• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] "My Stormy and Painful Relationship with an INTP Man"

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=15833]Darya[/MENTION]

This one is even funnier though....

INFJ%20Compicaded.jpg

Well.... thats whats going on in my mind 24/7 :)

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
he is married--to his job.

what you saw with his revulsion towards "intellectualism" is his wanting for something that hasn't saturated his experience for the past 20-something years. he's in his 40's, so he may be closer the whole "mid-life crisis/what the hell have i been doing with my life" which is how you could get the behavioral extremes he's showing, which would match up directly with his dominant and inferior functions.

from what you've told us about what he's told you... he's led a very un-balanced life and reaping the benefits/downfalls of such. his job, this thing he can get lost in and make total sense of, could be and sounds like it is the source of his own discomfort. he's traveled a route that easiest for him to the detriment of the side he naturally, consciously ignores. he's brought on more and more responsibility... why? he doesn't sound to be enjoying it... it gave him a heart attack--that much stress cannot be fun, but one would first have to realize that they don't enjoy it before it can even register as "not fun". maybe it's an attempt to distance himself from the direction he would naturally move towards (again, the side one has to ignore in early life, the mindset that is the inferior), and in some way he realizes this, but even though he would like to have what he should in order to re-balance, he's backed himself into a wall, realizes it, and with that realization he knows that what he would do to you would be his broken marriage all over again...?

so, he did the sensible, fair thing--if he knows that he can't/won't make a change within himself, he breaks from you in order to save both considerable pain and wasted time.

--side note: not all INTPs are deficient, robotic creatures devoid of human expression. they just operate within that part of themselves differently than others do. and at INTPCentral... never been there, but from what i hear it's comprised of angry high school virgins who hate the world (see, immature/lack of perspective)... not a good representation of the INTP-image, i'd think. there are plenty of INTPs who are nothing like that... one has to remember that what one is seeing is never the totality of what there is to see. (this last part isn't directed at you Darya)

W

WhoCares

I dont know anything about INTP men but this man, just sounds plain confused and messed up. I tend to find it rather easy to no longer appreciate someone once they've gone down the callous road (the comments you posted) and quickly lose interest. Since he has done that for you, i guess your next course of action is to set about grieving and letting go to free yourself up. Trust me, someone less loopy will make him look like no great loss.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I like seeing your name adjacent to a thread title. Offers unintended amusement.

I wonder what happened with these two...?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ewww, too much needless theorizing and typism going on here. Look lady, being of a similar type doesn't mean I can read your old guys' mind and motivations. That's pretty stupid. And to all you other typists out there, not all INTPs are heartless. That, I repeat, is just retarded. People have different values, and value is defined crucially by environments.

The best way to deal with this is to just look at it common sensically. That means literally. He truly does not like you anymore so it is time to move on. No need for overthinking. If you're really curious, go ahead and bug the guy. Maybe, stalk him or something. It's a personal thing goddamit.

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
Thanks all for your advice ..... Just a few clarifications . Intp in this thread by no means is heartless nor hes married and cheating on his wife...Although I do appreciate your analysis , and help, there is definately more to this situation than what was provided, not because I intentionally withheld info but bc no one can adequetly explain everything verbally... He's a good hearted man living an unbalanced life..

Btw No stalking has been done nor needed;)
Thanks for your time .