• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Element Subtypes

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as per request of [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], I've decided

DISCLAIMER: this is a totally off the top of the head, crackpot theory that I just made up, so don't talk to me about how this theory doesn't fit in with the works of Jung because I don't want to hear it! (I know you're going to Ti nitpick the shit out of it, just don't expect me to respond to it LOL)
DISCLAIMER II: yes, it's probably biased as hell. get over it!

alright, let's get rollin'

Earth Subtype:
the most introverted subtype of ENTP. this ENTP is very analytical and prefers to spend much of his time evaluating and tinkering with impersonal systems, often preferring to spend vast amounts of alone working on their projects and areas of interests. not surprisingly, this subtype often mistypes as an IxTP and don't tend to use a lot of Fe.

Examples:
- Buckminster Fuller
- David Attenborough
- Thomas Edison

Ideal Career Options:
- scientist
- computer programmer
- internet marketer
- investor

Wind Subtype:
the most common ENTP subtype. people of this subtype have brilliant, quick minds (even more so than most ENTPs). they NEED mental stimulation and are constantly looking for outlets for their powerful problem solving capabilities. this subtype is very similar to the Earth subtype in their thirst for puzzles to solve, but the Wind subtype prefers more social, fast paced, externally engaging activity.

Examples:
- Conan O'Brien
- Ferris Bueller
- Seth MacFarlane

Ideal Career Options:
- inventor
- entrepreneur
- performing arts
- comedian

Water Subtype:
the most sensitive and considerate of the ENTPs. this ENTP is more sensitive to criticism, but also the most charming, likable and diplomatic subtype. they almost always have strong Fe and frequently mistype as Feelers.

Ideal Career Options:
- doctor
- salesman
- politician
- teacher

Examples:
- Walt Disney
- Julia Child
- Will Ferrell

Fire Subtype:
spunky and choleric, the Fire subtype ENTP is an archtypal entrepreneur and explorer. they need
to have things THEIR way and often have issues with authority (especially when younger). this type often gives off a subtle (or not so subtle) "fuck you" vibe. frequently, this type is very power hungry and tends to prefer careers that offer ample opportunity for advancement and latter climbing
Examples:
- Peter the Great
- Ted Turner
- Newt Gingrich

Ideal Careers:
- entrepreneur
- movie director
- lawyer
- CEO

EDIT: you can be either pure 1 type or have a primary type an a secondary type (sorta like enneagram main type + wing or instinctual stackings)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

khys

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Did you correlate these to the zodiac at all?

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Water Subtype:
the most sensitive and considerate of the ENTPs. this ENTP is more sensitive to criticism, but also the most charming, likable and diplomatic subtype. they almost always have strong Fe and frequently mistype as Feelers.

Ideal Career Options:
- doctor
- salesman
- politician
- teacher

Examples:
- Walt Disney
- Julia Child
- Will Ferrell

That's me.

I have more to say on this, but not right now. I'll add more later.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Can we have combos? Like Water + Wind = Wave subtype? Or Wind + Fire = Flamethrower?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can we have combos? Like Water + Wind = Wave subtype? Or Wind + Fire = Flamethrower?

you can be either pure 1 type or have a primary type an a secondary type (sorta like enneagram main type + wing or instinctual stackings)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would say the Waters have strong Fe so seem pseudo ENF-ish.

Are the earths more ESTP-like?

What is your basis for this?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nevermind, looks like earths are more Ti centered and Fires would actually seem ESTP-ish.