User Tag List

First 27353637

Results 361 to 370 of 370

  1. #361
    Senior Member Non_xsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    Fool
    Posts
    369

    Default

    I always have to light more posibilities to my Intj dad , They can't abstract very fast so they need a litle time to think .
    But man they are very fast to create a reality that they are the center of the universe xD.

  2. #362
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    POS
    Posts
    7

    Default

    By Issues: I shall assume you mean hilarious crap I've witnessed from intjs ? OKAY.

    -ALL of the clothes and combovers.
    -When you guys are forced to emotionally comfort someone via social convention.
    -Trying to be subtle or indirect.
    -When you finally 'cut-loose' or get super drunk lol.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam, YOUR FACE

  3. #363
    Senior Member Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    This is fascinating to me. I hope I'm not derailing here. INTJs are intelligent and analytical and introverted. If you spend a lot of time alone how do you not understand yourself to a fair degree? Please don't be offended by this I'm not judging, I'm trying to grasp it. Is it because you spend so much time analyzing and compiling data about external information that you overlook your internal processes? Or is it because understanding yourself means dealing with and understanding emotions? Or both?
    You weren't asking me but here goes. Solitude for me is often used to understand the world, a particular issue or whatever. I suppose personal insight about oneself could come from that but at least in my case that isn't really the goal. To your point however, this is how I came about studying MBTI, Typing and the rest because I was kind of fed up with not understanding other people.

    It's been rather comforting to know that there's nothing wrong with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Couldn't this be fairly true of ISTJs as well? I would think these would all be common issues for either.
    My experience with ISTJ's has been that they're governed almost by pragmatism. I think a lot of INTJ's could more often be categorized as a twisted sort of idealism.

    When presented with a new method, an ISTJ might say "The old way has been proven to work on a reliable basis." In that same situation, an INTJ's answer might be "My way works better". An ISTJ might seek to maintain something familiar as long as it's functional. But an INTJ might be willing to take a risk on a new approach to something which might work better.

    We're both data-driven but I think ISTJ's simply use data differently. ISTJ's use data to perfect a system whereas INTJ's might use data to create a new system.



    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    More like socially recalcitrant. Even when we know what people want or expect us to do socially, we often won't do it because it is "stupid".
    God yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by JihadiJohn View Post
    Close-minded, think they're always right, narcissistic, dogmatic, illogical, if they're called out on their crap they say "you're misunderstanding me" as a way to shirk off any sort of criticism or responsibility for their actions.
    This ignores the possibility that you might actually be misunderstanding them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ASophisticatedZebra View Post
    By Issues: I shall assume you mean hilarious crap I've witnessed from intjs ? OKAY.

    -ALL of the clothes and combovers.
    -When you guys are forced to emotionally comfort someone via social convention.
    -Trying to be subtle or indirect.
    -When you finally 'cut-loose' or get super drunk lol.
    True.

    It's true.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post

  4. #364
    Senior Member Non_xsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    Fool
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Can Intj write something good ? .. really anything of what they said can be alot shorter , still they make it alot longer just to bore people ( most of the time the concept they try to explain is really a joke).

  5. #365
    악마 오징어 Earl Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    837 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,110

    Default

    My biggest issues with INTJs:
    - they solve all the problems
    - goddammit
    - much direct
    - very effective
    - various wow
    - kneel before the master race



    Kidding.

    Generally I'd only have problems if they
    - have high Te with no Fi to accompany it, or
    - if they are too socially/environmentally aloof that it cripples themselves (high Ni-Fi lower Te, dead Se? Not sure).
    - the elitist ones (few needles in between the INTJ haystack)

    I think I've barely found any who are that bad, though...? Mostly young'uns, who might not even be INTJ for sure.
    Even if I try rack my head for something particularly negative I can't really find any aside from the elitism. Even the more common stuff like 'intellectual arrogance' is not isolated to INTJs (though I can't recall ever finding any like that. Ironically I've seen more IXFJ being intellectually arrogant than INTJs, the INTJs I have met just know their shit, no need to flaunt).
    A707
    수상한 파티로 널 초대할게

  6. #366
    Senior Member Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Non_xsense View Post
    Can Intj write something good ? .. really anything of what they said can be alot shorter , still they make it alot longer just to bore people ( most of the time the concept they try to explain is really a joke).
    Know! Reading are very harderest, yes?
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?

  7. #367
    Senior Member Non_xsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MBTI
    Fool
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Know! Reading are very harderest, yes?
    can intj be 1w2 ? that is boring man ... almost any intj or intp i know is 5wsomeshit , Any Nt without 5 E is just like a dog without tail.

  8. #368
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Ni-Te tends to be impractical. They'll get some trouble with practical aspect, unless they successfully works on their unconscious side.

  9. #369
    Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You weren't asking me but here goes. Solitude for me is often used to understand the world, a particular issue or whatever. I suppose personal insight about oneself could come from that but at least in my case that isn't really the goal. To your point however, this is how I came about studying MBTI, Typing and the rest because I was kind of fed up with not understanding other people.

    It's been rather comforting to know that there's nothing wrong with me.

    My experience with ISTJ's has been that they're governed almost by pragmatism. I think a lot of INTJ's could more often be categorized as a twisted sort of idealism.

    When presented with a new method, an ISTJ might say "The old way has been proven to work on a reliable basis." In that same situation, an INTJ's answer might be "My way works better". An ISTJ might seek to maintain something familiar as long as it's functional. But an INTJ might be willing to take a risk on a new approach to something which might work better.

    We're both data-driven but I think ISTJ's simply use data differently. ISTJ's use data to perfect a system whereas INTJ's might use data to create a new system.



