• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Iq tests naturally favor Intj over Intp?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see the appeal of that. I much rather stick to my Ti+Ne thank you very much! To each their own. :tongue:

just trying to improve that probability matrix! You must DO IT! FOR SCIENCE! D:

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp

Quoting one of the articles, "Working memory is a way of temporarily storing information used for some mental task.". I was thinking of memory as in remembering to turn off the coffee machine before going to work, which is something I don't associate with intelligent people. They seem to always be trapped in deep thought and immune to such trivial things.
Apparently, quantity and not quality is the one linked to IQ:
http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/11/30/memory-quantity-not-quality-linked-with-iq/21305.html

I was certainly focusing on people who remember what clothes they were wearing at a particular event a year ago and that didn't seem to be in a causal, nor correlational relationship with intelligence, in my view. Well, at least I've got it clear now! The "how would you define x?" part, where x is one of the key words used in a discussion, was waiting on the corner.

EDIT: [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] There are estimates of the IQ of various famous people.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Actually one of the suggestions ive heard is that IQ tests favour intuitive pattern recognition skills.

Not saying I endorse the view, just saying ive heard it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
In conformity with the studies mentioned earlier by [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

Hmm didn't see those. But of course as you can tell, I didnt read through the thread.

Also im talking intuition in general, he seems to be specifiying INTP. Although quite a few studies do claim that intuitives seem to be more prevelant amongst gifted people.

Which in a way im not surprised to hear.