I know of his earlier life... I mean, he went to college and studied business strategy and made his fortune in real estate to fund his plan of winning bodybuilding contests, which itself was to further his plan of becoming an actor and making money, to use the popularity to go into politics. He seems to have planned it from relatively young, and stuck to the plan with ruthless discipline, which seems to suggest J-ness to me, maybe even NTJ-ness.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nah. Arnie's too buff to be an N.

I dunno... I mean lots of NTJ's are into sports, specially ENTJ's, and with the strong drive to succeed and compete, if the sport you picked happened to be gym, you'd wanna be the biggest, strongest muthafucker out there lol

Bodybuilding's a great outlet for stress and anger... something familiar to NJ's...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno... I mean lots of NTJ's are into sports, specially ENTJ's, and with the strong drive to succeed and compete, if the sport you picked happened to be gym, you'd wanna be the biggest, strongest muthafucker out there lol

Bodybuilding's a great outlet for stress and anger... something familiar to NJ's...

Yeah, a lot of xNTJs can seem like SPs because they seem physically oriented. Of course, the xNTJ probably has a clearer long-range vision in mind.

It's probably true that most N's are generally not into sports, since it involves concrete attention to details, but if the N is also a J, he/she will more likely be willing to use their weaker functions as a means to an end.

Arnold is around 60 right now. This could mean that he's developing his inferior function (Extraverted Sensing), which would probably make him seem like his opposite type -- an ESFP like Jen pointed out.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's probably true that most N's are generally not into sports, since it involves concrete attention to details, but if the N is also a J, he/she will more likely be willing to use their weaker functions as a means to an end.

Not true - not all sports require fine attention to detail. Whilst bodybuilding you can just let your arms do the work while you daydream away - I've done it in the past. It's a sport of endurance and strength, not fine skill or detail.

Also, things like hiking, jogging, running, mountainbiking, where you can go onto autopilot a lot of the time and just let your mind wander. Racing - any kind of vehicle racing - is something I've always found N's do better at. The best racers I've known by far have been male ENxP's.

In fact, I think a lot of sports that require endurance and ability to tune out of your physical situation/pain and keep going, are things where N's are at an advantage.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not true - not all sports require fine attention to detail. Whilst bodybuilding you can just let your arms do the work while you daydream away - I've done it in the past. It's a sport of endurance and strength, not fine skill or detail.

Also, things like hiking, jogging, running, mountainbiking, where you can go onto autopilot a lot of the time and just let your mind wander. Racing - any kind of vehicle racing - is something I've always found N's do better at. The best racers I've known by far have been male ENxP's.

In fact, I think a lot of sports that require endurance and ability to tune out of your physical situation/pain and keep going, are things where N's are at an advantage.

I never really considered those true sports, though -- more like matches. But yeah, those are the kinds of physical activities that appeal to me, as well.

Golf is pretty much an N-oriented activity, but it's not really a sport in the same vein as basketball, football, hockey, or soccer -- those involve heavy attention to outer details and are very Sensor oriented. Golf involves much more abstract precision.

Speaking of golf, I think Tiger Woods is an INTP. Based on Keirsey's description of NTs, I think he would agree -- Tiger gets really angry when he screws up. (Of course, he seems to limit NTs exclusively to scientists.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course, the majority of the online population is more INxx anyway. ;)

But yeah, baseball and cricket also involve more cerebral precision -- especially for the pitcher.

The only thing I know about cricket is that it's the father of baseball and a game of cricket can last for days -- don't know anything beyond that.