• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, do you like babies?

How do you deal with babies?

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Has anyone made the cannibalism joke yet?

No but I just wanted to :D.

I find the formulation on the poll options strange, makes me feel like a child-molester.

Of course I like babies and I babysit my niece regulary. They even let me do that alone, so I think I am good with that, I just do not feel a need to talk about it. And if its not my own, I'll prolly not brag about it either.
Biggest problem with babysitting for me is, who in that situation is the baby and who is not :D

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Except for the sound of there crying and that they cant clean up their own shit/piss, I prefer their company and honesty to adults.

So It Goes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
All the babies I've ever talked to never listen to me. They pretend to care, bobble their heads up-and-down, and coo for a bit. But I feel like I never really got to know them, understand their deep goals in life, and who they are as individuals. Sure, sure... the occasional peek-a-boo is fun, but I want more from a relationship. It's all take and no give. I even went to NurseryMatch.com to find babies with similar interests, but it never works out.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I love babies, and little kids in general. When I see my cousins, I spend more time with the five year old one than anyone else does, because little kids are so much fun. As for babies, I like to just look at them and admire them, although I do occasionally talk to them in a cute voice (I should have voted for that instead of none).

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Haha, when i was a little girl i only had one baby doll and i used to smash it's head against the wall. I hated it.

Luckily when i had my kids, i took appropriate responsibility.

I like babies but i especially like giving them back. I prefer older children (teenagers) as they are more independent and self reliant.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I picked "I do noone of the above" because I truly do no one of the above. Instead, I do all the above. I love babies, and making babies and raising babies. I do not however like many children or teens.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an SJ and I love babies. They're one of the best things in life.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Babies are weird. No, seriously. I don't hate them though. My friends seem to determined to make a lot of them. I'm a NF though, I have a strange affection for helpless things. Goofy baby smiles melt my heart. They are still weird though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would seem that from the poll that NTs may know how babby is formed... but they abstain mother.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thought this thread said "NTs, do you like rabies?"

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I hear they taste like pork. Probably full of homocompatible germs though.

R

Riva

A few years ago I didn't like them much.

But now I just love them.

Maybe it's my paternal instincts kicking in.

Edit -

I prefer kids more than babies though. Babies don't speak much.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like kids, but find babies a little daunting. Never quite sure how to hold them, or do with them for that matter. I do like caring for people though, and am looking forward to having my own someday.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like kids. I liked mine after I had them. I like them best when they are babies or teens. Kids in the 4-12 range mostly want to play and I am totally not interested.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if "like" is the word. I find them fun to watch for a bit, and they are a necessary stage in raising kids, but with my own kids, the older they got, the better things became. I liked the 3-6 years old stage better than the baby stage, because they become old enough to talk and not totally as dependent, and more remarkably you can see them learning something new each day. That's pretty amazing to see. And of course, then they become even older and eventually you can seen advanced reasoning and perception take hold and you start to catch more and more sight of the people they are becoming.

Kind of a long answer, but the deal is that the "baby" is the stage I preferred the least. It's all about total care, intense schedules (a three-hour sleep/play/eat cycle), etc.

Yep. I never liked babies (boring and labor-intensive), but I LOVE toddlers. Toddlers are nature's comedians. Then they grow out of that stage, and I'm bored again.

I don't like kids. I liked mine after I had them. I like them best when they are babies or teens. Kids in the 4-12 range mostly want to play and I am totally not interested.

Yes, OMG. They want to play SO MUCH. I'll play with a kid for about five minutes and then my brain withers and dies. Especially board games. Can you imagine how much you'd have to play with an only child?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes but not until I had my own.

Basically my INTJ mom's attitude. She said she loved having me and my brother but generally she's not that into kids/babies. I mean, she's ok with them, but she REALLY loves animals. She'd be gaga over puppies where she'd be polite about babies

Btw, I'm an NF who doesn't really know what to do with babies. They can be cute, but I'd rather not get too involved. :D Kids can be nice if they're reasonably well behaved and I can have a conversation with them. Babies seem like an awful lot of work though and I'm lacking in maternal instincts.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Basically my INTJ mom's attitude. She said she loved having me and my brother but generally she's not that into kids/babies. I mean, she's ok with them, but she REALLY loves animals. She'd be gaga over puppies where she'd be polite about babies

Btw, I'm an NF who doesn't really know what to do with babies. They can be cute, but I'd rather not get too involved. :D Kids can be nice if they're reasonably well behaved and I can have a conversation with them. Babies seem like an awful lot of work though and I'm lacking in maternal instincts.

My ENFJ is a wonderful daddy and little kids flock to him but he wasn't particularly comfortable with the baby stage. He likes them better when they can have a conversation and be somewhat self-sufficient. I'm much more mothering, I like the baby stage.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
is that to make them, eat them or nurse them?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am uncomfortable being around them because I have little to no mothering/protective instinct.