• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
No, nobody wins when they debate with an INTJ. The INTJ will continue to alienate themselves, repel the opposite sex, and gather enemies, and the person they're debating with will rightfully feel disrespected.

My INTJ father is this way. He has very strong viewpoints and kind of shuts out all other viewpoints that are not in line with his. He debates very passionately...almost appears angry...although I know he really isn't.

I'm a much more chill INTJ. I like listening to others' perspectives and opinions. There are times when I am 100% sure about something....and those few times I will really defend my viewpoint..but in a much more laidback way...I don't get all worked up about it. If the other party still disagrees after my (probably poor) explanation, I will usually just back off. However, if I have ANY doubt, even if it's 1% unsure, I will gladly listen to others' perspectives and try to look at the issue from as many angles as possible and gather as much information as I can from all parties to come to my own conclusion.

Also, there are INTJs who'll humbly admit they're wrong and those that don't. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong. Granted, you really have to have solid proof first. It's not out of arrogance...it's more of a desire for accuracy and a strong sense of justice/truth.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Exactly, a lot of INTJs introverted intuition goes to their head. After all, intuition as it pertains to the myers briggs, is the ability to know something without being able to explain why. This leads some INTJs to feel that they shouldn't have to explain why, or that they're right solely on the grounds of their intuitive hunch.

So many INTJs are abrasive know-it-alls, who actually know very little.

Wow...that is so spot on. I actually struggled so much with this at work. I knew WHY we should do something a certain way, and I knew it would be the BEST most efficient way, but it was so abstract in my mind that I couldn't possibly put it into words. None of my coworkers would "get it". :( Thank god for ENTJ supervisor who translated my abstractions to all the SJ's in the room! :doh:

I think this is one of the biggest reasons I've felt SO MISUNDERSTOOD in life. That goddamn intuition. Hmmm...hadn't thought of it like that before :)

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I have nothing against INTJs. One thing Ive found interesting is the INTP/INTJ dynamic, where I come up with the idea and the INTJ defines my thinking. I can be in many directions and see many possibilties while the INTJ is faster than me to come to the right conclusion of those possibilities.

One thing for me is their sometimes a little rigid not wanting to go further into exploring possibilities when they mean they have formulated the best of the possibilities. I think its their biggest weakness, when they think that they are better than you in decisionmaking or said in other words when they trust their decisions too much. They are very directive sometimes in their handling of other people, but at times when they relax are some of the greatest people to be around for an intp

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
[Long rant about being defeated in arguments]

YouTube - Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Wow...that is so spot on. I actually struggled so much with this at work. I knew WHY we should do something a certain way, and I knew it would be the BEST most efficient way, but it was so abstract in my mind that I couldn't possibly put it into words. None of my coworkers would "get it". :( Thank god for ENTJ supervisor who translated my abstractions to all the SJ's in the room! :doh:

I think this is one of the biggest reasons I've felt SO MISUNDERSTOOD in life. That goddamn intuition. Hmmm...hadn't thought of it like that before :)

Lrn2Te. Ni really is the divine function once you figure out how to articulate and explain your lightning fast abstractions. It has helped me ace every extemporaneous exam I've had up to this point.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTJ will continue to alienate themselves, repel the opposite sex, and gather enemies

It's quite funny. I should be offended after reading this, but the only thing I feel is satisfaction. Is there a doctor in the house? :D

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Um, I just wanted to interrupt this broadcast to tell you all I really wanted some more cereal. I didn't know where else to put this announcement, so I figured I would sling it into the "Hate INTJ" thread. Seemed oddly appropriate.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
This thread just makes me... :cry:
Don't you guys have any feelings? It's so hard being an INTJ... You know.. knowing everything about everything all the time.. and being like a god (thank you Lex for opening my eyes to that).. you other types couldn't handle the pressure!!! None of you could EVER handle the pressure of our greatness! Being perfect all the time is hard! :wacko:

Therefore I am going to help you bitches out and enlighten you! You should all read this book if you're having problems with your INTJs... it's also quite useful for most other types as well :devil:

I%20brake%20for%20meltdowns.jpg

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah... that looks better.

Wait! I did know that! This guy on a forum one time told me I had spelt it wrong. ;)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

and forcifully's not a word. The "e" is on the other side of your keyboard, but you knew that, right?

Oh, and I'd advise taking out the 'and', or placing a subject in front of it that makes sense. Perhaps you could say "And I don't know how to spell." because your 'and' sounds like I'm making a list, which I am not. If you take out the 'and' then it's just a statement. A correct one at that. Oh and you don't need that apostrophe on 'forcifully'... sense you aren't saying that it possesses anything, unless not being a word is what it is possessing.

I'm kind of spicy today. Sorry about that.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
:doh: Have you never heard of contractions? I agree with the sentiment, though; I doubt kev can call himself a master grammarian. Don't throw bricks if you live in a glass house.

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh and you don't need that apostrophe on 'forcifully'... sense you aren't saying that it possesses anything...

Yay! Grammar and spelling correction day!!! Weeee!!

The word "sense" should probably be spelled "since".

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't. Forcefully... hm, alright.

Yeah... that looks better.

