• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Lazy INTJs?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know there's nothing wrong with actually being young....UGH. There was a reason, is this the way you can be cursed by Ni? I always forget the "proof part" and than look stupid! I mean of course people vary on any forum but here the INTJs seem more relaxed and more well rounded. And more serious, there most of the one's I see posting seem to act like the stereotypes. I don't know how to explain. I can feel it though. >< I'll figure it out later.

No, don't worry, I get what you mean.

I assume they're pushing the Mr. Darcy/Lex Luthor angle, then.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I know there's nothing wrong with actually being young....UGH. There was a reason, is this the way you can be cursed by Ni? I always forget the "proof part" and than look stupid! I mean of course people vary on any forum but here the INTJs seem more relaxed and more well rounded. And more serious, there most of the one's I see posting seem to act like the stereotypes. I don't know how to explain. I can feel it though. >< I'll figure it out later.

I have always wondered this, too. I am in an identical situation and am only figuring out what I need to move. Stop thinking and start doing. Truly. Te the shit out of stuff. Just act. I feel it is obvious that you have thought plenty on this topic. At this point stop thinking about it and do anything and just keep doing and then when it is all done reflect. ONLY at the end. Take a card from your extroverted brethren.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I have always wondered this, too. I am in an identical situation and am only figuring out what I need to move. Stop thinking and start doing. Truly. Te the shit out of stuff. Just act. I feel it is obvious that you have thought plenty on this topic. At this point stop thinking about it and do anything and just keep doing and then when it is all done reflect. ONLY at the end. Take a card from your extroverted brethren.

Don't even respond to my post. With thoughts on whether it is true. Just act. Don't reflect on these words. They don't mean anymore than what they actually mean.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I want to so badly. It's so scary, I can't!!!! Maybe I'm INTP. NO. I don't HAVE Te at all! NO! I Need it.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is was I'm afraid of will happen to me. I'm afraid it won't go away.

It doesn't. But it is (or it can be) closely related to your ability to choose and direct change. So as you become more attuned to the way things work and gaining opportunities to decide your own course of action, the less it "hurts".

And excuse me while a rant a moment but the NFs are fond of calling this our "gooey center", and such a sobriquet so very much misses the essential connection to action, you'd think they were doing it on purpose, the freaks. *huff, huff, huff* <- blowing their houses down.

Think big, choose wisely, take a few chances... the question of "lazy" goes away and becomes.... something else.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I want to so badly. It's so scary, I can't!!!! Maybe I'm INTP. NO. I don't HAVE Te at all! NO! I Need it.

I have always been afraid of testing myself, because no one likes failing. And it isn't to say that you will fail, but it is always there as a possibility, but ignore it. Who really gives a shit, besides you. You don't count in this instance, because if you count then well you won't act.

Trust Thyself.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I have always been afraid of testing myself, because no one likes failing. And it isn't to say that you will fail, but it is always there as a possibility, but ignore it. Who really gives a shit, besides you. You don't count in this instance, because if you count then well you won't act.

Trust Thyself.

But I....matter right? You see I used to not think that. Than I started hanging around brainwashing people and being too nice and believing them. I always act when I have to because....and then in the middle I realize if I'd just..... DDDDD; And I lose stuff I could have done. Oh, hurts.

kevinlivecomau

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w6
I am also an INTJ, I'm not exactly lazy however it is difficult to force myself to do something in which I lack interest in. It is essential for me to have a direction and a motive in order to function in a productive manner.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

But I....matter right? You see I used to not think that. Than I started hanging around brainwashing people and being too nice and believing them. I always act when I have to because....and then in the middle I realize if I'd just..... DDDDD; And I lose stuff I could have done. Oh, hurts.

You do matter, because you are the point, but you can't place value in the actual object, or your actual goal, but in yourself. And possibilities will dwindle, and you might not have chosen the appropriate one, but make note of it and keep your eyes forward.

Zhuli Lily Askar

You do matter, because you are the point, but you can't place value in the actual object, or your actual goal, but in yourself. And possibilities will dwindle, and you might not have chosen the appropriate one, but make note of it and keep your eyes forward.

I wish I could hypnotize myself into doing what you just described well.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wish I could hypnotize myself into doing what you just described well.

I think you are putting too much on to this laziness. The more you speak and the more you elaborate the more it grows and seems unsurmountable. Just look at what is in front of you right now and focus. Not on what it could be, or what it means to you, but work with what actually exists in front of you.

There is no rush, that makes it seem doubly worse.

Zhuli Lily Askar

I think you are putting too much on to this laziness. The more you speak and the more you elaborate the more it grows and seems unsurmountable. Just look at what is in front of you right now and focus. Not on what it could be, or what it means to you, but work with what actually exists in front of you.

There is no rush, that makes it seem doubly worse.

This is fantastic, that's what I've been doing .... for 2 year. XX"
And than I discover what I've lost and...than I think more. Watch me live a worthless life.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone out there like me? Doesn't it burn you when you can't your brain working sometimes? Like I have to be active, someone with my mindset talk...I'm aching. No offense to non INTJs....I just...ughhhhhh

I can't do my work. It hurts. ><"

Stupid thread...can't help it < doom
This is not so much laziness as inertia. When I experience something similar, it is not because I am reluctant to do work and put out effort, but simply that when the project is large, I don't know where and how to start. The key lies in your later comment about being willing to tackle small activities but not large ones. You must turn the large activity into smaller, more manageable pieces by breaking it up into its component tasks and determining which sequence to perform them in. This analysis itself is the first small task. I find once I have done this, I am over the hurdle and can dive in and start working off individual subtasks.

Put more briefly, it involves harnessing Te to make some external objective sense out of your Ni ideas, so they become more manageable and can actually be implemented.

Zhuli Lily Askar

This is not so much laziness as inertia. When I experience something similar, it is not because I am reluctant to do work and put out effort, but simply that when the project is large, I don't know where and how to start. The key lies in your later comment about being willing to tackle small activities but not large ones. You must turn the large activity into smaller, more manageable pieces by breaking it up into its component tasks and determining which sequence to perform them in. This analysis itself is the first small task. I find once I have done this, I am over the hurdle and can dive in and start working off individual subtasks.

Put more briefly, it involves harnessing Te to make some external objective sense out of your Ni ideas, so they become more manageable and can actually be implemented.

That's what I do but I get so nervous and unsure of what to do that it takes me so much longer. I start dreaming up fantasies that have nothing to do with it for some reason. As if I'm trying to escape. I even call this laziness. It's like this with everyone but so much worse with me. I think it's partial laziness because it I wasn't at all than I wouldn't care about putting in work for nothing because I'd fail not doing work either way. And I'd be willing to at least try. This means I'm a coward on top of it.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Zhuli, aren't you still a teen? Teens are always relatively lazy compared to later in life, also later in life you become less lazy out of necessity.

Also, lazy INTJs ain't got NUTHIN on a lazy INTP. So find some solace in that's :alttongue:

Zhuli Lily Askar

Zhuli, aren't you still a teen? Teens are always relatively lazy compared to later in life, also later in life you become less lazy out of necessity.

Also, lazy INTJs ain't got NUTHIN on a lazy INTP. So find some solace in that's :alttongue:

I am 16.
....That disturbs me somehow. As if I'm lowering my standards. That's the worse thing that could happen because the me inside here knows what happens when I lower my standards for whatever reason. Mustn't do that. If I'm an excellent teen I'll be an even more excellent adult because it all adds up.