• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] BAD ASS ENTPs?

O

Oberon

That's the funny thing about it all from my POV: I've never used that ability as far as I know to do anything massively badass. And yet still it seems to make some people fear that I might, just the fact that I theoretically could. I would've thought if they knew me, they'd figure out that I couldn't, not even theoretically. It's just not who I am. Ti is in the way.

That is why it is desperately important that people never give our Ti reason to agree with our Ne on that particular issue.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That is why it is desperately important that people never give our Ti reason to agree with our Ne on that particular issue.

Abso-frickin-lutely.
The seriousness of this quote cannot be overstated, o ye people who do not wish to be scorched :moodeath:

I think cos we're 99% of the time such happy go lucky people it tends to come as all the more of a shock when we turn nasty.

I'm not proud of it, though I was once upon a time, but I once completely blew apart someone's world because they did that. Utterly attacked and destroyed on every level - with nothing but words. She was in therapy for over a year afterwards. It wasn't until a long time after that that I faced myself in therapy and was astonished at my own sadism... and determined not to fall prey to that side of myself again. Even so, I guess I fear myself that I might someday, so I don't know what business I have telling other people not to fear it. :(

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Toughie Toughie ENTPs:

I'm having you all herded into a Winnebago and shot into space. :D Problem solved!

Signed,
The Only Ruler in Dez Here Parts
Pink (that's right! ENFJ gonna get you, mang!)

O

Oberon

Ha ha ha, oh gee, you know you're just so cute, Pink!

...now run along and make me some dinner, 'kay?

[pats Pink on the bottom]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
00adAss.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Doctor Who is a pretty bad-ass ENTP. After all, he's fought Daleks, Cybermen, swamp creatures, cavemen, giant glowing green slime balls that can be communicated with by blowing into their tentacles...every woman who spends any time with him falls for him, and you can't even kill him, he just changes bodies. It doesn't get more bad-ass than that. :yes:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear Toughie Toughie ENTPs:

I'm having you all herded into a Winnebago and shot into space. :D Problem solved!

Every problem is also an opportunity. There are lots of cool things to do in space, but the hard part is getting the funding to get into space. Problem solved. Thanks Pink. ;)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'd imagine INTPs are quite self-serving, but do it with the utmost secrecy.

Are ENTPs similar, but more expressive of this?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was a hell-raiser throughout my entire K-12 school career... I think ENTPs who don't quickly harness their wide range of interests and get a good circle of friends whom they trust can and will spiral out of control. That's what happened to me.

But that doesn't mean I was a bad-ass... I mean, I figure that a bad-ass is someone who not only raises hell but also has control over the subsequent maelstrom... I would raise hell and then watch everything around me burn to cinders without being able to quell the fiery tide.

Ander

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess I'm a moderate hell-raiser and something of a badass. It all depends on context. If I think something is run stupidly, It'll irk me and then I'll raise hell and go on the warpath trying to get it fixed. It works in the civilian sector - the military - less so.

My badassness is contingent. I go for high-risk, high-reward - as someone brought up. So in day to day work, if there really isn't anything at stake or just the risk of loss - I tend not to take it very seriously.

Working on that though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: I've been refered to as being rather badass at times... especially lately after chasing down the person who tried to take my purse- that's just because NOBODY runs off with my paycheck though :steam:

As for the being able to attack from any angle thing- I've done it before and I can't say that I'm proud of myself for having done so :blush:

Badassery in the eyes of others is more of merely being unaware of a lot of stuff (for instance, not thinking that someone would be armed!) and being amazingly adaptable :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha ha ha, oh gee, you know you're just so cute, Pink!

...now run along and make me some dinner, 'kay?

[pats Pink on the bottom]

Why you....!

If I wasn't barefoot and pregnant, I'd lean down awkwardly and hit you with my flipflop!

And no Cinnamon Rolls for you!

I was a god then...

Every problem is also an opportunity. There are lots of cool things to do in space, but the hard part is getting the funding to get into space. Problem solved. Thanks Pink. ;)

Why you.....!

You fancypants lasers have been cocky since the demise of direct-sight communication. :doh: One day, the cup-and-string will rise again! Just you wait!

I guess I'm a moderate hell-raiser and something of a badass.

I don't know what it is about this statement, but I like it.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
eh. to me, a badass wouldn't have to say they're a badass. you either are or you aren't. it's more of a mindset one has that some others just happen to deem as badass. as soon as someone seriously declares they are one, i conclude they aren't. (and, just so everyone knows, i haven't seen anyone in this thread do that to my recollection.)

that said, i've been called one many many times, but i don't take their opinion of me to heart. i don't judge me by how they've read my words or actions. because, seriously, for all i know, they just scare easily.

i have scared myself before by losing it and then calmly acting. though angry as hell (it takes a hell of a lot to get me there, but it happens), it's like i can see myself from the outside looking in, and i'm aware of what i'm doing, but i'm completely detached from it. meaning, i'm still capable of judging what the numerous consequences can/will be and whether or not the risk is worth taking and if so, how far to take it.

it's when i've gotten to the point that i know i'm willing to take it all the way that i've scared myself. when knowing i could end up in jail and called people to warn them that i may need bail afterwards, and deemed it totally worth it.

not scared for me, but my loved ones who don't/can't see that what i'm about to do has been rationally weighed in my mind, and i'm not worried about me, so they shouldn't be.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
it's when i've gotten to the point that i know i'm willing to take it all the way that i've scared myself. when knowing i could end up in jail and called people to warn them that i may need bail afterwards, and deemed it totally worth it.

not scared for me, but my loved ones who don't/can't see that what i'm about to do has been rationally weighed in my mind, and i'm not worried about me, so they shouldn't be.

I relate to this very strongly. Especially the last part.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm only a hell-raiser in the sense that I am an asshole of a devil's advocate.
I have the bad habit of arguing for 'ridiculous' positions.
Many times, people aren't having as much as fun as I'm having but my family and friends have grown used to it.
I just like disproving things people say and attacking them with logic- I have to admit that some of my points are deliberately ridiculous. Depending on the group of people I am with, I get them to laugh often.

Actually, most people think I'm really nice- even when I act like a 'friendly asshole'.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ooh I wish I had some clue to my bad-assedness. FWIW I guess I'm aggressively tame person, focusing my power inward, to give a courteous customer service etc even tho I'd just want to hammer their brains in* or whatnot.

It's not cowardice. I was obnoxious for a while, noticing it didn't work. Having a huge outward ego being the new norm, being meek and modest is the new wow thing :shock:

Works much better to smile them politely and explain in friendly terms why they have to die* :D

*Figure of speech, meh.. exaggeration.. hyperbole.. whatever floats your boat

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My iNFj girlfriend always says I am a master of subtle provocation. I guess that goes into a direction of some deep emotional understanding of the world, I will never be able to grasp due to self-preservation issues xDDD.

I stick to business in the meantime xD:
YouTube - The Imp: Rock and Roll

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My iNFj girlfriend always says I am a master of subtle provocation. I guess that goes into a direction of some deep emotional understanding of the world, I will never be able to grasp du to self-prservation issues xDDD.

Yeah, I get that one too. I don't know how many times I have to say "I have no agenda" before people get the idea. Maybe I'll have it tattooed on my forehead or something. I might provoke, but that doesn't mean I was aiming to provoke. I just wasn't going out of my way to make sure I didn't. I'm often as surprised by the reactions to things I say as the people who react that way are that I said it. I was just thinking aloud most of the time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Best way to work around that is to get heavily - drunk before you speak. Cause who really can be angry with that poor little drunk fellow (but well even he is drunk, there is a good point in his words ) xD