• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: What do you daydream about?

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
thats true and i am glad for it. cause if we all got to live our traits this world would be a nasty place

Well, not necessarily. I don't think ENTPs can truly be evil. There's a mental block/boundary that you place. Scary part is that, you can remove and modify that as you wish. But, fun part is that, you always prefer the "right" route, unlike an INTJ ><. no?

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
>implying that you have more first hand experience in opposition to the person actually experiencing

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
so you say you have first hand experience regarding entps i couldnt have being an entp. i dont get you captain

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
@ bolded:
which is what the OP asks for. :coffee:

Yah that can be anything, as seen in this thread. Would YOU rather listen to what others see you as and work to make that work in your benefit or listen to what your head tells you every day, every second anyway?

A

A window to the soul

Given my best friend's an ENTP and we've been friends from the age of 14 (a decade), I'd say I do have valuable FIRST-HAND observation experience that none of you may have. You see yourself, from your view.

This is how others very close to sees you.

k?

Welcome to TC! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
damn it typing on the handy naked in bed is a bitch xD

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
>implying that you have more first hand experience in opposition to the person actually experiencing

Implying, at least one very highly successful ENTP chose me to confide in. That should be a very interesting observation for you to know.

Permabanned
Yah that can be anything, as seen in this thread. Would YOU rather listen to what others see you as and work to make that work in your benefit or listen to what your head tells you every day, every second anyway?

I really don't see where you're trying to go with this or how it is relevant to the OP. perhaps start your own thread and pose that question there?

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Just discussing. I'm an INTP, we love debates! I don't see this topic to be important enough to make an entire thread for it <.<

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, not necessarily. I don't think ENTPs can truly be evil. There's a mental block/boundary that you place. Scary part is that, you can remove and modify that as you wish. But, fun part is that, you always prefer the "right" route, unlike an INTJ ><. no?

think that strongly depends on if you play for the light or the dark side. what means if other peoples happiness is more important to you than your own.

i have choosen to play for the light side, the problem tho is i dont like most people cause they tend to make fun out of me being a confused dreamer. so its a hate love for me.

i now tho that i could be egoistic and live out some very dark traits yes. i dont want to tho most important to me is family and i'ld be the person needed to protect them.

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
He wouldn't tell you all how he is even if you offered him a million bucks. You should know that. The point to my discussion truly would be to know if all of you truly are like that.

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
think that strongly depends on if you play for the light or the dark side. what means if other peoples happiness is more important to you than your own.

i have choosen to play for the light side, the problem tho is i dont like most people cause they tend to make fun out of me being a confused dreamer. so its a hate love for me.

i now tho that i could be egoistic and live out some very dark traits yes. i dont want to tho most important to me is family and i'ld be the person needed to protect them.

Very interesting. At what age did you come to that conclusion? If you don't mind me asking.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Very interesting. At what age did you come to that conclusion? If you don't mind me asking.

no specific age really thats going on like that all my life. i have always gained strength by choosing the difficult way and thru coooperation with others concentrating your force.

really depends on the mood tho, some days its me against the world

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
no specific age really thats going on like that all my life. i have always gained strength by choosing the difficult way and thru coooperation with others concentrating your force.

Do you, then, choose not to use "charm - as defined by what the other is needing" while convincing "others"?

A

A window to the soul

i have always gained strength by choosing the difficult way and thru coooperation with others concentrating your force.

+1

He wouldn't tell you all how he is even if you offered him a million bucks.
Your friend might be an INTP, huh?

You should know that.
Was that necessary?

The point to my discussion truly would be to know if all of you truly are like that.
:)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Do you, then, choose not to use "charm - as defined by what the other is needing" while convincing "others"?

if you want to rally people you always need charm, a motivational self or some other form of charisma. if i want to convince people tho, i always resort to reason. most times tho i am basing my decisions on hunches and intuitions and that you cant explain to people and better dont cause they wont understand.

still its those intuitions that help me hunching what a business partner really wants or what my girlfriend is feeling at the moment. its not like some magical force its more like you try to have all details of a situation at once in mind and puzzle then possible scenarios from that

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
+1

Your friend might be an INTP, huh?

Was that necessary?

:)

No, he is not an INTP. I fit the most stereotype INTP description you can ever find. ENTPs are chameleons by default, not us - INTPs. We can however, choose to be, when we understand how it works by watching ENTPs.

A

A window to the soul

No, he is not an INTP. I fit the most stereotype INTP description you can ever find. ENTPs are chameleons by default, not us - INTPs. We can however, choose to be, when we understand how it works by watching ENTPs.
Okay. :)

How old is your friend?

Novbett

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
if you want to rally people you always need charm, a motivational self or some other form of charisma. if i want to convince people tho, i always resort to reason. most times tho i am basing my decisions on hunches and intuitions and that you cant explain to people and better dont cause they wont understand.

Something my friend told me, pretty much like that.

Yah, I think this is why I figured ENTPs in general can not be evil. To be truly evil, imo, you have to lose that attitude of caring what "they" are thinking.

I understand the intuition part well. I have that. Difference would be, yours just end when the benefit/growth potential or belief boundary is reached, that's when you improvise for a solution that will work towards your benefit. Mine does not end till I am satisfied and will not consider the position of "others". Close enough?

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Money? Success? Sex? Your goals? And how often?

Do you fantasize about anything and everything, or have phases of fantasizing about just a few things at a time?

Does what you fantasize about change if you're depressed/traumatized?

Back on topic

I'd say that what I daydream about specifically changes from day to day. It's heavily influenced by what I'm currently concerned about. It definitely is affected by mood like depression or hyperactivity.

In general though it usually boils down to:

future - goals , ideas, improvement, etc (broad things...the specifics change day to day, like i said)

self awareness - this only is occurring lately. With the advent of ideas like mbti for example, whole new trains of ideas and thoughts I was completely blind to have opened up. Things such as being aware of ones own line of thinking and then comparing and contrasting with others, in a more meaningful way. Prior it use to be very superficial

Efficiency - This kind of ties in both of the above. I always am trying to find out what works best. I want to be aware of anything that could possibly be an improvement. But then it's really down to I don't know what is most beneficial. Is this knowledge of self - awareness progressive or regressive, for example....would it be better not to think about anything at all (as if lul).

But yeah it boils down to that. I'm in very early 20's so that's why these things are on my thought. Obviously it's very age specific and I imagine once I get a solid foundation down things will probably change focus

(I'm trying to teach myself html atm...hence the html elements above ^^)