• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do NTs ask stupid questions?

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Errr... Its a common euphemism.

Common in the sense of "Ordinary". Would the ordinary person know or understand this.

As an example.

I walk out of a club with my girlfriend, its 2am. Some poor english speaking person says "need a taxi" and girlfriend says "what about it to me" (Like should we). To which I say "Do you have any common sense".

1) Plenty of women have been raped by unregistered taxi drivers.
2) The person isn't even English or have the right to abode (most likely)
3) Its illegal to tout for work (off the street) as an unregistered cab driver.

Most attractive women that had any sense of being streetwise would know this, the ones that lack common sense are the ones getting raped. Nobody jumps into unregistered taxis, especially if they are a very attractive woman.

That is lack of common sense.

In terms of your semantics over sense and logic, try interpreting general sayings in the manner in which they are commonly used. Common sense is an intuitive understanding of risk and issues etc, it doesn't require a thought out logical process on a conscious level.

Ps: She's my ex g/f now, the lack of common sense just did my head in.

Your argument is valid, though debatable.
I am certainly willing to use the term in its common way. I simply argued about the semantics because your earlier blanket statement sounded too much like a declaration of certainty of the meaning.

Seeing that, I had to prove you wrong by putting forth a valid argument for the opposite. ;)

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, yeah, the evil overlord is right and you know it :devil:

Then I must be the evil overlord. Remember that I proved you wrong.

I'm glad though you snapped out of that "moment of madness" with a pedantic INTP type argument.. :D

Madness? No, just my Te asserting itself.

Lets face it, some people are just simply blind to potential danger.... Its really scary to be honest. Bit like gullible people... they trust people, and those same people prey on them.

I know that, and I pity you for it.

MLB FANATIC

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6W1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, we do. Maybe not as frequently as others may, but we do.
It happens, we're human.
This is off topic & I'm sure It'll get yanked but I'm tossing it out anyhow .....
What is annoying as shit, though, is witnessing every other INTJ toot their own horn concerning their IQ. In my opinion, if a person has to mention how this & that they are while posting a response in a thread {in which the question / subject bears no resemblance to being the least bit interested in their IQ} , there's some insecurities floating around, LOL.

To all of the INTJ's who do this : Every other MBTI type received the memo. We're smart. I think they get it.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my experience, I do. I like to get down to the very basics of something, and so I ask questions everyone else carries inside them but are too afraid to ask because it makes them look stupid. I want knowledge but I have no desire to appear knowledgeable.

rav3n

I often find myself disagreeing with conventional wisdumbs since they're often oversimplifications or hasty generalizations. One such is calories in/calories out. This has been proven to be untrue by science.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ask questions as a last resort. Ive turned to google over the years too. I find people increasingly unreliable.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Ti types can look like they're asking stupid questions because they seek to know things for the simple sake of knowing, no matter how obvious or insignificant it may seem to Te types.