• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the other hand, INTJs have a very open feedback loop, and rely more heavily on information received from the environment to draw conclusions.

I don't understand this part. Ni vs. Ne?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed.

Very true! So I would say based on the first paragraph that INTP is deductive and INTJ is inductive.

Deduction probably has more connection to introversion and induction to extroversion.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Deduction probably has more connection to introversion and induction to extroversion.

Yeah as I thought about it later, Ti/Fi is deductive and Te/Fe is inductive. F based on personal subjective factors and T based on impersonal objective factors.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand this part. Ni vs. Ne?

I think it is Ti versus Te. Ti has an internal framework from which they draw conclusions. Information comes in through Ne, and Ti processes it and outputs a conclusion. In INTJ (I may not entirely understand the individual functions, but it looks to me like) Ni and Te work together to take in information and produce an internal system, aided by Fi. Ni for perceiving the environment, and Te for deciding objective truth and gathering facts. So in INTJ both Ni and Te take in information (just different kinds), and so they are more reliant on outside information than INTP.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

While I think you are pointing to something, I would most certainly call Ni an inductive function and Ti a deductive function.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would say it depends on the enneatype, not the type. For instance, I find the 5w6 types to be extremely robotic followed by many of the 6w5's. For instance, there are quite a few INTJ 8's out there and 1's and they don't seem robotic at all. In addition, many INTP 6w7 types don't seem robotic either.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I just looked at the first two names. :p
Holy sockpuppets, batman! :rofl1:
I think INTJs have the more outward appearance of being robotic, they maybe more aloof, efficient, and standoffish while INTPs present a more open and go with the flow demeanor. That said Ti is more about logical deductions and fine tuning meanings/definitions while Ni can sometimes "skip" that whole process and unconsciously arrive at a conclusion, it seems to be limited only by the user's imagination(which has it's pros and cons).
Makes some sense.

I have another opinion. INTP's are like computers and INTJ's are like robots. Because robots are designed to perform actions efficiently and gather data, and computers are designed to think.
Makes even more.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread is dying and will soon be devoid of all life, and will itself become a souless robot!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You can have mine, but you're keeping your own as well. ;)

yea that would be a good thread idea: who is more responsible, intp or intj. but who is more robotic ? aint we past puberty already ? :/

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yea that would be a good thread idea: who is more responsible, intp or intj.
captain-obvious-captain-obvious-dum.jpg

G

Ginkgo

INTJs are more like robots, programmed by Ni's singular answers and embodied in inferior Se, INTPs are more like passive disembodied data analysis software.

which one is more dehumanizing? you decide!

Yeah that sounds about right. But let's be real - they secretly want friends... to experiment on...

F

figsfiggyfigs

I'd say it depends on how others perceive them, unless they're purposely behaving robotically.
I have an INTJ friend who sounds very robotic to my other friends, but not in the least to me.
And most of the INTPs I've talked to sound more sedated than robotic.

KDude

I think it depends on whether you see types as strictly Jungian or in Myers terms.

Rationals/J type of Introverts approach the world with a set outlook, and have to loosen up to be any more dynamic in the way they percieve and address issues. Even the F types. I think that lends to a stubbornness or uptightness that could appear robotic, especially in an NT. If someone keeps promoting their senses though (which is a lot more momentary and changable), instead of judgement, they're probably going to come off more gregarious, not as reliable in their views... And "human".

I don't know who functions more on a "practical" level though. I think INTJs probably take themselves too seriously not to.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey look, it's the "I resent my INTJ friend so I constantly harp on about the same pessimistic schtick about INTJs" club.

:---------------DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read thread title as who is more "romantic".
*dissapointed*

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read thread title as who is more "romantic".
*dissapointed*

then it probably would have turned into the 15th intj+enfp mush-fest thread and i would have puked all over my laptop. :sick:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
then it probably would have turned into the 15th intj+enfp mush-fest thread and i would have puked all over my laptop. :sick:

Ya life sometimes has an intresting dynamic. The ones every girl wants to fuck aint intrested in fucking, and the girls everybody fucks want someone who aint intrested in fucking. :D

Oh gosh, if I'ld take that all more serious, I'ld prolly be fucking too as well :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yah instead it's turned into the gazillionth "who is better intp's or intj's" get your big guns out thread.
pew pew.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yah instead it's turned into the gazillionth "who is better intp's or intj's" get your big guns out thread.
pew pew.

Wait, I like robots and INTJs. I'm not sure if robots are a good or bad thing, I think they're neat. :shrug:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, I like robots and INTJs. I'm not sure if robots are a good or bad thing, I think they're neat. :shrug:

Depends which way we are looking at this,... and what we expect will happen on a global scale regarding robots in the future.