• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just pointing out the symmetric observation. Neither argument is particularly compelling, except insofar as tert (and inf) are somewhat useful for pointing out blind spots, but the relationship to "open-mindedness" per se is a bit of a stretch. The tert doesn't make one feel or think that one is open-minded or that it is good to be so, but rather points out those areas where, no matter how open minded one really is, one doesn't see the blind spots. Other people upon encountering those blind spots might make an observation of close-mindedness or stubbornness.

W/r to "open mindedness" in general, I have found that regardless of type, those who believe that they themselves are open-minded and chide others for being close-minded tend to bring up the topic on precisely those matters about which they themselves are quite stubbornly resistant to changing their own opinions, and are quite unaware of the unintended irony of their assertions. It's definitely a human foible, kind of like the Dunning-Kruger effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect), where those who are competent tend to underestimate their competence, while those who are incompetent tend to overestimate their competence. Similarly, those who are close-minded tend to overestimate their open-mindedness, while those who are truly open-minded tend to worry whether they're being open-minded enough.

This makes a lot of sense.

And after reading more of this thread I have to agree that INTP is more robotic on the inside (if that is the question the OP is asking).

And I have actually been accused by my INFP cousin many times of being a robot...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree! :bunnyglee:

what am i agreeing to?
This and this.
Tsk tsk tsk. Now I'm gonna summon a horde of INFPs to gang up against you and Rayne. :devil:

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This and this.
Tsk tsk tsk. Now I'm gonna summon a horde of INFPs to gang up against you and Rayne. :devil:

:ohmy:
in that case... i change my mind. <3 emotions

And back to the topic... wait this thread is still going on? I'm sure there's nothing to fight about. INTPs and INTJs can be equally robotic. group hug? :hug::hug::hug: ooo squishy robots.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:ohmy:
in that case... i change my mind. <3 emotions

And back to the topic... wait this thread is still going on? I'm sure there's nothing to fight about. INTPs and INTJs can be equally robotic. group hug? :hug::hug::hug: ooo squishy robots.

Oh really? *flexes* Hard as steel!

Ok, not really, but would make a good pun for the thread. :tongue:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJs look more robotic just because of that walk and how they look at you and stuff like that. INTPs think more like robots though :)

Robots dont think ;) They do as they are programmed. They act like the results of thought.

I would think an INTP built robot would be more like a human because of the complexity of logic given to it. Even acting like other personality types as the programming becomes more and more complex. Thought is what gives logic life.

An INTJ robot would mimic the choices of the INTJ

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This question is easy. INTP is the most uber-logical of all types, thereby rendering it the most robotic one. INTJ on the other hand is a tenacious visionary, rather than a repititious robot.

Porsche

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs look robotic on the outside because of the limited facial expression they give almost having a flat affect at some point, and they also give this "cold and distant" vibe. The INTPs on the other hand gives a more sociable, funny, silly, look outside and you will almost always mistake them as a genuinely friendly people.

BUT, if you look at their inner wirings, INTJs are more warm having a tertiary Fi that they could access in no time at some point in their lives. And INTPs are the real "robots" because it is governed by their Ti, the F, Fe specifically is very underdeveloped for them to access.

So, my vote is for INTP.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being an INxP myself (leaning towards T mostly), all I can say is that I am very far from robotic. I'm the person who never does something that actually makes sense - I spent my time in school writing stories during the lectures and skipping my homework - and I'm the most disorganized person you will ever meet. I'm not at all calculating enough to be considered robotic, on a bad day I bet I could lose to a ten-year-old in chess, and I have absolutely no understanding of external systems. I may be many things (I AM many things, in fact), but I don't think robotic is one of them.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My conclusion, judging by their respective forums, INTJs are more "robotic" (or boring), INTPs are more pretentious.

