• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(Just in a work setting) Some INTJs seem to be evaluating others' intelligence in conversation..as if to be ready and write off others if they don't measure up. INTPs seem to wait and if someone doesn't offer a complete thought or message on something, they tend to J it and complete the message through some scrutiny. Both seem robotic to me because feels like some human elements are overlooked. Like being considerate lol.

Sometimes a good thing in conversation is to discover or learn more together. I don't always do a 'mind-dump' and tell them everything I know on a subject. On purpose. Don't want to be a know-it-all..and also it's better to have a productive conversation where everyone can grow.

Having said that, I know an INTP who seems stone cold on the outside but crack a joke he likes and he breaks a smile showing he's also down-to-earth. Another seems intent on remaining intellectually focused, but say something entertaining and she grows a smile. And if you follow through and show them your rationale they respect you. Kinda like standing firm to an ENTJ but without the extra courage, just with conversation. ;)

I've seen both seem to take their intellect to dangerous levels in social circles and I think they pay the price for that with others. I guess that's kinda robotic.

In my experience, I'll go with INTJ. And add that this is the way some seem to me, not saying they are robotic because I don't know, I'm not one.

Question..Why do they sound so F it seems but there also seems a cold exterior? I don't get that. :huh: (Edit: INTJs)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Depends which way we are looking at this,... and what we expect will happen on a global scale regarding robots in the future.

I think this wouldnt be very inventive. If you'ld build a robot woman who does her job in bed and cleans the household, it wouldnt be THAT great invention :D

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTPs on the other hand, look all jolly and cuddly on the outside, but when you get to know them you discover there is this impenetrable marble core.

Oh man, this kind of makes me feel sad...

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the most robotic are the ENFPs.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this wouldnt be very inventive. If you'ld build a robot woman who does her job in bed and cleans the household, it wouldnt be THAT great invention :D

lol ok [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]!

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
[MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION]

Question..Why do they sound so F it seems but there also seems a cold exterior? I don't get that. (Edit: INTJs)

--do you mean "why can you see subjective value judgments when, for the most part, you are met with an 'unfeeling wall'?"?

it's because they their Te and Fi fall into auxiliary positions (i see both as interchangeable, and therefore "auxiliary" as opposed to aux., then Tertiary). they are first and foremost Ni/Se, although the Se part will largely be unconscious, and the use of it may remain totally invisible to the INTJ, but, if one is being used in the dominant or inferior position, the other is has to be used as well, it's just that the form of Se in the inferior may change dramatically due to the influence of Ni as a dominant (in other words, the Se-aspect can become much less tied to the "here and now" and more tied to "i know this, or something like it to exist").

now, since they are introverted, i think their aux. that matches their overall attitude (introversion) will most likely fall into line and behavior with their dominant, meaning that it will remain as something that is kept from view and is hidden. it it's stead, it's opposite (Te) comes into play until the point at which the user, in their subjective use of such as function, deems it necessary to "change course". but, i think for most introverts, they may come to rely on their extroverted aux. as a form of protection (or is that projection on my part?); i think this falls into line with how Jung said that extroverts usually have one self, while introverts are forced to develop a second, much more shallow version .

my 2 cents. thoughts?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION]

--do you mean "why can you see subjective value judgments when, for the most part, you are met with an 'unfeeling wall'?"?

it's because they their Te and Fi fall into auxiliary positions (i see both as interchangeable, and therefore "auxiliary" as opposed to aux., then Tertiary). they are first and foremost Ni/Se, although the Se part will largely be unconscious, and the use of it may remain totally invisible to the INTJ, but, if one is being used in the dominant or inferior position, the other is has to be used as well, it's just that the form of Se in the inferior may change dramatically due to the influence of Ni as a dominant (in other words, the Se-aspect can become much less tied to the "here and now" and more tied to "i know this, or something like it to exist").

now, since they are introverted, i think their aux. that matches their overall attitude (introversion) will most likely fall into line and behavior with their dominant, meaning that it will remain as something that is kept from view and is hidden. it it's stead, it's opposite (Te) comes into play until the point at which the user, in their subjective use of such as function, deems it necessary to "change course". but, i think for most introverts, they may come to rely on their extroverted aux. as a form of protection (or is that projection on my part?); i think this falls into line with how Jung said that extroverts usually have one self, while introverts are forced to develop a second, much more shallow version .

my 2 cents. thoughts?

Thanks and wow you go in-depth here. I'm gonna mull this over. And I'll get back to you.

KDude

my 2 cents. thoughts?

I wish the Lenore Thomson wiki was still up. It had a perfect phrase for ITJ's Fi. "Going down with the ship" moral behavior. Feeling values turned in on the self is a bit cold and stubborn. Not the same as Fi doms or EFPs, who try to connect their values more often with other human beings.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
onion_news2070_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

I'm a supercomputer, you're like a TI-82 ooooooo!

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
I wish the Lenore Thomson wiki was still up. It had a perfect phrase for ITJ's Fi. "Going down with the ship" moral behavior. Feeling values turned in on the self is a bit cold and stubborn. Not the same as Fi doms or EFPs, who try to connect their values more often with other human beings.

well, F-dom's can be exceedingly cold as well, and could very well detach from the "outer world", especially Fi-dom (the "detaching" part that is); depends on the person. but i know what you mean--it wouldn't rule the INTJ nearly as much as the Ni/Se would... i wanted to add in "and Te as well", but that would really come down to the INTJ's personal growth because you can get Ni-user's with an undifferentiated "T" as opposed to Te (or even Ti for that matter, in the sense that they'd still be Ni+a form of T before F, but no longer strictly MBTI's INTJ), or you could get a more well-rounded INTJ who's begun to develop their F-side... although it would still be most likely turned in and therefore expressed and shown to those in their inner circle (so basically, it wouldn't be apparent looking from the outside in at two INTJ's, one is accessing a "tertiary" the other who's still in the process of developing a "firsts aux", but there would still be a profound difference in the overall health and maturity)

edit: i should add that when using any function you are still using it's opposite, maybe just more poorly if neither is differentiated--i think the theory is that what ever judgement is being made is being made from a standpoint of both outer/objective and inner/subjective criteria, it's just that the more "un-differentiated" the function, the less apparent this is to the user, and sometimes the more apparent it may be to the audience... such as a Te-dom. doing the "most sensible, logical" thing, while also having it coincidentally work to accomplish something that isn't neccesary but the user is still partial to (like a form of subjective treatment towards oneself or a loved one).

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is easy; INTP's have inferior F function, INTJ's have tertiary F function: tertiary > inferior, ego INTP.

Although I could also argue that niether type is more 'robotic' as emotions (or lack thereof) have nothing to do with the judging functions. INTJ's and INTP's can be as warm hearted or compassionate as any other person, in the same respect that INFP's, INFJ's, etc. can be royal assholes or sociopaths.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Woah, I thought the gap had been narrowing.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, it had been, but then a bunch of nobody INTPs came in and voted.

I would think INTPs would want to be robots, though. I mean, I'm an INFP and I'd like to be a robot, even, emotions are transient and practically meaningless.

beep boop