• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ guys, how can I spot you in a crowd?

LuzDeLuna

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm just wondering if I've ever met any INTJ guys in person. I've met several INTJ girls and we get along really great now that I don't let the poker face thing scare me away or stop me from losing interest in a friendship. One girl I know looks like she could scare children with such a serious face, but she is really super sweet, artistic, and caring!

What are you guys like though? I'm looking for you in my everyday life. :sherlock:

I keep getting drawn into the INFJ's I know. INFJ's have a way of really getting my attention and keeping it, but I'm really wanting to keep on the lookout for an INTJ. Don't get me wrong though...I don't doubt that I could be very happy with the right INFJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol.

Look for a guy in black, stiff body posture, clenched jaw, the biggeat thing is the eyes. Intjs eyes are like these deep set saucers of .. attention. Whether lost in thought, looking out perceiving thw world, or hunting for something in particular you can see that intense focused gaze. Be careful, because they will try to mental ninjitsu you, so you gotta get them off the deep intellectual subjects so you can see that they have other big things besides a brain. Plus, you can emotional ninjutsu them so both of you are left feeling fun, excited, AWAKE, and loved.

Good luck to you

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few clues

- They will be having long conversations one on one with people or maybe two or three close friends; this is what they prefer to do
- They don't talk to anyone but will limit it to those who have something to say or are interesting
- If they're laughing, there's a good chance they are having a good time
- They may go off on their own at times - sometimes to look at something that's happening
- If you are in a group with several people talking, the INTJ won't say much but when he/she does say something, it will seem pretty insightful; or maybe it will seem not related enough to the conversation at hand - it's connected in some way in the INTJs mind though

I don't think they are easy to recognize.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look for the guy who actively tries not to grin and likes sarcasm..a lot ;)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking a crowd is completely the wrong place to look, they are much more likely to be away from the crowd...possibly observing the crowd/individual/scene from a strategic location not too far off. ;)

P.s Your thread may already have helped you more than you realise.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
When you feel the burning sensation as they stare their mark of ownership into the back of your neck.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking a crowd is completely the wrong place to look, they are much more likely to be away from the crowd...possibly observing the crowd/individual/scene from a strategic location not too far off. ;)
Yes. In a crowd, the "stiff and uncomfortable" aspect will be particularly apparent. We will often try to separate ourselves if at all possible, and we enjoy making ourselves useful. You might find an INTJ among the helpers, whether setting up the sound system, organizing a run for supplies, or even collecting up the trash.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They will be the one annoyed with whomever is driving/parking poorly ahead of them.
or with the slow lady cashier who is spending time yapping away. :D

I saw a video once on Youtube. Someone was trying to parallel park....really badly. They tried backing in, then pulling out, backing in, pulling out.

A guy in a nearby car got out of his car, opened the door of the bad driver's car....and essentially parked his/her car. Then got back into his car and drove away.

INTJ.

Mia.

Lol.
Look for a guy in black, stiff body posture, clenched jaw, the biggeat thing is the eyes. Intjs eyes are like these deep set saucers of .. attention. Whether lost in thought, looking out perceiving thw world, or hunting for something in particular you can see that intense focused gaze. Be careful, because they will try to mental ninjitsu you, so you gotta get them off the deep intellectual subjects so you can see that they have other big things besides a brain. Plus, you can emotional ninjutsu them so both of you are left feeling fun, excited, AWAKE, and loved.

Hehe. :solidarity:

When you feel the burning sensation as they stare their mark of ownership into the back of your neck.

LOL

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know about INTJs, but I know INTPs can be spotted whereever a computer in a mother's basement is.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about INTJs, but I know INTPs can be spotted whereever a computer in a mother's basement is.

I would venture to say, you are correct on both counts.

LuzDeLuna

MBTI Type
ENFP

Start by looking in less crowded places.

I guess I should explain that my meaning of "crowd" here is symbolic for people I encounter in everyday life.

