• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTP Characters?

Tulippa

MBTI Type
INTP
Violet Parr from the Incredibles??

Maybe Meg from Hercules (though she could be Istp)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm thinking Summer from (500) Days of Summer.

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Anyone seen "The Vampire Diaries?" The main antagonist for season 2; Katherine may be a messed up INTJ. Thoughts? (I know... INTP we look for but INTJ female is fairly rare in my opinion).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about Daria?

Yup. Undoubtedly. Exhibit A is the episode where the football player comes back to the high school, is a dick, and then dies.

I don't think a Fe aux would have that kind of blunt reaction. That's Ti dom behavior, for sure.

And then there's the part about being "comfortable with the dark side."

mili915876

This is an interesting question. I have actually never encountered an INTP female character in a book. IRL an easy way to spot the female ones is to pay attention to the precision with which they speak. The words are somewhat far apart from each other and there is a sense of intense concentration on choosing the most accurate word. Perhaps Vickers from Prometheus, but the actress herself strikes me as an ISTP so I don't really know if it's a good example. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck.
dom Ti leaves a sense of coldness, precision, even cruelty in a special way. Yet women are generally pushed to be more social and warm so this character is not a typical INTP (if at all).
I don't think so.I mean, Hermione Granger always seemed an INTP to me...:)

VicDaMan

MBTI Type
INTJ
I honestly can't think of much examples of intp females in fiction, and i've never met an intp female woman in real life, i know a crap ton of infp's and entp's one intj, but no INTP's. I do know one for sure INTP she comes from the anime Steins gate, which is about time travel. Her name is Kurisu Makise, she and the main male protagonist work together to create a time machine. She is the textbook example of an INTP, a skeptical scientists in a lapcoat. Ti is obviously her dominant she is extremely analytical and focused on her internal sense of logic, and my thought that she is Ti dominant is backed up by her weak inferior fe she shows in the show. She is Ne dom because she is extremely interested in the possibilities of the research she conducts on time travel.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lindsay Weir from "Freaks and Geeks"

07a5539e56ff9b719be965a564a5d261.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think so.I mean, Hermione Granger always seemed an INTP to me...:)

She's not. (Too closure-oriented.)

But she's bookishly smart. So that's a similarity.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's not. (Too closure-oriented.)

But she's bookishly smart. So that's a similarity.
She has been consistently a TJ through most of the movies, but the last movie she had a line where she said that she looks to the logical core of how things work - or something along those lines. I have noticed with characters that endure for many movies or episodes with different writers, that the writing can change their personality over time.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone already mentioned Catherine from "Proof", but it is an especially good example...

large_nknrYzV679SFJnKvK76Cr2srmi5.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She has been consistently a TJ through most of the movies, but the last movie she had a line where she said that she looks to the logical core of how things work - or something along those lines. I have noticed with characters that endure for many movies or episodes with different writers, that the writing can change their personality over time.

I think real life is not so demarcated as the 16 mbti boxes. There will always be fuzzy edges.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Off topic, but I love female INTPs... My best female friend is an INTP, and another really close female friend is an xNTP... I really only get along with Ns anyway, but INTP girls are awesome! Quirky but not in a bad way, and usually super talented. I also love bringing out the inner E in everyone lol... Anyway, as for books, I don't know. I know Holden from Catcher in the Rye is an INTP, but he's a guy.

hulyie

MBTI Type
INTP
Surely Adrianne from Inception, the perfect example, and Violet Baudelaire from Series of Unfortunate Events.
I'm not hundred percent sure, but Nakamura from anime/manga Flowers of Evil could also be an INTP.

Last edited:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I think they tend to turn intelligent introverted female characters into INTJs. This sells more than an INTP female they probably think.

It's easy to sell the stereotype of an INTJ than that of an INTP, especially for a female: serious, uptight, smart, organize, intuitive, original etc etc. Because it's kinda sexy; I mean the uptight, brilliance combined with social awkwardness vs that of a INTP stereotype which is more analytical and disorganized.

I can name quite a few INTJ female characters.

Can't think of many INTP females.

MarcusINTP

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
One of the main issues with how films are made is that female characters tend to be feminised in ways that favours more sensory and feeling types. INTPs females are rare in fiction and even rarer on television and in the cinema. Chloe O'Brien from 24 seems to be the most obvious one, Hermione from Harry Potter is probably INTP in the book and INFP in the cinema version. They could have made Lisa Simpson an INTP, it would have fitted perfectly for the character and she is an INTP in some episodes, but they 'evolved' her into an INFJ.

It's worth remembering that in films personality types are often quite fluid. It's a sign of sloppy writing where there is a lack of consistency in charactarisation, but it's common. Honing in on INTP it can mean someone is SOMETIMES an INTP but conveniently changed when it doesn't fit the story telling - it's the same with other types - ultimately internal processing of concepts is more difficult to portray and also goes against how females are typically represented.

With male actors there are a few who naturally portray INTPs - Jeff Goldblum and Peter Capaldi seem two obvious ones. I'm struggling to think of any female actors who fit the image.