• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much this.

The thread won't get very far unless you properly define what you mean by robotic.

Lack of Fe/social skills? Thats INTJ
Lack of baby Fi soft core? That's INTP
Highly efficient and functional, unstoppable steamrollers? That's (I)NTJ
Detached, scienticist analysis machines? That's INTP
You just won the robotic prize, gratz.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Better at understanding unspoken words...

Yes.

...and making wild guesses...

No, not wild.

Educated and intelligent, yes.

...and hoping it would be what the OP meant it to be?

I doubt he was that stressed out about it.

The meaning finally came through Fluff's definition of it.

Yes, because he had an intelligent understanding of the phenomenon I was pointing to.

I have my doubts whether you had that in mind when you made the OP though you claimed to have done so -

:rofl1:

Okay.

You have edited the OP I see.

Yes, I was rather baffled how, in light of his post, he still voted for INTJ.

I also added a picture.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i maintain assertion that Ti is closer to "true" T than Te, and since INTP is T>N and INTJ is N>T anyway, INTP is clearly more T, but as for robotic, you really have to hand it to INTJs. sorry guys, you're just predictabuhls

indulge your inner INTJ

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ's would -> appear <- more robotic

However, I think with INTJ's being Ni dom and INTP's being Ti dom, INTP's are probably more robotic on the inside. It just doesn't translate like that into appearances.

So I think INTJ appears more robotic, INTP's are more robotic.

This explanation makes quite a lot of sense to me. Seconded (or thirded or whatever).

Though it goes without saying there are people I've met of both types I wouldn't describe as "robotic."

R

Riva

No, not wild.

Educated and intelligent, yes.

Assuming that my assumption was correct (and indeed the evidence point in that direction) that you had no fixed opinion on what robotic was (whether it was by appearance or by behaviour) Fluff's definition of Robotic was only his assumption of what Robotic meant. Therefore it was not an educated guess but a self definition of what robotic meant.

I doubt he was that stressed out about it.

Of course how could he have been stressed out? He was probably going through his own definition and wasn't trying to guess what was in your head (which probably wasn't in your head in the beginning/when you made the OP).

Yes, because he had an intelligent understanding of the phenomenon I was pointing to

Technically you were not pointing it out.

Yes use the emoticon. That would definitely support your claims. Very clever.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intps can be robotic, I guess, but compared to intjs they're more laid back and sillier. intjs can be kinda humorless and act like they have a stick up their ass. but less irritating, for what it's worth.

INTJ's would -> appear <- more robotic

However, I think with INTJ's being Ni dom and INTP's being Ti dom, INTP's are probably more robotic on the inside. It just doesn't translate like that into appearances.

So I think INTJ appears more robotic, INTP's are more robotic.

Agreed.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Assuming that my assumption was correct

It was not.

(and indeed the evidence point in that direction)

Actually, it did not.

...that you had no fixed opinion on what robotic was...

I did.

I actually wrote it in this thread.

...Fluff's definition of Robotic was only his assumption of what Robotic meant.

I don't care about your Ti.

Look how many people have agreed that Fluff approached the issue correctly (including myself).

There's a good reason for that.

Therefore it was not an educated guess but a self definition of what robotic meant.

The two are not mutually exclusive, nor does it being the definition he went with take away from the possibility that it has applicability beyond simply his mind.

Get over your Ti.

Of course how could he have been stressed out? He was probably going through his own definition and wasn't trying to guess what was in your head (which probably wasn't in your head in the beginning/when you made the OP).

Yes, actually it was.

I made the thread because of another post in another thread.

You. Fail. Hard.

Technically you were not pointing it out.

I said pointing to.

Yes use the emoticon. That would definitely support your claims.

No, I just find your opinion to be idiotic and laughable.

In one post you complain that I presume you to be psychic.

Then, right after, you presume yourself to be psychic.

:coffee:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted INTP because I clicked to vote (thinking it was about appearances) before I properly read the thread. Which is why I corrected it in the thread with my actual answer. :p

I am Mr. needtoediteverythingatleasttwice. But votes can't be changed. :<

If only I wasn't so lazy, oh what I could accomplish. :tongue:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mr. Inferior Fe is engaging in projection (or trolling)
SRS_BUSINESS_GAIS_by_Booter_Freak.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

Are you just trolling in that particularly ENFP way, or do you have reasoning you can provide to substantiate your claims?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

Are you just trolling in that particularly ENFP way, or do you have reasoning you can provide to substantiate your claim?

:cry: Go be scary elsewhere :ninja: *sulks*

If I wanted to be interrogated by the KGB, I'd've pestered [MENTION=5398]Edgar[/MENTION], instead of answered your poll :unsure:

R

Riva

No, I just find your opinion to be idiotic and laughable.
Yet again the word idiotic to describe people who disagree with you. In this scenario, on your unspoken words.

