• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why dont we try and name all the meritorious NTs in history. Yes, by meritorious I insinuate that we skip the pop-culture buffoons.

xD Lol he said "buffoons". That's my second favourite word. My favourite is "damp".

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone mentioned Morgan Freeman? I think he's an INTJ, just based on the kind of roles he tends to play -- his character in "Se7en," especially.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A Few More Speculated NTs
  • Gene Roddenberry, ENTP
  • Trent Reznor, INTJ
  • Alfred Hitchcock, ENTP
  • Quentin Tarantino, ENTJ
  • Fritz Lang, INTP

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A Few More Speculated NTs
  • Gene Roddenberry, ENTP
  • Trent Reznor, INTJ
  • Alfred Hitchcock, ENTP
  • Quentin Tarantino, ENTJ
  • Fritz Lang, INTP

Roddenberry might have been more ESTP, to be honest. His imagination actually seemed very naive (when you look at his actual concepts -- all the good stuff was created and implemented by the people he got on board), but he was a WONDERFUL opportunist in terms of schmoozing people and fighting to get Trek on the air. That tends to describe ESTP much better. S's pretending to be N's usually show a naivety in how they piece fanciful ideas together, the N's seem much more coherent and less conventional.

Tarantino is definitely ENTx, I will agree with you that far. I think he's more P, to be honest, but I've never seen him directing a movie before. One thing artistically I have noted about ENTPs -- many of them seem to be very very good at writing imaginative dialogue that reflects how people actually talk. They pick up the rhythm and meter and form of it easily.
I don't see a lot of "J" in him; he seems to be a freewheelin' fast-talking person, it's like he's running high on caffeine and No Doz pills and Pixie Sticks all at once, in every direction or switching directions constantly. That sort of "follow the flow" is more ENTP, I think ENTJ is much more self-directed externally.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm...I never really thought of it that way. I can see ESTPs taking credit for ideas. Although from what I've read, Roddenberry had a philosophical outlook on life outside of Star Trek.

I either see Tarantino typed as ENTJ or ENTP. But when I see a Tarantino film, I see a sort of forceful bluntness (and foot fetish) that seems more associated with ENTJs rather than more intellectual playfulness associated with ENTPs.

And I definitely think Trent Reznor is at least a dominant Introverted iNtuitive (maybe he's an INFJ), because his lyrics are laced with very vivid conceptual imagery.

James Cameron is also probably an ENTP.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Roddenberry might have been more ESTP, to be honest. His imagination actually seemed very naive (when you look at his actual concepts -- all the good stuff was created and implemented by the people he got on board), but he was a WONDERFUL opportunist in terms of schmoozing people and fighting to get Trek on the air. That tends to describe ESTP much better. S's pretending to be N's usually show a naivety in how they piece fanciful ideas together, the N's seem much more coherent and less conventional.
Find the time to watch the first and second seasons of Have Gun, Will Travel. The several episodes written by Gene Roddenberry are plain. Each is uniquely compelling in some way -- usually philosophically, but Roddenberry played with a lot of literary and dramatic elements, including humor. He characterized Paladin as an ENTJ, and so influentially that the seasons following Roddenberry's departure were, however enjoyable, inferior.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP and not an INTJ?

Support that assertion with argument?

From what I've studied of Eisenhower at WP, I believe he was an ENTJ. He was actually quite a bit more charismatic and hard charging than history makes him out to be. He was a very good coalition builder, and that takes a fair amount of extraversion. I feel that he matches Keirsey's definition of an ENTJ as a heirarchical structure builder very well.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Michael Bay is an ENTP, too.

Despite the way people hate how bloated and excessive his movies are, his action sequences are very inventive and visionary.

He's probably close to being the worst storyteller, but he has great (and very fantastical) imagination when it comes to conceptualizing action sequences.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Find the time to watch the first and second seasons of Have Gun, Will Travel. The several episodes written by Gene Roddenberry are plain. Each is uniquely compelling in some way -- usually philosophically, but Roddenberry played with a lot of literary and dramatic elements, including humor. He characterized Paladin as an ENTJ, and so influentially that the seasons following Roddenberry's departure were, however enjoyable, inferior.

I don't know. I'm also thinking of the many comments from various people I've read about how Roddenberry managed his business behavior and relationships. But you know more about Roddenberry's work than I do.

It makes me think about the character of Kirk as well. Lenore Thomson labels Kirk as an ENTP... but Shatner is probably an ESTP, playing an ENTP -- which is why I find it hard to be sure. (Shatner is another one who "plays" at being intuitive but really is not, he's rooted in the tangible world.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I think Kirk is an ESFP, because he's in the world of Sensate possibilities. Kirk is an explorer and takes things as they come, but he doesn't strike me as an "idea" person the way ENxPs do.

I think the real life William Shatner might be an ENFP because he writes his own novels in the Star Trek universe.

Star Trek V, the one Shatner wrote and directed, was probably the most conceptually ambitious Star Trek film of the 10 total. The ideas Shatner originally had for the film were quite visionary, but were impractical for the production to allow.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone think Howard Stern is an ENTP?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I think Kirk is an ESFP, because he's in the world of Sensate possibilities. Kirk is an explorer and takes things as they come, but he doesn't strike me as an "idea" person the way ENxPs do.

He acts like a T, not an F. A TP can seem a bit F, due to the flex. And ExTPs have Fe as their tertiary, so they can be quite charming and seem "F-fy."

I think the real life William Shatner might be an ENFP because he writes his own novels in the Star Trek universe.

They're ghost-written. He gives his ideas to someone else who writes them and makes them work. But he's not really a writer. he's just ambitious.

Star Trek V, the one Shatner wrote and directed, was probably the most conceptually ambitious Star Trek film of the 10 total. The ideas Shatner originally had for the film were quite visionary, but were impractical for the production to allow.

The movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Ambitious? Maybe, but incoherently ambitious. That's the problem when someone like Shatner tries to be too imaginative. N's have developed their imagination and it has internal coherence; Shatner had very broad, very vague ambitions, but no real sense of the interconnection of the ideas (which is what an N *is* good at), which resulted in a movie that was probably the equivalent of what an NT in sixth grade could have put together.

Does anyone think Howard Stern is an ENTP?

Probably ESTP, but at least we agree on the ExTP part, and I haven't studied him enough to be sure past that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Adam Sessler, from X-Play, ENTP (he was also one of the original personalities of TechTV).

Werner Stengel (renowned roller coaster designer), INTJ

Sam Raimi, ENTP

Ben Stein, INTP (he's got that classic INTP monotone, and he's also a professor and lawyer in real life)

Matt Groening, ENTP

Woody Allen, INTP

Dr. Theodore Kaczynski, INTJ (despite being the Unibomber, he's also a brilliant mathematician, and thus known for good)

Brian DePalma, INTP (his films are noted for a unique artistic style, but also for a lack of humanity in favor of technical aspects)

Nicolas Cage, xNTJ (judging by most of the characters he plays, at least)

John Grisham, INTP

Tom Clancy, ENTJ

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I think Jasper Johns is INTP. I went to a print retrospective today--after reading quotes and listening to a classmate of his talk, I would not be very surprised if he were.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think Manu Chao, the highly innovative musician and politican campaigner, is ENTP.

I also think Subcomm...whatever it is Marcos of the Zapatista movement is an NT of some kind. Possibly ENTJ.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some sources say Arnold Schwarzenegger is an INTJ. I could actually believe this.

Director Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Starship Troopers) is probably an ENTJ.