• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Whos yout guru?

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey diden't know where to put this thread

There are many people out there that has that Guru status, always on the frontier of their field and are great at explaining what they are talking about so im gonna list some of mine. Please respond with who your gurus are.

Politics: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxYyXGMfZM"]Noam Chomsky[/YOUTUBE] - He seems to know everything and always have an in debt knowledge. He is very humble, dosen't even consider himself anything special just a lingvistik teacher.

BJJ: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OktcKhtMQ88"]Eddie bravo[/YOUTUBE] - pot smoking instructor that invents new techniques that are revolutinazing the game of BJJ

Philosophy: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvz3BdB2EE&t=2m15s"]Krishnamurti[/YOUTUBE] - Really humble aswell, never assumes anything looks for deep answers in both logos and ethos.

Psychadelics:[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c8an2XZ3MU"] Terrence Mckenna[/YOUTUBE] - Now i dont agree wit alot of his analysis on reality as far as Aliens and Time wave zero goes, but hes really good at talking about psychadelics

Random: [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grcqs9cDuN8"]Joe Rogan[/YOUTUBE] - I don't really agree with a lot of the things he says and woulden't consider him a guru but worth mentioning anyways.

Please share!

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Terence McKenna.. Reeeally?

ok then i wont bitch about it.

I don`t think i have a spesific Guru stamp on anyone. I only got examples of greatness that i use for inspiration. fictional and real.

Im inspired by folks like this guy. And btw you better save that one and watch the entire movie. And i don`t even like mountain climbers. I find them selfish overall. Mostly those Everest guys tho.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I dont feel the need for one. I can inspire myself into action just fine.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well maybe that gurus was the wrong word, I should have written "Who inspires you" instead of that. I'ts like Chomsky said when being called an Oracle, "Im no oracle or leader, im simply a linguistics teacher" Or Krishnamuerti: There are no guru, no leader, no prophet, You yourself are the guru, the leader and the prophet, you are everything. (paraphrased).

I do not believe in any authority or unquestionable figure, but there are some people that seems to have all the answers but mostly its Chomsky.

[MENTION=10686]MatsNorway[/MENTION] Yeah touching the void is awsome, have you read "into thin air" and "800+" about Goran Kropp

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Terence McKenna.. Reeeally?

ok then i wont bitch about it!

Well i agree that he has some weird thesis. But as far as psychadelics go hes pretty much on the spot.

Or what where you thinking?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Chomsky is on the list. However, Bertrand Russell would be my answer.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I respect Richard Feynman a lot. I don't know if I'd call him a guru, but he's the closest thing i'd have to that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose Plato, in a sense. I think he's pretty dead though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Walter Russell

walter-russell.jpg

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well i agree that he has some weird thesis. But as far as psychadelics go hes pretty much on the spot.

Or what where you thinking?

All i know is that Terence Mckenna is damaged from the stuff and that Dr Albert Hofmann was a wise and humble man that lived on to be 102 years old and sane to the end. And that that guy Shulgin... He knows all there is about many research chemicals.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I would have to say that my field of interest is mostly located within philosophy and theology so I would have to go with Antony Flew he seems to be one of the most genuine philosophers that ever was :p because he didnt care what others thought regarding him switching to deism after being one of the most influential atheist philosopher of the 20th century to bad he died (I would have loved to sit down and talk to him) and Anselm and Thomas Aquinas I also love Bertrand Russel but I am sorry that most of the stuff he worked for has mostly been destroyed by the new atheists(Dawkins, Hitchens, and Strenger)

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
All i know is that Terence Mckenna is damaged from the stuff and that Dr Albert Hofmann was a wise and humble man that lived on to be 102 years old and sane to the end. And that that guy Shulgin... He knows all there is about many research chemicals.

Yeah Shulgin And Dr Hoffman are great aswell regarding psychadelics, for some reason i only listed living people :p. Wasent Jung into interperting the tibetian book of the dead along with Leary?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don`t know anything about a tibetetian book or a jung. Leary was a proper nutjob. He accelerated the fall of psycedelica.

cooiintrovert

Krishnamurti and Chomsky are listed as INFJ's by celebritytypes.com. Though limited in scope, the few quotes given under their pictures seem to justify this.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
the top of the pops:

ken wilber
adyashanti
jiddu krishnamurti (no link, the man is a pain to listen to anyway, i'd recommend his books/transcripts of his talks)
carl jung (he invented this typology, and i can read it in his mother tongue)

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Krishnamurti and Chomsky are listed as INFJ's by celebritytypes.com. Though limited in scope, the few quotes given under their pictures seem to justify this.

That page is shite. Bill Gates a ENTJ? reeeeallly?

Musicallogic

MBTI Type
INTP
On Politics/Economics: Milton Friedman. On Science: Richard Dawkins and the always popular Einstein. On Feelings: Bahahahahahaha