• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Definitely, it either wouldn't have been obvious if you were for an example an extraverted sensor or it may never have developed at all in the first place. There is a lot of literature on this out there if you are so inclined to search for it, although you may have to read between the lines to realize what they are actually describing has to do with manifestations described by the MBTI and not solely the autistic spectrum's affecting of a blank slate.

Don't worry. I always read between the lines..

There seems to be suspected correlations between a few disorders it would appear, including but not limited to schizoid. Which also correlates to me.
--
As for the topic, it would appear:

attachment.php

Attachments

• a92107cdf5f9486cd4a94abbdbe3469b.jpg
    a92107cdf5f9486cd4a94abbdbe3469b.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 99

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't worry. I always read between the lines..

There seems to be suspected correlations between a few disorders it would appear, including but not limited to schizoid. Which also correlates to me.
--
As for the topic, it would appear:

attachment.php

hah! when ever I'm in an argument with my ex. She would require warmth, and I will always get blamed for being so cold in the argument.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ's have the potential to lack any sense of humour or relaxation, I find INTP's to be often quite silly and playful whenever I've met them and tested them afterwards, INTJ's take a while to relax and seem less comfortable, more rigid. Though, the thinking of an INTP seems to be more robotic, despite this I think the INTJ is more holistically robotic.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Intps are more robotic

Ti wants everything to make sense.

Not just ti i think fi too in a way.

Being a ti would suck because it would prevent them from being going witht the flow.

They want everything to make sense. You cant just be lucky. It cant just happen that u managed to accomplish something.

It has to make sense. Therefore living in the moment going with the flow all thay jazz isnt a ti thing.

Due to these ti is robotic IN THEIR HEADS.

------

Tjs due to te knows what to worry about and what not to. Hey you or he just did something that worked in your favour. There is no way u wud come across a situation that needs to method to be repeated? Dont fret.

Te outweight what will most likely happen again and is ready to forget the rest.

If they have time they will to figure things out theu will if curious. But first things first.

----

Te first things first
Ti before we start we have to figure out shit.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted INTJ because they're more controlled and less outwardly expressive than INTPs. But they're both all human and they have feels and when they come out they can seem magnified.

rmrf

"Robotic" is quite an abstract, poorly defined, and ambiguous term. Robots (in the literal sense) are deterministic and task orientated. A machine does not deal with the finer tangential abstractions, ponder away at its own thoughts, or constantly question its own programming. It's worth noting the diversity amongst individuals of any type; to what extent are generalisations too broad.

INTJs appear more extroverted, verbal, and 'human' than INTPs, but I think they are more robotic in nature. INTJs tend to prefer order, planning, and structure, they will organise themselves and be quite diligent at following their plans, acting in accordance with a 'script', and generally are much more immersed in external activities. INTPs go with the flow, procrastinate, and usually perform tasks in random spurts of motivation as opposed to diligent planning.

Secondly, INTPs are not as dogmatically confident of their own opinions/cognitions, always questioning, and may even change their opinion on something in the midst of arguing in support of it. INTJs do not usually question their own opinions in an argument. They favour an 'algorithmic' approach to beating their opponent. An opinionated INTJ is robotic in that sense, 'they are right', and they will always seek to affirm this, generally in a predictable manner. The argument is just a means to an end, to 'win', to affirm their opinion. INTPs in argument value the aesthetic value of the argument itself, as they seek to learn new perspectives from it, and may form new connections.

I'm starting to waffle, so will summarise:

INTPs often appear very robotic and computer like, but their internal cognitions are very abstract, imaginative, capacious, examining a whole manner of ideas to filter out the logical from the spurious. INTJs are more concrete, they have their interests and views, and focus around them. INTPs are often, for lack of better word, lazy, in the external world at least, because their internal world can overshadow the external.

Robots are not lazy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about: INTPs think more like robots, INTJs act more like robots.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How about: INTPs think more like robots, INTJs act more like robots.

So really, INTPs are more like Data, and INTJs are more like Spock? It hit me that Nimoy actually did a really good job acting in the original series. I can often get hints of what's actually going on underneath the surface. Kind of a tricky thing to pull off, since it's really like there are two layers.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs but I agree with [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] that INTPs might be more so on the inside.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So really, INTPs are more like Data, and INTJs are more like Spock? It hit me that Nimoy actually did a really good job acting in the original series. I can often get hints of what's actually going on underneath the surface. Kind of a tricky thing to pull off, since it's really like there are two layers.

In terms of personality traits, I consider this to be very apt. Not that INTPs are that much like Data, because they're are naturally human and emotional, but when I observe INTPs striving to be their most intellectual, they behave and reason very much like Data. INTJs on the other hand have this logical and kind of cold exterior that hides/protects/suppresses a tender emotional interior. See Spock's emotionality in those scenes where he's forced to reveal it: it's always very intense.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
At least with me im completely different on the "robotic" scale when im in a situation that requires a lot of thinking and acting rationally, than when im in some more casual setting.