Wait! I did know that! This guy on a forum one time told me I had spelt it wrong. ;)

Oh, and I'd advise taking out the 'and', or placing a subject in front of it that makes sense. Perhaps you could say "And I don't know how to spell." because your 'and' sounds like I'm making a list, which I am not. If you take out the 'and' then it's just a statement. A correct one at that. Oh and you don't need that apostrophe on 'forcifully'... sense you aren't saying that it possesses anything, unless not being a word is what it is possessing.

I'm kind of spicy today. Sorry about that.

Whoa! simmer down fellow INTJ… it’s just a little spelling error..
Seriously check this out…

It's okay to make a mistake or dare I say actually even be wrong sometimes.. I think I have just the thing for you – trust me I’m gonna be a doctor so I know :devil:

Take two of these and call me in the morning…

Alessandra_Ambrosio_001.jpg

disclaimer: girl can be substituted for guy while supplies last. Spin-1/2-nuclei is not a real medical doctor so anything she says is probably complete bullshit (but she means well). All sales are final and all rights are reserved.

Little_Sticks

^ Anorexic women are gross :frown:

Stereotypical INTJs

Cons
1.- Aggressive by nature because society positively reinforces that shit
2.- Believes money is the ultimate truth and accumulating wealth and power justifies all their beliefs and actions as better and superior to everyone else's. This makes them even more aggressive and builds their Fi into a narcissistic Fi.
3.- Doesn't really give a shit about what anyone else thinks unless it in some way helps them acquire wealth and power
4.- They like pissing people off because that further reinforces their narcissistic side by making them think they are more in control of the world around them then all other types (including their own).
5.- Pretends to have feelings and give a shit since this helps them acquire wealth and power.
6.- Every motivation has to have a philosophical belief that involves INTJs somehow being superior to everyone else and needing to somehow correct and reshape the world to their liking. Sometimes they mistake this for a God complex and think they are God.
7.- Even in situations where they know very little about what is going on they default to 'playing the critic' and automatically thinking 'everyone is stupid' by directing everything to their own agendas of what they think should be done. And when it works out because no one else really gives a shit, they use this as proof of their brilliance.
8.- Even if shown to be wrong, somehow the mistake was a result of misinformation or misinterpretation or somehow plain incompetence of another person. To accept that one could be wrong goes against points 2, 6, and 7 accumulatively, so this must not happen. They only pretend to be open to everyone's thoughts and suggestions, but they already know why they are right. 'This is their Ni' they might sometimes say, especially if they aren't really sure of what the hell they are getting at or talking about; they can always, after the fact, reanalyze and backtrack everything to some kind of connection they now believe they had and proves how they were right all along, but just didn't know how to explain it to the inferiors.

Pros
- They help stay healthy and control the population by eating plenty of nutritious babies.

Oh, hi guys :hi:. How are all you INTJs doing this fine morning? Look at that nice weather. You nice intelligent fellows have a good day, ya' hear. :hi:

Edit: Awesome Thread btw.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No worries, check out the disclaimer... the girl can be exchanged for a guy so why not a different girl? it's all good. Chilax. :)
It is interesting, though.

They've done studies and women find a significantly thinner body shape to be ideal than males do.

I've always had this intuition, but it was cool that it was scientifically verified.

Men like women who appear fertile and healthy.

:yes:

/end tangent

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
^ Anorexic women are gross :frown:
I just HAD to comment on this. Not everyone who is THIN is automatically anorexic or has an eating disorder.

Back on topic:
Stereotypical INTJs

Cons
1.- Aggressive by nature because society positively reinforces that shit
2.- Believes money is the ultimate truth and accumulating wealth and power justifies all their beliefs and actions as better and superior to everyone else's. This makes them even more aggressive and builds their Fi into a narcissistic Fi.
3.- Doesn't really give a shit about what anyone else thinks unless it in some way helps them acquire wealth and power
4.- They like pissing people off because that further reinforces their narcissistic side by making them think they are more in control of the world around them then all other types (including their own).
5.- Pretends to have feelings and give a shit since this helps them acquire wealth and power.
6.- Every motivation has to have a philosophical belief that involves INTJs somehow being superior to everyone else and needing to somehow correct and reshape the world to their liking. Sometimes they mistake this for a God complex and think they are God.
7.- Even in situations where they know very little about what is going on they default to 'playing the critic' and automatically thinking 'everyone is stupid' by directing everything to their own agendas of what they think should be done. And when it works out because no one else really gives a shit, they use this as proof of their brilliance.
8.- Even if shown to be wrong, somehow the mistake was a result of misinformation or misinterpretation or somehow plain incompetence of another person. To accept that one could be wrong goes against points 2, 6, and 7 accumulatively, so this must not happen. They only pretend to be open to everyone's thoughts and suggestions, but they already know why they are right. 'This is their Ni' they might sometimes say, especially if they aren't really sure of what the hell they are getting at or talking about; they can always, after the fact, reanalyze and backtrack everything to some kind of connection they now believe they had and proves how they were right all along, but just didn't know how to explain it to the inferiors.

Pros
- They help stay healthy and control the population by eating plenty of nutritious babies.

Oh, hi guys :hi:. How are all you INTJs doing this fine morning? Look at that nice weather. You nice intelligent fellows have a good day, ya' hear. :hi:

Edit: Awesome Thread btw.
That is not a STEREOTYPICAL INTJ. That is one hell of an effed up and immature INTJ.

FWIW I could give two shits about wealth and power...and manipulating people for these? You've got to be kidding me.