• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Are INTP women passive in relationships?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm mostly interested in knowing how INTP women are, specially when younger, when it comes to relationships. I'm interested in one, and I have good reasons to believe she is interested too, but I always have to initiate everything. She's usually receptive, including about my ideas of meeting each other again, but she doesn't seem to mind a month or more without contact. And this isn't new, it seems to be her standard mode. Otoh, I know for sure that her life is pretty busy - she has a lot of projects. She is a) going for another degree, b) training for marathons, c) studying to become a diplomat; and I think she's still working. :shock:
To cut a long story short, we've met online a couple of years ago and dated briefly, but the distance made the relationship illogical, so to speak. We only met once.

Is this behavior normal? Perhaps having a relationship isn't a big priority in her life? Does/Can that change?
Thoughts?

Thanks.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a female INTP friend. With people she really wants to hang out with/be with, she likes almost a daily interaction. However, she also desires her space and independence when in a relationship, to the point where she wants to be with her s.o. less than they might want to be with her. In other words, it's completely subjective, lol, and intense--possibly daily--but on her schedule. Perhaps she can be more daily with her friends because she knows that won't encroach too much on her need to be independent, versus needing to put some necessary space there for her s.o., whom she will be closer with.

She also seems to have a hard time letting go of bad relationships, moreso than other types. Not sure if that's just her life situation/ego though.

haven't known many intp womenz tho. :( Salome being my true love :wubbie:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a tendency towards passivity. I'm inclined to just wait for someone to invite me or wait for them to start conversation with me. I'm working on being more proactive in initiating some social gathering. I also need alot of independence and personal space so even in my relationships, there is a tendency for the other person to want more contact than I do.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not passive in a relationship but it may come across that way initially because I'm weighing out everything. Once it is officially a relationship, I'm not passive at all. Independent and wanting distance more than most people do? Yes.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the answers. :)

amthcaictm

MBTI Type
intp
hate to be where we are not wanted. we see also social encounters as choices and are confused by other types and their sense of social obligation. we are forever confused about the state of a relationship and your feelings cause you spend too much time giving us non verbal it indirect information. you must be very overt, very blunt, very verbal. how do you feel what do you want why am I here.... we also prefer to only spend our valuable and rare slonetime only on people that can appreciate our value.