• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, do you like babies?

How do you deal with babies?

• Total voters

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
is that to make them, eat them or nurse them?

You make them, nurse them to fatten up, then eat them! It's like the height of cannibalism.

Hint: They are at their fattiest right at 9 months. Be sure to only give them breast milk and not introduce any solid foods if you're going to do this.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mmm that sounds that communism ;)
You make them, nurse them to fatten up, then eat them! It's like the height of cannibalism.

Hint: They are at their fattiest right at 9 months. Be sure to only give them breast milk and not introduce any solid foods if you're going to do this.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So much negativity on babies. Are we bad people? I thought everybody loved babies.
I don't love them, but I do feel responsible for them. By that I mean if I had to take care of one, I would take the responsibility very seriously. I also consider it important for babies to get a good start in life, and support local charities that help young families in need. I don't have to personally love the babies or find them cute to do any of this, though.

Like some of the others here, I do enjoy older kids, though, ones I can talk with. I volunteer in schools (K-12), and am continually amazed by how bright and engaging kids can be, what great questions they ask, how eager some of them are to learn and experience new things. Much better than adults in this respect.

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an NF and I love babies, human and animal alike!! They're cute and they don't talk back to me. Though I actually think I prefer puppies to babies. And I don't want to have more than 3 kids, ideally 2.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Children are adorable in small doses, but I like having the option of giving them back to their parents after awhile.

I recently acted as a sort of surrogate daddy to my nieces and nephews while their father was living in another state for about a year; it was a difficult and not altogether fun transition going from an indulgent but distant uncle to responsible parental figure, but now that they've moved (to Alaska!), I find that I miss the experience.

As for babies specifically, their constant state of need is intimidating to me, and while some are cute, most actually kinda look like bald old men to me. Cats are much cuter.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I like them..cute ones especially :) They're cuddly.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't love them, but I do feel responsible for them. By that I mean if I had to take care of one, I would take the responsibility very seriously. I also consider it important for babies to get a good start in life...
am continually amazed by how bright and engaging kids can be, what great questions they ask, how eager some of them are to learn and experience new things. Much better than adults in this respect.

Yes

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know if "like" is the word. I find them fun to watch for a bit, and they are a necessary stage in raising kids, but with my own kids, the older they got, the better things became. I liked the 3-6 years old stage better than the baby stage, because they become old enough to talk and not totally as dependent, and more remarkably you can see them learning something new each day. That's pretty amazing to see. And of course, then they become even older and eventually you can seen advanced reasoning and perception take hold and you start to catch more and more sight of the people they are becoming.

Kind of a long answer, but the deal is that the "baby" is the stage I preferred the least. It's all about total care, intense schedules (a three-hour sleep/play/eat cycle), etc.

Exactly this. I like children but I find the baby stage the least interesting.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like babies and i think they're precious, but they do scare me a little bit. especially holding them, i always think i'm going to break their neck or drop them on accident or something. babies in costumes are probably one of my favorite things. especially pizza baby.

pizza-baby-halloween-costume.jpg