INTJs thinking is more effected by their feelings(which they ofc try to deny till the end of the world), which means that its not exactly robotic. But on the other hand their thinking is more robotic like due to its concretism. Also they have colder exterior(which sometimes wears off when amongst friends), which makes them seem more robotic to the outside world. INTPs have much more laid back attitude in general. INTPs generally are better and more effected by empathy and feelings of others(maybe not always when kids if not properly raised), or the general feels atmosphere of the situation, while INTJs are more self-centered(except maybe if they have a girlfriend and have learned the correct protocols of relationship), especially when it comes to feels of self vs others. Like INTP gets in a situation with a good friend where INTP could lose 1 or have the friend lose 2, INTP would often choose to lose 1 himself rather than have a friend lose 2, because he puts both in more equal ground and its better to lose only 1 than 2. But INTJ would be more like i dont want to lose any, its the other persons problem for getting himself in a situation where he can lose. Or one example with me and my INTJ friend is that when we are walking outside, he just follows a path that he finds best for himself, regardless of if he gets in my way or suddenly walks so that i need to stop or dodge something in order not to hit him or some other obstacle, while im always scanning for the optimal path for everyone in the group or random people i walk past.

I think INTPs tend to seem more robotic to the outsiders when in their thinking mode, but INTJs seem more robotic to the outsiders in general. But neither are completely robotic, but because of different reasons(INTJs more emo inside and effected by their F, INTPs because of empathy and general more laid back attitude).

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least with me im completely different on the "robotic" scale when im in a situation that requires a lot of thinking and acting rationally, than when im in some more casual setting.

INTJs thinking is more effected by their feelings(which they ofc try to deny till the end of the world), which means that its not exactly robotic. But on the other hand their thinking is more robotic like due to its concretism. Also they have colder exterior(which sometimes wears off when amongst friends), which makes them seem more robotic to the outside world. INTPs have much more laid back attitude in general. INTPs generally are better and more effected by empathy and feelings of others(maybe not always when kids if not properly raised), or the general feels atmosphere of the situation, while INTJs are more self-centered(except maybe if they have a girlfriend and have learned the correct protocols of relationship), especially when it comes to feels of self vs others. Like INTP gets in a situation with a good friend where INTP could lose 1 or have the friend lose 2, INTP would often choose to lose 1 himself rather than have a friend lose 2, because he puts both in more equal ground and its better to lose only 1 than 2. But INTJ would be more like i dont want to lose any, its the other persons problem for getting himself in a situation where he can lose. Or one example with me and my INTJ friend is that when we are walking outside, he just follows a path that he finds best for himself, regardless of if he gets in my way or suddenly walks so that i need to stop or dodge something in order not to hit him or some other obstacle, while im always scanning for the optimal path for everyone in the group or random people i walk past.

I think INTPs tend to seem more robotic to the outsiders when in their thinking mode, but INTJs seem more robotic to the outsiders in general. But neither are completely robotic, but because of different reasons(INTJs more emo inside and effected by their F, INTPs because of empathy and general more laid back attitude).
It seems to me that your view of INTJs is colored by personal experience. Not all of them are self-centered.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems to me that your view of INTJs is colored by personal experience. Not all of them are self-centered.

Everyone knows that INTJs are the only selfish people in existence. All the other types are lovable fluffy bunnies at all times.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
INTP. INTJs have passion, heart, gusto, many of them... INTPs are more labrats, eggheads...but I'm biased. Haven't gotten along with any INTPs I've known as physically present company where as many an INTJ have served as inspiration to me in one way or another.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP. INTJs have passion, heart, gusto, many of them... INTPs are more labrats, eggheads...but I'm biased. Haven't gotten along with any INTPs I've known as physically present company where as many an INTJ have served as inspiration to me in one way or another.

I don't know. I'm passionate about some things, but in some cases, I find that it's better to not express it in certain settings. Sometimes self-control is important.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I don't know. I'm passionate about some things, but in some cases, I find that it's better to not express it in certain settings. Sometimes self-control is important.

Often! & it's the INTJs with too much tert. Fi focus in lockstep with the already more (generally) morose ways of the NJ in relation to the NP that can summon a peculiar intensity I have yet to witness tie that of any other type, making their passion, bla bla bla etc etc. more observable than that of the INTP. My vision of an INTP display of passion is one awkward and ineffective conceptual spectacle lol no offense .

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Often! & it's the INTJs with too much tert. Fi focus in lockstep with the already more (generally) morose ways of the NJ in relation to the NP that can summon a peculiar intensity I have yet to witness tie that of any other type, making their passion, bla bla bla etc etc. more observable than that of the INTP. My vision of an INTP display of passion is one awkward and ineffective conceptual spectacle lol no offense .

I think it needs a proper outlet, a worthy channel for it.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

You're back! :happy2:

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
You're back! :happy2:

Sometimes I get real sick of the internet. Real, real nauseatingly sick... but I always return. Because my words must be read and filtered through patient lenses. It's my only legacy...for now.