• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Sometimes I get real sick of the internet. Real, real nauseatingly sick... but I always return. Because my words must be read and filtered through patient lenses. It's my only legacy...for now.

I get that way with texting/messaging. It starts feeling like suffocation. I drop off for a couple days and then come back.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I get that way with texting/messaging. It starts feeling like suffocation. I drop off for a couple days and then come back.

1st world very off topic problems ftw. People still say that right? That's still a thing, no? Ftw?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems to me that your view of INTJs is colored by personal experience. Not all of them are self-centered.

I meant the Fi type of way. And i think that they are quite much so, unless programmed differently(another sign of roboticism), as i kinda hinted at on the post. It might be a bit different in females on average tho, i mean society and girl groups program them differently from males, kinda force to more Fi usage. I dont think its because of trying to be evil or something, its just that undifferentiated Fi gets too overwhelmed when accessed to think about other people and Fi is something that INTJs in generally try to avoid. Ofc not all of them, but a good amount does(not based on just one person).

Oh yea and if you think about this, INTJ = Te and Se, and Ni and Fi. Their extraverted attitudes are very concrete and fact based, not very people/feels oriented, and introverted attitudes are very NF, NF with often crippled F whispering to overconfident Ni. INTPs are complete opposites on this, extraverted attitude is NF and introverted attitudes ST.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I meant the Fi type of way. And i think that they are quite much so, unless programmed differently(another sign of roboticism), as i kinda hinted at on the post. It might be a bit different in females on average tho, i mean society and girl groups program them differently from males, kinda force to more Fi usage. I dont think its because of trying to be evil or something, its just that undifferentiated Fi gets too overwhelmed when accessed to think about other people and Fi is something that INTJs in generally try to avoid. Ofc not all of them, but a good amount does(not based on just one person).
I wouldn't hold out much hope for this. If anything, Fi leads one to resist external programming in favor of one's inherent internal values. (Sort of a write-protect feature, to extend the programming analogy.) At most women might learn some scripts to get by and escape notice when they want. It's not internalized.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't hold out much hope for this. If anything, Fi leads one to resist external programming in favor of one's inherent internal values. (Sort of a write-protect feature, to extend the programming analogy.) At most women might learn some scripts to get by and escape notice when they want. It's not internalized.
^ I agree with this, as a female TJ. Most of my Feeling-function mimicry comes from Te strategizing. It needs to be done in particular situations in order for me to get the results I want, and therefore I do it.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I heard once that INTPs are the warmest robots, and INTJs are the coldest humans.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps this can provide a clue.

Carl Jung wrote the 4 function orders back then as:
INTJNiTeSeFe
INTPTiNeFeSe
A reasonable case can be made that Jung would see the fourth function as opposite the dominant in distinctive ways, meaning that judgement is opposite perceiving and what is conscious is opposite an unconscious attitude. Further, Jung seems to suggest that the unconscious functions do not serve the "superior" or dominant function but have more important matters to attend to in the unconscious arena of the psyche. He noted that the "...inferior functions are found in service of"...the opposite attitude of the superior function (Jung, 1973, p.426). In addition, users of type often forget that inferior or unconscious functions are inferior to consciousness not in inferior in strength in the psyche (Jung, 1971 p.450).

Jung sees that it is important for differentiation to occur among the functions or else we would not have types. He wrote that it is the habitual use of a function that sets a "definitive stamp on the character of the individual" (Jung, 1971, p.482). What is critical to understand is that the mental function used in a habitual attitude in consciousness is the source of the type; thus, the other functions work in the un-(or semi) conscious world of psychological energy.

And to this final theoretical point Jung suggests that a differentiating function is more likely to do so in the energy field (E or I) in which it resides (Jung, 1971, 405). Thus, if an individual is an extraverted type, then the other functions would be working in the introverted energy field, or vice versa. This would again suggest Myers formulation is closer to Jung's reflections on the importance of the balancing extraverted and introverted energies in the psyche.

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
INTJs are the coldest humans
INTPs are the warmest machines