• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The INTJ "Doorslam" aka INTJ Pigeonholing

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, it is not at all hard to be largely ignorant of and uninvolved with other people's social BS. (If it were worthwhile, I would not characterize it as BS.) I find it remarkably freeing, based upon how bogged down I feel on the rare occasion when I get sucked into it. All the attention that other people devote to such things, I can devote to what is really important to me. For someone like you, the social interaction is important, so you pay attention to that. Just another instance of different strokes for different folks.

Oh I envy you for that. I equally give a tremendous fuck on people's social BS. But they nevertheless tell it to me and every day I go home, I suffer from severe headaches. I am not even nice to them nor am I comforting them, but somehow there is a sign on my head saying: tell me all your problems.

I am currently working on loosing the intellectual respect of my workmates, which aint too hard cause they are very snobish. Maybe then they will leave me alone too.

I have to say, yes this does apply to me in a convuluted way. I consider myself to be a fair minded person, I'm always seeking a kind of natural justice within any system. When I'm at work I'm always seeking to ensure all of us share the workload evenly for example, because to my mind it's unfair for anyone to shirk their responsibilities if they are being paid to be there. Some of the people I work with resent this aspect of me (I am the leader in my group), they dislike the fact they cannot do what they are accustomed to doing because I notice and insist they carry their load. They may curse me but they very likely do not understand that I require this of them for the benefit of the whole group and ultimately the benefit of the company we work for and it's customers. My focus is not just upon myself, but their focus is.

So while I am largely disinterested in knowing the minutae of individuals and their personal lives I am looking after the system that supports the people and I do care about the workplace being a fair place for all concerned. I do care about the quality of the work we do and I do put people in positions that leverage their personal abilities. I care immensely that our customers are not only getting what they paid for but are also being treated with respect and courtesy. I care about the larger reputation that our company has as a direct result of what we are doing.

Idealist ! :)

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought this is the typical INTJ approach to everything, not only people.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this is the typical INTJ approach to everything, not only people.
A bit simplistic, but essentially correct. It is said we evaluate ideas by asking "does/will it work?" The corollary is evaluating things by asking, "what is it good for?" We "pigeonhole" things by their function or purpose. Of course, when we encounter a new problem, items can instantly jump to new pigeonholes, as we see new and unanticipated uses for them.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A bit simplistic, but essentially correct. It is said we evaluate ideas by asking "does/will it work?" The corollary is evaluating things by asking, "what is it good for?" We "pigeonhole" things by their function or purpose. Of course, when we encounter a new problem, items can instantly jump to new pigeonholes, as we see new and unanticipated uses for them.

I don't know. ENTJs with the leading Te strike me as more about what immediately works.

INTJs seem more concerned with their vision and kind of twist everything else to fit that.

It's hard for me to really get to know people and what motivates them. INTJs are proud of their practical approach but I've seen them sacrifice what works if it gets in the way of what should work. If that makes any sense.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know. ENTJs with the leading Te strike me as more about what immediately works.

INTJs seem more concerned with their vision and kind of twist everything else to fit that.

It's hard for me to really get to know people and what motivates them. INTJs are proud of their practical approach but I've seen them sacrifice what works if it gets in the way of what should work. If that makes any sense.
Yes, INTJs want to align everything with their vision, but the part that an observer will see is how they evaluate things for utility. ENTJs are Te-dom, but Te is still the highest extraverted function of an INTJ. The vision is internal. The what works vs. what should work conflict is often about efficiency or even elegance. We don't want just something that works, but an optimized solution. If push comes to shove, we will take a lesser solution that gets the job done, but we don't prefer it.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thoughts? In no way is this post a finished product, just some ideas that I'd like to refine with input.

And anyone, please suggest a better word for the thread title than the "doorslam"? :)

EDIT: Pigeonholing has been suggested, so pigeonholing it shall be!
Great post, I've experiences this in my interaction with INTJs too. I believe this is because INTJs have static feeling element (Ti and Fi are static, while Te and Fe are dynamic, more on static/dynamic) so you as a person get assigned static prescriptive qualities. INFJs contrary to this have static logic.