• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] thinking about losing contact with my sister for good

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
-never listen to me
-everytime I talk to her she makes me angry
-never helps me
-always calls me everytime she feel the emotional needs(her social life) but when I call her she always hang up or gotta go
-every little thing she does pisses the hell out of me and it's all for her own act

I agree that every person is self-centered but I don't think she even cares for me. I just feel betray around her. I know it's her life and it's her money. If it's her life I do not want to be part of it, let her do whatever the f*&k she wants just don't get me involved.

worse part is she actually believes she's a good sister or everything she does is for a good cause. "the problem couldn't be me, the problem is never me"

Anyone eles just drop a family member? she's ESFJ btw
I just don't see the harm of losing contact with her, since I can't stand her it makes sense to never see her and talk to her. Only thing that would make things difficult is around holidays when I won't visit when she's around.

I'm not in a healthy mental state and it bothers me that I can't get along with people even my own family. I always have something I dislike about everyone. When I dislike them I don't wanna deal with them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever addressed the problem with her?

That was my question.

I mean, toss it out there: "Right now, regardless of who you think is right or wrong, I'm really frustrated by how we relate to each other, and if things do not change ASAP, you're going to lose me. If you want to help me fix this, let's do it; otherwise, let's just stay away from each other."

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You say you are in an unhealthy place, maybe cutting your sister out during that isn't the beat idea.

Why do you mention "it's her money"?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you mention "it's her money"?

That's a good question too.

It sounds like the OP feels she has let him down / focused on herself when he needed her.

Anyway, clarification is good.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As do 75% of the people in America.

You don't?

Nicodemus

I told her why I resent her. What can change though? she is who she is.
If you resent her as a whole, there is indeed nothing she can do about it. But if there is something more specific about her that you resent, she may be able to work on it. People occasionally do make conscious decisions.

Also, I suspect there is more about you that requires work than about her.