With that said, however, I'd rather be around a robotic person than a pretentious person, because I can think about something else that doesn't involve punching someone in the face if I'm around a robotic person.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can speak for the example of myself and my INTP partner. I'm definitely the more "robotic" of us. He told me that if his life were a video game, I'd be an NPC. :dry:

I'm more strict about obeying formal rules and principles. He's more interested in expressing humanness through finding exceptions to such rules. I have to have a plan of action. He has to be able to act on the fly. So I'd say I run more like a program.

dpolaristar

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it depends on one's definition of what is "robotic." If I knew that. I could choose.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know it wasn't a choice, but ISTJ's seem the most robotic. Most of the ISTJ's that I know are very nice and talented at many things, but a bit boring. I can never really have a real conversation with them. They definitely know how to do, but I never seem signs of them really having feelings or imaginations. Being able to do is definitely a strength though, I admire them for being so; I struggle with daily tasks because they're so mundane and hard for me.

Out of the two you listed, I guess I would say INTP because to me it seems like INTJ's have too big of an ego to be robotic.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But an INTP is also too much all over the place to be really robotic. I'm the only INxP I know, so I'm going to look for famous and fictional INTPs instead:

Albert Einstein
Socrates
René Descartes (French Baroque philosopher)
Benjamin Franklin

Sherlock Holmes
L Lawliet (from the manga/anime Death Note)
John Nash (from the film A Beautiful Mind, not necessarily his real-life self)
Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Albert Einstein called his secretary, asking for his own address because he got lost on the way home. Socrates would choose random victims in the agora and ask them even more random questions about life and morals. René Descartes would sometimes sleep inside a stove. Benjamin Franklin risked his life to test his theory on how to guide electricity. Sherlock Holmes kept his cigars in a coal scuttle and his tobacco in the toe end of a Persian slipper. L Lawliet was always bare-footed and seemed entirely oblivious to how his acquaintances perceived him. John Nash would suddenly say ("There might be a mathematical explanation for how bad your tie is") or do (pushing his writing desk out of the window) things that were completely incomprehensible to everyone around him. Lisbeth Salander tattooed the message "I am a sadistic pig, a pervert and a rapist" on the chest of a man who had previously raped her. Shikamaru Nara forfeited a match against an opponent he had practically already beaten, just because he didn't think actually winning wasn't worth the trouble.

In my opinion, all of these actions display a complete lack of robotic tendencies; these guys are just too random.

HOWEVER, I agree with you that the real robots are the ISTJs, because they don't always even think before doing exactly what they're "programmed" to do.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But an INTP is also too much all over the place to be really robotic. I'm the only INxP I know, so I'm going to look for famous and fictional INTPs instead:

Albert Einstein
Socrates
René Descartes (French Baroque philosopher)
Benjamin Franklin

Sherlock Holmes
L Lawliet (from the manga/anime Death Note)
John Nash (from the film A Beautiful Mind, not necessarily his real-life self)
Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Albert Einstein called his secretary, asking for his own address because he got lost on the way home. Socrates would choose random victims in the agora and ask them even more random questions about life and morals. René Descartes would sometimes sleep inside a stove. Benjamin Franklin risked his life to test his theory on how to guide electricity. Sherlock Holmes kept his cigars in a coal scuttle and his tobacco in the toe end of a Persian slipper. L Lawliet was always bare-footed and seemed entirely oblivious to how his acquaintances perceived him. John Nash would suddenly say ("There might be a mathematical explanation for how bad your tie is") or do (pushing his writing desk out of the window) things that were completely incomprehensible to everyone around him. Lisbeth Salander tattooed the message "I am a sadistic pig, a pervert and a rapist" on the chest of a man who had previously raped her. Shikamaru Nara forfeited a match against an opponent he had practically already beaten, just because he didn't think actually winning wasn't worth the trouble.

In my opinion, all of these actions display a complete lack of robotic tendencies; these guys are just too random.

HOWEVER, I agree with you that the real robots are the ISTJs, because they don't always even think before doing exactly what they're "programmed" to do.

Einstein, Nash and Shikamaru Nara in one analogy.

Maybe a thread about: "who has the better grip on reality - an INTX or a stone ?" would be in order one day :D