• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Lazy INTJs?

Zhuli Lily Askar

Anyone out there like me? Doesn't it burn you when you can't your brain working sometimes? Like I have to be active, someone with my mindset talk...I'm aching. No offense to non INTJs....I just...ughhhhhh

I can't do my work. It hurts. ><"

Stupid thread...can't help it < doom

Zhuli Lily Askar

you should become an INTP from now on.

...Um really? This is annoying. I used to think like that but it's more complicated than a P/J thing. It's about cognitive functions. Is not knowing when to start partially a laziness thing? Because it's a big part of my inability thing. It's like I'm afraid everything else will disappear if I focus on one thing. It may be worth it for a while but I'm not sure and too afraid to move. Not normal? Or just LAZY? Is this INTP??? Oh god......

Within

Permabanned
...Um really? This is annoying. I used to think like that but it's more complicated than a P/J thing. It's about cognitive functions. Is not knowing when to start partially a laziness thing? Because it's a big part of my inability thing. It's like I'm afraid everything else will disappear if I focus on one thing. It may be worth it for a while but I'm not sure and too afraid to move. Not normal? Or just LAZY? Is this INTP??? Oh god......

I've heard what you're describing from one of my closest friends who's also an INTJ, when he told me this I got the feeling that he was reliving himself and almost shamed for admitting it finally. That said I can myself relate to what you're saying. I consider myself pretty hedonistic and lazy to be honest. The things that other people need discipline to do comes naturally to me. Well that's like 1/4 of the cake.
I guess the other two parts of that pastry is neuroticism and flow. The last slice is is just pure laziness.

How old are you Zhuli? I'm asking out of personal curiosity

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I can't believe I actually have to type this out, but anyone/type can be lazy...

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lazyness is a kind of hubris. Find a motivation worth striving for. If you don't you'll never reach your potential. Use that Ni to create a strong realistic vision of what you want it to be like. Then, it just becomes about following your vision kind of like how you allow yourself "mental wanderings" now. It's fun!

Zhuli Lily Askar

Lazyness is a kind of hubris. Find a motivation worth striving for. If you don't you'll never reach your potential. Use that Ni to create a strong realistic vision of what you want it to be like. Then, it just becomes about following your vision kind of like how you allow yourself "mental wanderings" now. It's fun!

I'm not sure it's worth the time. I'm worried to spend time doing big things but somehow not worried about spending just as much time doing small things here and there. Like hanging around forums.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I've heard what you're describing from one of my closest friends who's also an INTJ, when he told me this I got the feeling that he was reliving himself and almost shamed for admitting it finally. That said I can myself relate to what you're saying. I consider myself pretty hedonistic and lazy to be honest. The things that other people need discipline to do comes naturally to me. Well that's like 1/4 of the cake.
I guess the other two parts of that pastry is neuroticism and flow. The last slice is is just pure laziness.

'm 16. Are you curious because you thought I'm not an adult? I don't quite get the meaning here. :)

Zhuli Lily Askar

'm 16. Are you curious because you thought I'm not an adult? I don't quite get the meaning here. :)

Within

Permabanned

I'm not the critique here. I was asking because I was identifying with what you wrote, at a younger age. I suspected that you were around 15~ years of age. From what I could decipher from your posts. I went through it all with a few scars that I deserved, and a few ones that I couldn't avoid. If you desire situation analysis I can provide it through PM.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I'm not the critique here. I was asking because I was identifying with what you wrote, at a younger age. I suspected that you were around 15~ years of age. From what I could decipher from your posts. I went through it all with a few scares that I deserved, and a few ones that I couldn't avoid. If you desire situation analysis I can provide it through PM.

Never said you were. PM-ing you.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I wonder... in recent years I've grown weary of the built in pressure to complete, and the concomitant almost daily self-criticism that supports it, the sense of not having done enough or of having wasted time. I don't imagine it will ever go away though.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

Can't speak for them, obviously, but something about you does seem very young and unsure, particularly this shame over laziness.

Back on topic, laziness comes in any type. Don't let MBTI profiles talking about workaholic/June Cleaver types let you think otherwise.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I wonder... in recent years I've grown weary of the built in pressure to complete, and the concomitant almost daily self-criticism that supports it, the sense of not having done enough or of having wasted time. I don't imagine it will ever go away though.

This is was I'm afraid of will happen to me. I'm afraid it won't go away.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Can't speak for them, obviously, but something about you does seem very young and unsure, particularly this shame over laziness.

Back on topic, laziness comes in any type. Don't let MBTI profiles talking about workaholic/June Cleaver types let you think otherwise.

I know but I thought an INTJ would see the problem in more similar way as me...Or that it would be caused be a similar reason and have a similar solution. For some reason I thought it was best that I was scene as older, forgot why LOL. INTJs here are so different than personalitycafe....

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know but I thought an INTJ would see the problem in more similar way as me...Or that it would be caused be a similar reason and have a similar solution. For some reason I thought it was best that I was scene as older, forgot why LOL. INTJs here are so different than personalitycafe....

Just out of curiosity, in what way are they different? Can you elaborate?

There's nothing wrong with being young. Make the most of it, I say.

Zhuli Lily Askar

Just out of curiosity, in what way are they different? Can you elaborate?

There's nothing wrong with being young. Make the most of it, I say.

I know there's nothing wrong with actually being young....UGH. There was a reason, is this the way you can be cursed by Ni? I always forget the "proof part" and than look stupid! I mean of course people vary on any forum but here the INTJs seem more relaxed and more well rounded. And more serious, there most of the one's I see posting seem to act like the stereotypes. I don't know how to explain. I can feel it though. >< I'll figure it out later.