We will often try to separate ourselves if at all possible, and we enjoy making ourselves useful. You might find an INTJ among the helpers, whether setting up the sound system, organizing a run for supplies, or even collecting up the trash.

Actually, if that's the case, then we would probably end up doing something similar. I hate going through the motions of small talk. If you find me in the midst of that, it's usually just to make people feel welcome. But yes, I usually come up with whatever excuse just to get away. Maybe I'll do the dishes or just help cook, or hang out with a friend or two in a different room if it's a get-together at a house.

What I really prefer is to be alone, but with other people around. Makes sense? They can make noise or do whatever, but I'm thinking to myself and only participate once in a while to explain why I'm laughing so hard though I've just been staring at a wall for 20 minutes. Ahhh...sheer bliss. :whistling:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i just spent an evening with an extended family, and pretty easily found the 2 INTJs. as i walked into the room i saw 2 people with a few familiar qualities:
  • economy of movement
  • tidy dress (when they can afford it, INTJs do not seem averse to indulging in some fine cloths but never flamboyant; it will often be the "intelligent" or practical choice for that article of clothing)
  • a posture i call "dutiful", for lack of a better word
  • rather avoidant eye contact--and behavior--that becomes intense once engaged. the more engaged they are, the more animated they become (and it is easy to see that they are carefully modulating their excitement. rather enjoyable to observe)
  • a willingness to isolate for long periods of time and explore esoteric topics (i talked about health care reform, mobile technology and mbti with one; european football, neurobiology and the evolution of BMW engines with the other). people had to break us up after a while in both cases, falling down the rabbit hole together is easy.
  • if they find you attractive, they do some pretty adorable (read: enjoyable) shit. tease you, test you, pretend to ask casual questions about you that poorly mask an intense curiosity. to me, this last one is the best one of all: their curiosity causes them to focus their intelligence on you. in doing so they often:
  • skillfully cause you to release some important fact about you/your availability/your values--sometimes it's masked in other questions or observations designed to get you to react or reveal something germain to their values/romantic priorities. once you master the cat and mouse game it becomes the most enjoyable part of the early stages of getting to know an INTJ

^ assumes you aren't actually inquiring after how to spot an [available] INTJ in a[n electronic] crowd. an ENFP would never do that! :laugh:

either way, happy hunting.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just go to INTJforum and say you're an ENFP.

I'm sure you'll have three dates and a stalker by noon tomorrow.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just spent an evening with an extended family, and pretty easily found the 2 INTJs. as i walked into the room i saw 2 people with a few familiar qualities:
  • economy of movement
  • tidy dress (when they can afford it, INTJs do not seem averse to indulging in some fine cloths but never flamboyant; it will often be the "intelligent" or practical choice for that article of clothing)
  • a posture i call "dutiful", for lack of a better word
  • rather avoidant eye contact--and behavior--that becomes intense once engaged. the more engaged they are, the more animated they become (and it is easy to see that they are carefully modulating their excitement. rather enjoyable to observe)
  • a willingness to isolate for long periods of time and explore esoteric topics (i talked about health care reform, mobile technology and mbti with one; european football, neurobiology and the evolution of BMW engines with the other). people had to break us up after a while in both cases, falling down the rabbit hole together is easy.
  • if they find you attractive, they do some pretty adorable (read: enjoyable) shit. tease you, test you, pretend to ask casual questions about you that poorly mask an intense curiosity. to me, this last one is the best one of all: their curiosity causes them to focus their intelligence on you. in doing so they often:
  • skillfully cause you to release some important fact about you/your availability/your values--sometimes it's masked in other questions or observations designed to get you to react or reveal something germain to their values/romantic priorities. once you master the cat and mouse game it becomes the most enjoyable part of the early stages of getting to know an INTJ

^ assumes you aren't actually inquiring after how to spot an [available] INTJ in a[n electronic] crowd. an ENFP would never do that! :laugh:

either way, happy hunting.

Damn. That's pretty good.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And yes i will try to leave the crowd.. and find a more relaxed place.