• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Someone mentioned AI. Perhaps that was was meant by robot. Totally different answer on which of the two types is the most like AI. It is also possible that we are trying to compare people to (fake) sci-fi robots. Which seem to be a lot more human than real robots.

When you come down to it a human programs/builds AI and robots. So hopefully neither type is actually like a robot. That's probably why people go back to unemotional instead of robotic when answering this question.

This is a real robot. Is it more INTJ or INTP??

Robot:
1:
a : a machine that looks like a human being and performs various complex acts (as walking or talking) of a human being; also : a similar but fictional machine whose lack of capacity for human emotions is often emphasized

b : an efficient insensitive person who functions automatically

2: a device that automatically performs complicated often repetitive tasks
3: a mechanism guided by automatic controls

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone mentioned AI. Perhaps that was was meant by robot. Totally different answer on which of the two types is the most like AI. It is also possible that we are trying to compare people to (fake) sci-fi robots. Which seem to be a lot more human than real robots.

When you come down to it a human programs/builds AI and robots. So hopefully neither type is actually like a robot. That's probably why people go back to unemotional instead of robotic when answering this question.

This is a good point. Neither one is like a robot. They are like intuitive, primarily thinking humans.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I've always found SolitaryWalker's descriptions of INTJs to be pretty damn good.

INTJ

I consider for the INTJ to be the most sensitive of the rationals. They indeed are the type who has the most in common with the NFs. Why is this so? Because they have Fi in their third position, and the the primacy of the Ni makes getting connected to the Fi a lot easier for the INTJ, than otherwise for the ENTP reaching to the Fe with the Ne. The INTJs use thinking primarily to deal with the outer world. Extroverted Thinking can make them seem particularly dogmatic and unyielding. However, this is not true of their true self. They are led by the vision of Introverted Intuition. This makes them one of the, if not the most Open-Minded types that you will ever find. For all their systematical and an extremely predictable way of relating to the world, their inner world is mystical and often whimsical. They are fascinated with mysticism, and INTJ scientists frequently welcome a blend of empricism and mysticism. Out of all the rationals, the INTJs are also the most likely to be successful literary artists as well as eminent thinkers. Ayn Rand, Nietzsche, and Jean Paul Sartre are good examples of this. Even though they may seem very assertive with their Te way of handling the outer world, they are usually endowed with a high degree of sensitivity, as the Ni-Fi partnership accounts for. However, unlike many F types, this sensitivity does not come natural to the INTJs. Generally they do not receive it untill they mellow with age. Younger INTJs, as Leanor Thompson noted in Personality type, frequently use their Te to detach themselves from emotions and use their Fi sentiments to support that kind of a mentality, and thus when they are being credited with staying away from the emotional fray of life, they should correct the complimentor on the note that they have never been in it. INTJs can write very assertively in virtue of their Te, and be profoundly indiosyncratic and ingenious with their Ni, but they could also present their ideas with compelling charm and vigor in virtue of their Fi.

I think, if anything, the results of the poll basically show how little most people really understand INTJs (and INTPs).

The results basically point to people voting based on external appearance, not internal functioning.

It speaks to the general weakness on the forum of people understanding cognitive dynamics.

(There's also the issue of non-disambiguation, which is legitimate, but still...)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As soon as you quote SW, you lose the MBTI debate!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If one cannot properly shoot down a message, it is tempting to shoot at the messenger instead.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP

Analytical, adventurous, dont like doing tasks that dont make sense,handy with tools, not fascinated with abstractions, low capacity for caring, aloof, internally focused, highly value autonomy, resist structure, excell at sports, tend to be physically tough, greatly appreciate intense physical stimuli, the most erudite of the sensors.

ISTJ

Calm, steady, reliable, predictable, very detailed person, organized, trustworthy, finisher, workaholic tendencies, not much of a visionary, planner, concerned with the welfare of others, values calm and harmony, traditional, tends to be pessimistic, reasonable person, does not like doing things that do not make sense, most scholarly of the Traditionalists, methodical, logical and orderly, can be very knowledgeable about what is practical and what should be done and when though much less proficient with abstract ideas, easily confused and discouraged by philosophical discussions, though when things come to concrete ideas or how they should be implemented the ISTJ is without peer, very strict respect for the facts, stores facts and knowledge in the back of his mind which keeps him prepared for whatever exigencies there may be in life, well-rounded, conventional, secretely sensitive and can be bruised by criticisms, willing to listen to Intuitors though frequently has a difficult time understanding their point of view, loyal and dedicated to friends and organizations though primary duties go to the family, can be counted on to get the job done, strong affinity with nature and the physical world.

ISTP = Robot because lololol handy with tools and are "machines"
ISTJ = Robot because lololol extremely predictable "programming"

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh:

Why?

I don't pretend to justify all of his past behavior (I wasn't even here for most of it), but a lot of his descriptions are pretty damn good.

'twas a joke. Like an MBTI version of Godwin.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Is INTP Einstein or INTJ Hawking more robotic?

G

Ginkgo

I don't think either is more or less robotic than the other. Robots are anthropomorphic, lesser creations of man, so it's a strange question to ask which man is more robotic. A moot point. However, I will play along with a song.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R_I2G_mWsc"]Discipline[/YOUTUBE]

All introverts will find a natural sensitivity in conforming to the outer-world for periods of time that stretch the capacity of their attitude to direct libido outward. All human beings are logical, though some have a greater preference for using logic to understand common syntax. We commonly refer to those who have not considered our understanding of a priori knowledge illogical. However, this disregards the logic in recognizing that we express our understanding in various ways. Truthfully, no understanding of anything depends on syntax, aside from the understanding of syntax itself. Recently someone created a thread about the "schizophrenic" nature of America's political climate. I believe it is only perceived as schizophrenic because, in light of the overall dynamic of America's politics, political worldviews tend to seem quite fragmented and illogical. However, not all worldviews include the overarching nature of our climate; all of them include a structure of beliefs resting on a degree of personal motive. Motive is, of course, quite sensitive in all cases.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think INTPs would want to be robots, though. I mean, I'm an INFP and I'd like to be a robot, even, emotions are transient and practically meaningless.
This looks like a feeble attempt at sarcasm, or perhaps an almost as feeble attempt to trick Z into saying that emotions have meaning.

INTJ. It does something useful.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This looks like a feeble attempt at sarcasm, or perhaps an almost as feeble attempt to trick Z into saying that emotions have meaning.

I promise I'm being entirely earnest!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ. It does something useful.

lol i agree INTPs are too lazy to be efficient robots. Stupid useless INTP! ... and that speaks volumes about myself considering I have walked onto the INTP side of the S/N border before...

intp%20science.jpg

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You know, I thought she was being genuine before, but, after that response, I think I'm with you now, Cor.

What, is it the use of the outdated term "earnest"? What part of that makes you think that I'm not serious?

SoraMayhem

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In fact, is it really that hard to believe that an INFP might consider life easier without all of those pesky emotions?