• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Common INTJ Issues

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
A lot of issues that INTJs have relate to Ni taking an overly dominant role in their personality. Some examples of this:

Don't listen to other perspectives - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they think.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

Edit: So, a lot of this is standard INTJ profile stuff. Do you agree with this? Do you see other issues? The thread is targeted at both INTJs and non-INTJs to comment on.

I'm sure the non-INTJs should have plenty to say.
Yes to all of this. I've come off as an asinine prick for most of my life not realizing it and now I'm a bit insecure about my delivery since I don't wish to alienate my future minions. How can they become my minions without first becoming my "friends."

Skimt

When INTP's write code like:

Python:
a_h = 1
a_w = 15

Instead of the correct way:

C#:
public class Animal
{
    public int Height { get; set; }
    public int Weight { get; set; }
}

Animal animal = new Animal();
animal.Height = 1;
animal.Weight = 15;

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When INTP's write code like:

Python:
a_h = 1
a_w = 15

Instead of the correct way:

C#:
public class Animal
{
    public int Height { get; set; }
    public int Weight { get; set; }
}

Animal animal = new Animal();
animal.Height = 1;
animal.Weight = 15;
Is this about languages or object-orientation?

If it is about languages, it depends whether the lack of ambiguity (and thus the prevention of bugs stemming from ambiguity) is more beneficial than the longer amount of time it takes to write the code.

I could see how a more explicit approach could be useful if many different people are involved in a project due to the elimination of ambiguity.

Skimt

Is this about languages or object-orientation?

If it is about languages, it depends whether the lack of ambiguity (and thus the prevention of bugs stemming from ambiguity) is more beneficial than the longer amount of time it takes to write the code.

I could see how a more explicit approach could be useful if many different people are involved in a project due to the elimination of ambiguity.
Yes, ambiguity revolving the code's intention, as a_h could mean anything. animalHeight would be preferable at the very least, but usually the code ends up bloated with acronyms, which is energy consuming. Maintenance is a major part of my job, and when there's not a tech report, or commentary, or even proper variable descriptions to describe their intentions, I hope that something bad happens to the former dev. Something worse than stepping on a lego.

If all you need is to write a Hello World application, then OOP is bloat, yes.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, ambiguity revolving the code's intention, as a_h could mean anything. animalHeight would be preferable at the very least, but usually the code ends up bloated with acronyms, which is energy consuming. Maintenance is a major part of my job, and when there's not a tech report, or commentary, or even proper variable descriptions to describe their intentions, I hope that something bad happens to the former dev. Something worse than stepping on a lego.

If all you need is to write a Hello World application, then OOP is bloat, yes.
Oh, I agree with that. I try to put some thought into my variable names (as well as include commentary when I feel clarification is needed), so hopefully you would not wish you for my assassination.

I also adhere to linting recommendations most of the time.