User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeBe View Post
    Also a Christian INTP. My parents were both born Muslim but converted to Christianity and raised me that way. I used to go to church because my parents also went but after going through some stressful events, I got very involved. Sometimes it's hard to shut out the voice that analyzes and doubts everything I'm getting better...I hope. I like it because it gives my life a purpose especially during those times when I start freaking out that I'm not going to amount to anything.
    Yeah, it's one of those hardships, but I also learned to use my analyzing skills in learning the scriptures and and reproof myself more and more I gain understanding and knowledge. I can see why a lot of NT's are not christian because the constant proof of tangibleness, but I learned how to let go and the tangibles come, but it's not an easy walk.

  2. #32
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,672

    Default


  3. #33
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeBe View Post
    Also a Christian INTP. My parents were both born Muslim but converted to Christianity and raised me that way. I used to go to church because my parents also went but after going through some stressful events, I got very involved. Sometimes it's hard to shut out the voice that analyzes and doubts everything I'm getting better...I hope. I like it because it gives my life a purpose especially during those times when I start freaking out that I'm not going to amount to anything.
    Yes. The voice of reason. Terrible thing to be weeded out in face of such obvious truths.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yes. The voice of reason. Terrible thing to be weeded out in face of such obvious truths.

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    I grew up in a country where 96% of population is Muslim, and where Islam has a pervasive influence in all areas of daily life from politics, fashion.... to people's diet ( any guess where???).. I am not Muslim nor I am INTP, but can imagine how being a devout Muslim can be in conflict with being an INTP. Mainly because to be religious Muslim , at some point, you have to accept certain concepts as "the law", and there would be no room for analysis or challenge... Although the Islam theoratically welcomes debate and/or doubt, it does percieve it as a lack of blind faith....
    People just say it's the law cuz they don't understand it or they are just afraid to think about it. I am sure if they dig deeper into it they will find a logical reason, there is always a room actually there are "rooms" for analysis and there is always only one truth so there is a challenge in who gets to the truth first. Ofc that's under the condition of people not knowing the truth. Also remember that knowledge is unlimited.

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Same here. Muslim INTP who strives to be religious and lives in a western country, and was even given the freedom by my parents to committ apostasy as I went through phases, including hardcore atheism, but eventually found Islam EDIT: In a new light.
    Likes Maya Dawn liked this post

  7. #37
    Upside-Down Rainbow Maya Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Same here. Muslim INTP who strives to be religious and lives in a western country, and was even given the freedom by my parents to committ apostasy as I went through phases, including hardcore atheism, but eventually found Islam EDIT: In a new light.
    Same (but INFP Hindu/spiritualist)
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes Warrior liked this post

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maya Dawn View Post
    Same (but INFP Hindu/spiritualist)
    are INFPs more prone to atheism and irreligion? or do you mean you found your own way? and if you're joking about the tension between hindus and muslims, noted haha, but don't worry, im not one to hate or be prejudiced.
    Likes Maya Dawn liked this post

  9. #39
    Upside-Down Rainbow Maya Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    are INFPs more prone to atheism and irreligion? or do you mean you found your own way? and if you're joking about the tension between hindus and muslims, noted haha, but don't worry, im not one to hate or be prejudiced.
    Lol nah, no joke about that I have quite a few friends and coworkers who are Muslim, kindest people in the world.

    I’m not sure about INFPs being more prone to atheism/irreligion, but I personally escaped from a few cult-like groups simply because I’m able to think for myself. Took me years to figure out what I truly believe in though, since I often wouldn’t get satisfactory answers to tough questions I’d ask on spiritual matters...
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

    Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

    Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes Warrior liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Could this be... an INTP villain????
    By goodgrief in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 07:27 PM
  2. [INTP] unhappy being an intp/me
    By nikenikenike in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
  3. [NT] Is it possible to be an INTP that has ENTP tendencies?
    By Optimus Prime in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
  4. Is it possible to be an INFJ with INTP tendencies?
    By aic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM
  5. [INTP] Being an INTP has become a LIVING HELL. HELP.
    By the_STRATOSPHERE in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 06:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO