• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] how drunk do you get?

W

WALMART

Hmm Im not sure if youtube is ready for the amount of love portrayed in my drunken video. Im going to dinner now, but I might play with it some more later to see if I could get it to load directly.

Alot gets lost in context over text.....its not necessarily you :)

nah, its me. lol.

youtube's seen far worse than any drunken tirade you can produce, trust me.

ChihuahuaRevolt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
nah, its me. lol.

youtube's seen far worse than any drunken tirade you can produce, trust me.

True, but its a love tirade. Totally different. F alllllllll the way. You would never see an INTJ act the way I do drunk

Then again Ive never seen a drunk INTJ so i dunno

W

WALMART

True, but its a love tirade. Totally different. F alllllllll the way. You would never see an INTJ act the way I do drunk

Then again Ive never seen a drunk INTJ so i dunno

Lol. You've got a lot to live up to, I'm stoked for this vid.

G

Glycerine

I can get wasted within in 30 min but it has to be very deliberate on my part. I actually start feeling buzzed within the first few sips of a cheap beer. As a result, I rarely drink.

W

WALMART

I can get wasted within in 30 min but it has to be very deliberate on my part. I actually start feeling buzzed within the first few sips of a cheap beer. As a result, I rarely drink.

Lately I've been feeling buzzed after a beer...

I told myself when I made this thread I was going to moderate my consumption. I think it's working!

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
i've never really had a problem with alcohol. it just gives me energy, and past a certain point it just makes me really alert and focused, much more in the here-and-now, then it goes away and i have a headache/i'm hungover.

very rarely have i ever been drunk enough to lose my ability to... think clearly. the only times that has happened is when i've been on certain medications or i through some drugs into the mix. other than that... hmmm, maybe i have a lot of alcohol dehydrogenase (an enzyme that metabolizes beer and whatnot to lower your BAC), which is why i have a hard time getting really drunk or even maintaining a buzz???

W

WALMART

i've never really had a problem with alcohol. it just gives me energy, and past a certain point it just makes me really alert and focused, much more in the here-and-now, then it goes away and i have a headache/i'm hungover.

very rarely have i ever been drunk enough to lose my ability to... think clearly. the only times that has happened is when i've been on certain medications or i through some drugs into the mix. other than that... hmmm, maybe i have a lot of alcohol dehydrogenase (an enzyme that metabolizes beer and whatnot to lower your BAC), which is why i have a hard time getting really drunk or even maintaining a buzz???

how much do you drink how fast?

W

WALMART

I have a good idea of my tolerance now and pretty much don't go overboard unless it's on purpose. Plus, I'm a beer snob. Although, I do still on occasion choose to drink significantly more than other times, I do it smarter. Last time I got really drunk I was in a big group, had a place to stay, didn't have to drive anywhere, and the best part...I was with doctors so everyone got an IV in the morning, which is a pretty damn good hangover cure.

Say true? IV's after a party. Nice.

ChihuahuaRevolt

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Hm cant get it figured out, sorry.

Have you ever known anyone thats annoyingly happy and optimistic? Just imagine that on steroids and thats me drunk :happy2:

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
how much do you drink how fast?

when i first started drinking i was 15. i remember having about 12 shots and then we moved on to chugging old, stale wine (don't take this to run counter to me "thinking clearly", i was in control--as in i was completely aware of my environment and what was going on--but i was also 15, excited about drinking, and an idiot, so even while thinking clearly i was still thinking poorly). we were outside talking and i just stood up and very matter of factly let everyone know that i was about to throw up, went over to the edge of the porch, did my business and then hosed everything down.

actually, when i was younger i think i handled it better than i do now (23). i remember i was at a friends house and she laid out more shots, i just started downing them no problem and was relatively fine.

now days... after work i sometimes go across the street to a sports bar with some co-workers. i'll have anywhere from 3-6 well vodkas with sprite, sometimes a few will be doubles (within 45 minutes to an hour and a half), and the only thing that i notice is that i may have to concentrate on making my tongue make the necessary shapes in order to not slur. that's odd to me though, because i'm aware that i'm at a point where my speech could be impaired if i let it, but i'm still capable of holding it in check--furthermore, i'm still cognitive enough to even be aware in the first place. i'm usually the one who doesn't like to go to bars or parties or friends houses who like to act like drunk idiots because of this; after a while i'm just sitting there still trying to talk to people but they're acting like morons. and they're not even the funny kind, just the sort that don't realize that they're annoying or not funny but somehow everyone else is drunk enough to enjoy their show. if i give myself... say, at least an hour, most of the effects are gone and i just feel sort of mentally strung out and tired, not at all talkative--just drained.

edit: someone in my family described this sort of thing the same way, at least the part about gaining a ton of energy from drinking (like your entire body feels like a springboard that's been tensed). he said it did the same thing to him and he also had problems with alcoholism. so i wonder if there's a connection between, oh i don't know, say the amount of the enzyme in a person that alters how it effects their body when drinking--not to mention that it would allow for them to use it as a crutch since it's pretty compatible to begin with--and alcoholism. plus, i've heard that alcohol is the second preferred source of energy for the human body, which would also go along with how it was such a prevalent practice for war-like people (germans, vikings, celts) to drink copious amounts and then go into battle...

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i downloaded an app for my phone. it's called AlcoDroid.

it displays your estimated BAC and a nice chart that updates automatically as the night goes on. you can customize the drinks as you add them based on ABV % and size of drink. you can also add cost.

it's a very handy tool. when you open the program and it says "you've been sober for 16 hours" it really comes home that last night wasn't so long ago.

i rarely get above an estimated bac of .1%. i load in the drinks a little on the high estimate for abv to feel safe driving when it tells me i'm below .08. typical is .06 for me.

try it.