• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] How Do ENTPs Cope Socially

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do ENTPs 'fit in'? We often feel like an odd person out or a fifth wheel.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
except when we re the central wheel. yes. I find new people. new is interesting.

R

Riva

I fit in quite well. However when I do stop to think whether I fit in I feel out of the picture (unless otherwise I am feeling extremely comfortable and homely.)

But it is not limited to ENTPs. Every person who would stops to think and sees even for a split second themselves as different from others would feel so.

Some would try to fit in more some others would drown in that feeling.

It is not an ENTP thing or ENTP only thing.

Infact I would say that it is highly unlikely would bother an ENTP compared to most other types.

ExxPs are one with the universe. ENTPs the most.

'ENTPs live in a world of imagination. This imagination applies to both the people and objects around them.' I know I do. And being an ENTP I rarely feel alone around others.

But INTPsss... Ah, they would simply be overwhelmed with this feeling I imagine.

Edit -

How strange it is that ENTPs and INTPs could be sooooo very different socially?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fit in quite well. However when I do stop to think whether I fit in I feel out of the picture (unless otherwise I am feeling extremely comfortable and homely.)

But it is not limited to ENTPs. Every person who would stops to think and sees even for a split second themselves as different from others would feel so.

Some would try to fit in more some others would drown in that feeling.

It is not an ENTP thing or ENTP only thing.

Infact I would say that it is highly unlikely would bother an ENTP compared to most other types.

ExxPs are one with the universe. ENTPs the most.

'ENTPs live in a world of imagination. This imagination applies to both the people and objects around them.' I know I do. And being an ENTP I rarely feel alone around others.

But INTPsss... Ah, they would simply be overwhelmed with this feeling I imagine.

Edit -

How strange it is that ENTPs and INTPs could be sooooo very different socially?

I'm curious..what's your enneagram?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I don't. I just speak out when I can't fit in.

You are like a puzzle piece, sometimes you can't force yourself to fit in to people who can't understand what you think.

I used to keep what i think silent and not speak out, but gradually its better to develop the courage to speak out, even if what you say is out of context with reality.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
except when we re the central wheel. yes. I find new people. new is interesting.

Haha...yep. If I find I don't fit in with a certain group of people anymore (it happens...people change over time) I just move on to a different crowd.

"Fitting in" is a very general term, anyway. You can stand out within a group of people while still being on the same wavelength as everyone else. Or you can fit in superficially while never truly feeling like you're a part of the group or like you connect with the others. Sounds to me like you kind of have that problem.

S

Society

either the center or the edge.

i'm not good with the gray area: if there's another alpha, conflicts become unavoidable, and someone will "win"... i've noticed that more often then not, in tight knit social groups, the key is the local ENFP.

i've even had some periods of being a loner, but they are usually transitional periods... only once did i ever feel "stuck in place", it wasn't a healthy state for me to be in.

i'm type 4, or tritype 4w5-7w8-8w7

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
either the center or the edge.

i'm not good with the gray area: if there's another alpha, conflicts become unavoidable, and someone will "win"... i've noticed that more often then not, in tight knit social groups, the key is the local ENFP.

i've even had some periods of being a loner, but they are usually transitional periods... only once did i ever feel "stuck in place", it wasn't a healthy state for me to be in.

i'm type 4, or tritype 4w5-7w8-8w7

Thanks Mane. I now realize I'm not good in the grey area either. Best to be the center or the outer wheel.