• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Thoughts on my type (INTP)?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another question to the public: would someone Fi dominant have a lot of trouble with emotions, not know how to process them, and generally be unaware of them until they start to become a problem? Would this person prefer to avoid emotions in other people and herself? Would this person emotionally react more to what a situation is telling them than the situation itself or any particular words which were said? Would this person be described as occasionally insensitive and blunt? Would this person feel perfectly comfortable with emotional self disclosure? Would this person not have a clue how to comfort a person who is feeling bad if they are not in an intimate relationship with them? If all this is typical of INFP's, you might have a case. If it is more INTP, I do.

Would people care to comment on this please? It would help, as it is a cornerstone of my reasoning. The way I process emotions (which is also not apparent online) fits T way more than F according to every description of the types and CF's I've read. And INTP pretty well. I could elaborate if asked.

And once again, I'm not expecting everyone to do the work for me of figuring myself out. I came to my own conclusions, and I am balancing them with outside perspectives and new information. I appreciate discussions of the process of typing and application of types to personal characteristics and behavior. (I just tend to do this through "argumentation" in the sense of evaluating reasoning.)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've got it. INTFPJ. :p

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My impression was 3w4 ISTP with a well developed Ni

I don't think an ISTP would title themself as a fairy, post a mythic fantasy picture for their avatar, rant for hours like in the question answering section (ISTPs are very few on words), and make lots of threads on sex topics. If you ask me the debate is between INTP and INFP.

As far as greenfairy's enneagram goes, my top pics would be types 4, 5, and 9. Of course, that is just my impression. I could be wrong!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It certainly fuels me with energy because I want an definite answer supported by flawless reasoning and irrefutable evidence, and I am unable to stop looking for one until I find it. It's a compulsion haha. Why do you think I've been at it for a year? I have to continually evaluate the evidence and reasoning as I am presented with new information and new perspectives.

Looking for objective facts and irrefutable evidence is a Te trait, and like so many other posters in this thread have said, you also resonate a lot with Fi. And the way you close this by saying you look at all dimensions and perspectives with extreme open mindedness, an Ni trait, would actually indicate you could very likely be INTJ! After all, I read somewhere here that is what you first tested as. Forget my earlier post about you being INxP, because I read more of this thread and INTJ seems to me to be your type. Also keep in mind that INTJ is a more emotional type than INTP and is more disposed towards fantasy and fantasmic pursuits, which you likely like. Your interest in topics such as astrology is a sign that you engage in odd magical thinking, which is a lot like Ni. INTJs exhibit these Schizotypal magical tendencies.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting!

...rant for hours like in the question answering section...

Aw, is this really how I'm perceived? I just struggle to express what I want to say, and constantly seem to say things in a way that can be misinterpreted. I feel like I have to clear things up all the time. And half the time I'm trying to flesh out ideas in my mind as I type. I just think the whole subject is complicated, and the system is incomplete because it is based on the last century or so. I am currently thinking about how to apply and change it so it would fit a Neolithic tribal society. I think it would look significantly different, and that I would fit in better there in some ways with my particular strengths and weaknesses. It's not that I am "so unique" that I just don't "fit in a box", I think the boxes need to be changed to be more inclusive of human nature.

Also I wanted to say (but didn't bother because I thought people had lost interest in the thread) that I can see how my post would look a lot like Fi and I think either my Ti just doesn't come out in an obvious fashion or that the survey is really inadequate at bringing out people's inner worlds. Most likely both.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also keep in mind INTP is described as having an interest in the metaphysical and mysterious and ultimate truth here:
http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

I know a few INTP's who are interested in fantasy and are pagan. That's probably the crux of the matter: my spiritual beliefs lead me to embrace such things as psychic ability, fairies, and talking to trees as being far more rational that talking to an imaginary Jesus friend and believing in some all powerful God person. And in paganism (and all indigenous pre-Christian nature religions) astrology is seen as perfectly legitimate. Another mini-rant. Sorry, just have to make this point, that people assume these things are just "fantasy", but it depends on your outlook. I have a rational explanation for everything believe it or not.

I actually have kind of a problem with the whole "fantasy" genre and people who are into it. I don't consider myself that kind of person. I believe in things which I can see a possible explanation for, and I try to create my world as I want it. If I want to be a ninja, I'll take a sword fighting class. If I want to be a fairy, I'll incorporate their positive qualities into myself. If I want to talk to trees, I'll see how the Celts and Native Americans did it. I believe in action more than escapism. And it annoys me just a little that ancient pagan beliefs are dismissed as fantasy. Like, you are pagan and like fairies, therefore you must be Fi because no one in touch with reality would be like that.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think an ISTP would title themself as a fairy, post a mythic fantasy picture for their avatar, rant for hours like in the question answering section (ISTPs are very few on words), and make lots of threads on sex topics. If you ask me the debate is between INTP and INFP.

Isn't the name just a reference to absinthe? Mmmm. Absinthe.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is kind of a spirit name which I think sums me up almost entirely. If you want the full story I can tell you.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have thoroughly explored and evaluated the evidence and concluded once again that I am INTP. But also INXP/INTX. It does seem I use Fi a lot more than I previously thought, but I think I use my Ni to incorporate it into my Ti. But I always welcome new information and opinions.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The point of the OP was actually not that I was confused and wanting people to help me type myself because I was new. I'm actually not that new. I had decided what I thought my type was through the best fit method and was posting my answers to show that I am an atypical INTP. I was hoping that my reasoning would be helpful to others, and that other people would help come up with explanations of their own. It kind of started out like this, but then evolved into me trying to prove myself and people telling me to figure myself out. (Not that re-examining my use of Fi wasn't helpful, because it helped me develop my cognitive function and tritype theory. But it wasn't really done in the spirit I wanted.) Only a couple of people argued with my actual reasoning, but I didn't hear anyone respond, "Oh that is so true! I never noticed that distinction between the types before, and now I can use it to type other INXP's." Which was my original intent. So I have to ask, do people think I'm just totally wrong and my reasoning is BS, or are people just unaware that this was my purpose? Because I fully intend to use myself as an atypical INTP and post some sort of guide to typing INXP's because of it.

*This is one of the main reasons I care so much about typing myself, is that I have actual opinions about this stuff which I'd like to be taken seriously, and I don't want people to assume I don't know what I'm talking about because I can't even accurately type myself.