---------------------------------------------

Actually, it did not.
Actually is does -

I prefer to leave these things a bit open-ended, on purpose

-----------------------------------------------

I did.

I actually wrote it in this thread.
No you didn't. You only chnaged your OP after Fluff made 'his' definition of Robotic. Not very clever you are.

--------------------------------------------------

Look how many people have agreed that Fluff approached the issue correctly (including myself).

There's a good reason for that.
Yes even I agree with it. It is not because you implied it in your OP without implying it. Lolz. It is because his definition of it and his categorizing of it was well written. So bravo to Fluff.

--------------------------------------------------

Yes, actually it was.

I made the thread because of another post in another thread.

You. Fail. Hard.
Then you should have mentioned it in this thread rather than expect each and every one of the members of TypC to be reading your posts or hoping to understand your unspoken words.

I'm glad I fail because it indicated only that I do not read your intelligent/sarcasm intended/ posts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And/or allow mods to remove certain voters.

Yes the people who disagree with you just HAVE to go. How dare they??? Those fools??

Lolz Zara.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In one post you complain that I presume you to be psychic.

Then, right after, you presume yourself to be psychic.

Lolz

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJs are more robotic in their personal relationships than INTPs (but the quintessential robot is ISTJ). Te efficiency screams "beep boop", and Js are typically more tightly-wound than Ps.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes a person robotic is based on what filters they put their descisions through. Intp's being Ti dom filter everything through thought and rationalization. All the descisions of an INTP can basicly be prompted into and outputted from a computer. Don't take it too literal, INTP's aren't only Ti, but for the sake of arguement.

INTJ's being Ni doms filter their descision making through introverted intuition. This is not something one could teach a computer to do (as it is based on value assignment that a computer could not calculate), and is therefor not robotic.

Ofcourse there can be INTJ's who have a stronger aux then dom, in which case the rule would not apply, but seeing as the typical INTJ will have Ni as their true dom, in general the statement stands.

I don't believe the same rules applies to ISTP's and ISTJ's. Since Si is a whole different ballgame than Ni, the ISTJ's ability for repetition due to their Si dom(Which is something a computer can hypothetically simulate), complimented by their Te, would make them the most robotic-like type there is.

But this thread was about INTP's and INTJ's.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yet again the word idiotic to describe people who disagree with you.

Actually, if you look, plenty of people have disagreed with me, and I haven't called their opinions idiotic.

I reserve using that word for when the opinion actually is idiotic.

The truth is, I welcome alternate lines of reasoning, I just want them to be intelligent, not idiotic.

No you didn't. You only chnaged your OP after Fluff made 'his' definition of Robotic. Not very clever you are.

You clearly don't even know which post I was referring to, Riva.

Congratulations again, though, on thinking you know what you're talking about, even though you clearly do not.

Then you should have mentioned it in this thread rather than expect each and every one of the members of TypC to be reading your posts or hoping to understand your unspoken words.

I did what I did on purpose.

I have done this with many threads before.

That you fail to understand that purpose is your issue.

I'm glad I fail because it indicated only that I do not read your intelligent/sarcasm intended/ posts.

Guess what, Riva.

I'm a lot more intelligent than you.

Yes the people who disagree with you just HAVE to go. How dare they??? Those fools??

Lolz Zara.

Riva, you clearly have no fucking clue what I'm even talking about (again).

Your interpretation of my post has absolutely nothing to do with why I said what I said.

Go elsewhere to troll. You're not worth my time.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What makes a person robotic is based on what filters they put their descisions through. Intp's being Ti dom filter everything through thought and rationalization. All the actions of an INTP can basicly be prompted into and outputted from a computer. In a sense.

INTJ's being Ni doms filter their descision making through introverted intuition. This is not something one could teach a computer to do, and is therefor not robotic.

Ofcourse there can be INTJ's who have a stronger aux then dom, in which case the rule would not apply, but seeing as the typical INTJ will have Ni as their true dom, in general the statement stands.

I don't believe the same rules applies to ISTP's and ISTJ's. Since Si is a whole different ballgame than Ni, the ISTJ's ability for repetition due to their Si dom(Which is something a computer can simulate), complimented by their Te, would make them the most robotic-like type there is.

But this thread was about INTP's and INTJ's.

I'm biased, the one true INTJ I know has a very very strong Te. Really though I don't see very many N types as robotic at all, but I'd be more likely to describe INTJs as being robotic than INTPs... even on this forum!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:cry: Go be scary elsewhere :ninja: *sulks*

I'm not trying to be scary, sweetheart, I just know that you understand us well, and I'm wondering whether you were being serious or joking, and, if you were being serious, what makes you think what you think.