• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: when was your existential crisis?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Why are people starting so many threads about ENTPs these days?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Why are people starting so many threads about ENTPs these days?

I think it's something in the water, because I don't know if you've noticed yet but ENTPs are everywhere right now.

Just give it some time, the majority will lose interest in this place and then we'll go back to our regular ENTP thread-less forum. :D

S

Society

I think it's something in the water, because I don't know if you've noticed yet but ENTPs are everywhere right now.

Just give it some time, the majority will lose interest in this place and then we'll go back to our regular ENTP thread-less forum. :D

i am actually used to specific-type sub-forums,.. i am generally happy that isn't the case here actually, i find that it leads to way too many people masturbating to their own tendencies and "looking for feedback" form people who they would expect to think alike on the matters of the feedback. too much mutual reinforcement masquarading as advice of other people's opinions when people are actually grouping towards people who they expect will tell them their initial stance would be right int he first place. ofcourse it doesn't always turn out that way but you notice the formulated expectation.

but the one thing specialized typo sub-forums are better for is collecting data. about a type..

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i am actually used to specific-type sub-forums,.. i am generally happy that isn't the case here actually, i find that it leads to way too many people masturbating to their own tendencies and "looking for feedback" form people who they would expect to think alike on the matters of the feedback. too much mutual reinforcement masquarading as advice of other people's opinions when people are actually grouping towards people who they expect will tell them their initial stance would be right int he first place. ofcourse it doesn't always turn out that way but you notice the formulated expectation.

but the one thing specialized typo sub-forums are better for is collecting data. about a type..

"omg, you're right" :laugh:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
When I realize my dreams were as easy to attain as I thought they could, which was around mid high school years. You have to go through much suffering, risk and pain to achieve what you want to do. I mean I have alot of delusions of grandeur when I was a kid, and I thought I would just somehow get there magically. As I mature, I realize the world has a way of punishing people who follow their dreams and refuse to follow the norm.

Its like what when someone ask you what do you want to be when you grow up, and you dream of all these wonderful things you could do. Then when you really mature and see the world, you realize they were just empty dreams and getting there is not so easy.

S

Society

When I realize my dreams were as easy to attain as I thought they could, which was around mid high school years. You have to go through much suffering, risk and pain to achieve what you want to do. I mean I have alot of delusions of grandeur when I was a kid, and I thought I would just somehow get there magically. As I mature, I realize the world has a way of punishing people who follow their dreams and refuse to follow the norm.

Its like what when someone ask you what do you want to be when you grow up, and you dream of all these wonderful things you could do. Then when you really mature and see the world, you realize they were just empty dreams and getting there is not so easy.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2AvfSTi6Q"]so basically your saying[/YOUTUBE]

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think 16. I was listening to a lot of Radiohead at the time. Not sure it was entirely existential; I think it stemmed from anxiety in school, which I had always had, but when I reached that age I was intellectually mature enough to hit existentialism. I was a Christian, but I felt like I'd failed at that and I felt that everything else I tried to do would be ultimately pointless. It was also when I started to majorly question my beliefs (although I had done this before to an extent). I felt that I would die and have accomplished nothing of importance, and that maybe God wasn't real and nothing mattered. It was also my first spell of serious suicidal contemplation.

I still get existential angst from time to time, but most of my problems are more about perceived failure or fear of failure at this point (which is what they were before, too, I just focused them more on existentialism).

b) realizing she was living for everyone around her but not for herself.

In some ways, I think the opposite can happen; that you realize that you're just living to please yourself and can be detrimental to others. At the same time, I see what you mean. The biggest crisis of my life happened when I left my parents for the first time and I realized how little I cared about just about anything because my parents' will was no longer my driving force. I had never noticed how much it had been. That's not to say, though, that I had been super good to my parents or anything; I was and am certainly very selfish. But I realized that I didn't have much of a personal drive for life.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP

I was just sharin' bro. My life is rather easy compared to most people's, my crises were not triggered by as big of life events as others. Also note that moving from my parents' house also meant moving 10,000 miles and 24 hours/1,000 dollars of plane flying away from them to a country I hadn't lived in since I was 12 (although I had made extended visits).

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
That was my response to Mane's video, not to you.

I thought she had something insightful to say, but i was disappointed.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, ha. I thought you were just a dick for a second.