• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Is it common for a woman to battle being typed as an NT?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Battling is the wrong word for sure, I just considered a lot of other possibilities before settling.

Nonetheless, I had a similar issue typing as INTP, although my problem was that it took me a lot longer than others to really become self aware enough to type myself.

I went through a wide varieties of typings, "certain" initially that I had to be a feeler despite, of the cognitive functions, really only relating at all to Ti. It didn't seem realistic to type as a NT type because, comparatively to the stereotypes, I'm pretty ok with the emotions of other (ie. I'm relatively considerate and I tend to adapt to expectation), I don't lack empathy, and I'm not constantly berated for being offensive. Realistically though, all my pitfalls fall in the range of a high Ti user and a lot of my upbringing really aided me in having the ability to deal with others emotions decently. I only realized this when I immediately lost the ability as soon as I didn't have to be lel (ie. it's not a natural talent of mine apparently). Anyhow, female socialization effects most women (though not all clearly), so it's not uprising that a female NT might not relate to some of the more extreme traits associated with NT types.

Aetheria

MBTI Type
INTP
I don’t know what there would be to “battle” or how that would be done. Happy to be an INTP. Philosophical & fun. Maybe I mean “fun” in a philosophical way, or “philosophical” in a fun way, or both. Not sure. 🤷‍♀️😊

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Fighting being typed as NT is def. not rational. So, could be an xntj then.