• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Inferior Fe Subtypes

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) the confidently eccentric inferior Fe: You maybe used to care what people think about you, but you don't anymore. And even if you did, they probably wouldn't like you anyway. You might as well be as weird as you want. Social skills- why bother.

2) the quintessential nerd/gamer/goth/anime freak/computer geek: A lot of people consider themselves to be these things, but for you it's an identity and a way of fitting in to compensate for not being able to fit in with normal people. You've found your niche, and you see no need to get out of your comfort zone. Social skills? I'll socialize with people like me.

3) the sociopath: Fe? Fi? Who needs feeling? Feeling is for the weak. Morals and ethics are completely irrelevant. All I need is cold, calculated logic, and with it I will rule the world.

4) the brainiac philosopher: Knowledge is everything. Thinking is your hobby. You have an argument for everything, and will argue with anyone at any time over anything at all. You will frequently play the devil's advocate and even argue something you don't believe just to be a smart ass. Social skills are irrelevant, since most people aren't intelligent enough to have a conversation with anyway. It's not that you use Fe inappropriately perse, you just kind of ignore it in favor of thinking about how smart you are. Now if only you could take to heart what Socrates said about the wise man knowing that he knows nothing...

5) the stalker inferior Fe: Inside you don't really think anyone should like you, and you've probably had no friends for most of your life. So if someone shows any interest in you, you latch onto them like a leech. They are your New Best Friend or your love obsession. You secretly crave attention and human connection so much that it's like a drug, and you think if this person were to leave you, you wouldn't find anyone else who likes you for a long time; so this person must be special, since they actually pay attention to you. Try raising your self esteem, and getting out of your comfort zone to develop some social skills.

6) the emotional inferior Fe: You are very concerned with what people think of you, and are sensitive to rejection. In fact, you are sensitive to a lot of things. You don't really know how to deal with emotions, and they burst out of you inappropriately. You often get mistaken for a feeling type. You really want people to like you. You're trying to develop social skills, but you overcompensate.

7) the righteously indignant inferior Fe: You've been treated unfairly, and you're going to say something about it. So have your peers, and you will defend them. In fact, you are a member of several oppressed minorities. You see it as your job to fight societal injustice and live as uniquely as you want. You are very rebellious and argumentative, and kind of naively idealistic. You also sometimes get mistaken for a feeling type. You have developed Fe in service to your beliefs, but your social skills are variable.

8) the pothead: I dunno, man. It's all good. Life is mysterious and complex. Take it easy. Get laid. Your Fe doesn't really cause you problems, but you've kind of dulled your Ti with all the pot you've smoked. Which can turn out to be a good thing, because you've learned to relax and not over think everything. You actually seem human. You probably have excellent social skills.

9) the cute and perky inferior Fe: You happen to have a charming personality and a great sense of humor. You like people, and want to be popular. You are mostly cute because of your lack of social skills. Maybe when you were younger people used to make fun of you, but you would always just laugh along with them, and pretty soon they liked you. When you make a social blunder, you do it in a cute and funny way. After all, taking life seriously leads to suffering. Occasionally you are mistaken for an extrovert, even though you might actually be very shy. Most people like you.

10) the healthy and functional, well developed inferior Fe: You have learned how to develop your Fe over the years. You can convince most people that you are actually normal. You have a lot of friends, and most people like you. You've learned how to balance your intellect with your intuition, and are in touch with your emotions. You are able to effectively use whichever judging function a situation calls for. You have a comfortable sense of values and ethics, and under your detached exterior, you have a heart. Good job!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A combination of 2, 6 and 10. When I was younger, mostly 2 and 6, now I relate more to the last one.

I think there should be a poll to this thread.

wolfy

awsm
9) the cute and perky inferior Fe: You happen to have a charming personality and a great sense of humor. You like people, and want to be popular. You are mostly cute because of your lack of social skills. Maybe when you were younger people used to make fun of you, but you would always just laugh along with them, and pretty soon they liked you. When you make a social blunder, you do it in a cute and funny way. After all, taking life seriously leads to suffering. Occasionally you are mistaken for an extrovert, even though you might actually be very shy. Most people like you.

8) the pothead: I dunno, man. It's all good. Life is mysterious and complex. Take it easy. Get laid. Your Fe doesn't really cause you problems, but you've kind of dulled your Ti with all the pot you've smoked. Which can turn out to be a good thing, because you've learned to relax and not over think everything. You actually seem human. You probably have excellent social skills.

1) the confidently eccentric inferior Fe: You maybe used to care what people think about you, but you don't anymore. And even if you did, they probably wouldn't like you anyway. You might as well be as weird as you want. Social skills- why bother.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. 2 and 9, mostly.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] how would you classify yourself?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see a little of myself in most of them, but mainly 9 and some 10. I used to be more 7.

Musicallogic

MBTI Type
INTP
I have my days with most of them. If I'm in a bad mood, 4 comes out pretty strong. I have to be careful about that if I am around people I like. I can't do 8. I barely drink either. I just don't like anything that dulls my thinking. I'd like to think I usually hang out in 10...

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am 1 3 4. Social Skills who needs them whoever I am humble but I love to argue its fun but most people I know bring emotions into a agruement and debate and then I can poke holes through there armour and steam roll them :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think there should be a poll to this thread.

Good idea. Unfortunately, I don't know how to add one once I've already created the thread.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel like I was at 1. But after going to college and freaking out when I realized how social stunted I was I became more of a 5. Sort of oscillating between 1 and 5, forming a few intense relationships and worrying about my lack of connections and then, sort of forgetting about it and not really giving a crap for a few months until I get anxious about it again. The only thing that's really worked has been strategy 8. It really is sooooo much easier to be normal when I'm inebriated but for obvious reasons I realized that probably wasn't the most long term solution. So now I'm just in the slow, painful and probably futile process of building up the Fe.

KDude

.. not Fe inferior. Who wrote that?

edit: nevermind.. the OP

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I used to be 1 and 4 with shades of 3. Sigh. Teenage self, you were a complete arse. :dry: 10 is my goal...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't identify with any of these.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fluctuate between 6 (emotional inferior Fe) and 9 (cute and perky inferior Fe). I have brief moments of 10 (the healthy and functional, well developed inferior Fe)

W

WhoCares

1. No plans to change. Why break the habit of a lifetime? I know how to work my eccentricity.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've experienced all of these, except 10. From (6) to (2-5) to (1-3-4) to (8) to (7) and I have 9-moments all throughout. Where did you get these ideas? '

It could be a bit more systemized, though

KDude

Why don't you think so?

Cute is not the first thing that comes to mind with any. I can't even express myself right with little kids, I think (not that that's cool or anything..). I'm not good with a lot of adult situations that expect all that liveliness too. Like I hate clubs or big parties for the same reason. And I suspect INTPs get that even more. Either that, or they're pretty dry, like Daria or something.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
... And I suspect INTPs get that even more. Either that, or they're pretty dry, like Daria or something.

You would think so, but I have an INTP friend that may be an exception. He hangs out with a rowdy club-loving crowd, and somehow he manages to hang. They go out a lot too. I have no idea on earth how he doesn't OD on clubs. Maybe he's secretly popping ecstasy beforehand.