    God yes.

    This ignores the possibility that you might actually be misunderstanding them.

    True.

    It's true.
    Oof those things under a spoiler is exactly why I miss having an INTJ person to run to. Such strategic genius.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

    Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken
    Likes Magnus liked this post

  10. #370
    Ex Tenebris Wunjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Highly relatable for two years, gets intenfisied periodically. Would not really thought that a crisis would finally help me to pin down my type for good.

    I won't be around, but everyone should know that everything is either under control or soon to be tamed. Cheers.


    "INTJs will often stress when we experience powerlessness or lack of control, incompetence, and lack of knowledge :

    Something has gone wrong in an interpersonal relationship that brought about all of these new feelings they couldn’t avoid, no matter how hard they tried
    Required to alter their plans or are given limited time to adjust to variationsd
    Dealing with details and realities
    Poor performance by co-workers that affects results or violates standards, thus achieving less than desirable results
    Noise, distractions, disorganization, and having to extravert too much

    WHEN AFFECTED BY STRESS, AN INTJ WILL OFTEN…

    As mentioned, the INTJ often attempts to escape from the outside world by retreating deeply into their own mind and space, so the INTJ will behave more according to type when under greater stress. For example, in a crisis, the INTJ might:

    retire to a private place and think through a problem until the INTJ has formulated a complete plan for solving it
    try to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution
    criticise others’ ideas, particularly if they involve compromising quality
    make errors of fact, or pursue ideas that are unrealistic

    However, eventually, if their mind and space themselves becomes too stressful, they may seek to escape just as extremely back in the other direction. Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INTJ’s shadow may appear - an unhealthy ESFP. Example characteristics are:

    doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
    acting very impulsively, perhaps starting off more projects than the INTJ could hope to accomplish
    expressing emotions in an intensive and uncontrolled way
    being very sensitive to criticism
    asking for lots of information that is irrelevant
    gather details to support their self-destructive behavior and attack their self-image
    becoming preoccupied with the cause of their stress and have trouble focusing their energy on work
    mentally reviews issues which lead to sleepless nights
    with chronic stress, become irritable, tired, tense, or angry

    It is as if shadows only come forward under certain circumstances. We usually experience these processes in a negative way, yet when we are open to them, they can be quite positive.

    or…

    I like how a fellow INTJ puts it in her “stages of degeneration”

    1. Fatigue

    2. Irritability

    3. Feeling of being near to tears if I can’t get some quiet time

    4. Sense of impending implosion nearing and a desperate attempt to fix it before it happens. Possible anger/ short fuse.

    5. Denial that anything is wrong. Grasp the Te by the horns and FORCE it to keep going forward. After all, feelings are just feelings and when things need to be done, the feelings have to take a back seat. A short lived triumph at pushing on is soon replaced by a frantic thought of ‘I can’t do this…’ which is even more scary because I like to feel like I can do anything. In fact… during times of stress I’ve said that phrase to myself so often that it has blurred into one word. “Icandothis. Icandothis.” I am Near panic.

    6. Complete surrender to all whims and desires. I am suddenly on a kind of ‘kamikaze’, hell bent trail to have ‘fun’ at any cost. I drink, I dance, I sing karaoke, I invite that guy over who stays on the ‘booty call’ list, I. I. I…. It becomes ALL about me (more so than usual) and it tends to happen very quickly… like a firecracker going off. Seems that the tighter I try to hold onto that ‘Icandothis’ stage, the harder it hits when I break.

    ...


    Ni: The Ni views the INTJ’s potential, seeing the best that they can possibly be, and therefore setting unrealistic expectations for themselves around these ideals. They are therefore disappointed in whatever their actual achievements are, because they see how they fall short. They also overanalyze everything in their life, often assuming negative things about how people view them/their own abilities and importance based on little to no evidence. They will extrapolate their current situations to long-term future situations (they may believe that since they feel sad now, they will always feel this way, and they may become convinced that they will never feel better). They generally look at things as absolute truths: life is meaningless, I am not a good person, etc. and tend to look at things in black and white (and usually come to the conclusion that things are “black”)

    Te: The Te refines the general standards that the INTJ sets, creating structured and organized plans and standards of what they need to achieve. These measurable outlets of success are used to redefine the INTJ’s standards of whether or not they are successful, or “enough”. They worry about being perceived outwardly as competent, intelligent, responsible, etc. and worry that others do not believe that they are these things. They try to deal with their feelings by throwing themselves into productivity and work.

    Fi: The INTJ begins to stew in their emotions, becoming very inwardly emotional as they revisit and continue to deal with their personal feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, depression, etc.. They will withdraw from others, choosing to completely wallow in their feelings. They will spend a lot of time merely considering how they feel about their current situation.

    Se: INTJ’s in an unhealthy state of mind will often overuse their inferior function. Therefore the INTJ may become overly indulgent and hedonistic in practices such as drinking, partying, hooking up with people, etc. in an attempt to "drown out their sorrows..."

    MBTI Database — INTJs in the Grip
    "The owl of Minerva spreads its wings only with the falling of the dusk."
    Likes Tilt liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Common ENFP issues
    By Cassandra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 781
    Last Post: 11-25-2017, 08:13 PM
  2. [ENFJ] Common ENFJ Issues
    By Domino in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 11-22-2017, 08:48 PM
  3. [INFJ] Common INFJ issues
    By Fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 686
    Last Post: 10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
  4. [INFP] Common INFP Issues
    By Seymour in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 10:43 PM
  5. [ENTP] The Limits of Awesomeness (alternatively, Common ENTP Issues)
    By Qre:us in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO