• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Being an Muslim INTP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'ld prolly blow up the moon... nonetheless I'ld have told my infp this evening that her opinion sucks. She's too rigid too one-dimensional in her opinion. I somehow always liked that about her but nowadays I get bored by it. I'll prolly get me someone who is more multidimensional in her opinions next but I'll prolly be bored by that after some time as well.

Thats why I have made the decision tonight that I'll live and die alone. I personally think its the best way to do maximum harm !

abortedfruit

MBTI Type
INTP
"Islam is strongly communal (although there is also an emphasis on individual rights) so I sometimes struggle between my highly individualistic and "loner" nature and my duty to interact with believers."

I have a similar problem. I sometimes avoid praying in a Mosque because I feel overwhelmed by the thought of having to interact with other Muslims. I generally prefer having non-Muslim friends or non-religious Muslim friends. This is in some part to avoid having discussions concerning religion. I do question many things about Islam. Not for the purpose of finding fault, but more to see things from all angles. However, I feel that if I voiced some of my theories, I would be misunderstood and (probably just in my mind) labeled as someone controversial... someone to be avoided.

W

WALMART

can not compute, illogical, can not compute, illogical

*explodes*

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Christian INTP :D Know how you feel. I want to know more and continue to learn more.

Also a Christian INTP. My parents were both born Muslim but converted to Christianity and raised me that way. I used to go to church because my parents also went but after going through some stressful events, I got very involved. Sometimes it's hard to shut out the voice that analyzes and doubts everything I'm getting better...I hope. I like it because it gives my life a purpose especially during those times when I start freaking out that I'm not going to amount to anything. :)

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Also a Christian INTP. My parents were both born Muslim but converted to Christianity and raised me that way. I used to go to church because my parents also went but after going through some stressful events, I got very involved. Sometimes it's hard to shut out the voice that analyzes and doubts everything I'm getting better...I hope. I like it because it gives my life a purpose especially during those times when I start freaking out that I'm not going to amount to anything. :)

Yeah, it's one of those hardships, but I also learned to use my analyzing skills in learning the scriptures and and reproof myself more and more I gain understanding and knowledge. I can see why a lot of NT's are not christian because the constant proof of tangibleness, but I learned how to let go and the tangibles come, but it's not an easy walk.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
blog_sadClown1.jpg

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yes. The voice of reason. Terrible thing to be weeded out in face of such obvious truths.

Zeo_307

I grew up in a country where 96% of population is Muslim, and where Islam has a pervasive influence in all areas of daily life from politics, fashion.... to people's diet ( any guess where???).. I am not Muslim nor I am INTP, but can imagine how being a devout Muslim can be in conflict with being an INTP. Mainly because to be religious Muslim , at some point, you have to accept certain concepts as "the law", and there would be no room for analysis or challenge... Although the Islam theoratically welcomes debate and/or doubt, it does percieve it as a lack of blind faith....
People just say it's the law cuz they don't understand it or they are just afraid to think about it. I am sure if they dig deeper into it they will find a logical reason, there is always a room actually there are "rooms" for analysis and there is always only one truth so there is a challenge in who gets to the truth first. Ofc that's under the condition of people not knowing the truth. Also remember that knowledge is unlimited.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Same here. Muslim INTP who strives to be religious and lives in a western country, and was even given the freedom by my parents to committ apostasy as I went through phases, including hardcore atheism, but eventually found Islam EDIT: In a new light.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same here. Muslim INTP who strives to be religious and lives in a western country, and was even given the freedom by my parents to committ apostasy as I went through phases, including hardcore atheism, but eventually found Islam EDIT: In a new light.

Same (but INFP Hindu/spiritualist) :D

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Same (but INFP Hindu/spiritualist) :D
are INFPs more prone to atheism and irreligion? or do you mean you found your own way? and if you're joking about the tension between hindus and muslims, noted haha, but don't worry, im not one to hate or be prejudiced. :)

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
are INFPs more prone to atheism and irreligion? or do you mean you found your own way? and if you're joking about the tension between hindus and muslims, noted haha, but don't worry, im not one to hate or be prejudiced. :)

Lol nah, no joke about that :D I have quite a few friends and coworkers who are Muslim, kindest people in the world. :heart:

I’m not sure about INFPs being more prone to atheism/irreligion, but I personally escaped from a few cult-like groups simply because I’m able to think for myself. :) Took me years to figure out what I truly believe in though, since I often wouldn’t get satisfactory answers to tough questions I’d ask on spiritual matters...