• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTs

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been attending freethought groups, which are composed of Atheists. One group responded to taking an online short test (from similar minds). This is a small sample with only about 16 respondents.

There were:

4 INTJ
4 INTP
2 ENTJ
---------
10 NT types

2 INFP (one of them me)
2 ENFP
---------
4 NF types

1 ISTJ (who quit the group soon after testing)
1 ESTJ
---------
2 SJ types

This is a very conservative area. It is the deep south. The group is in a very red (GOP) state, Alabama. My county (in Florida) votes about 68% GOP.

Does my result mean that the majority of NTs are Atheists? Not necessarily. Christian INTPs may outnumber us in this area for all I know. Yet, if there is a group of Atheists gathered together, my belief is that the NT representation will be significantly higher than the percentage in the general population.

Further, in the Freethought group, only one of the ENTJs is conservative. The rest are generally overwhelmingly liberal.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
^

Anyway I have noticed that xNTJs are quite religious. Out of the NT category ENTJs are the most religious, followed by INTJs>ENTPs. And the least likely to be religious are the INTPs and are the most likely to be atheist out of all MBTI types.

ENTJs
The ENTJs tend to not question systems. They seem to find better ways of doing things. They are not usually questioners of things but rather efficiency builders. This applies to their religion too. They would not usually question their own religion. They would simply find some practices unworthy, outdated and would probably blame the followers for inventing those rather than blame the religion itself. Therefore would refrain from some practices which they believe are unworthy or not practice the religion at all.

ENTPs
The ENTP ones tend to be irreligious (doesn't take religion too seriously) than totally condemn the belief of a higher power. They tend to live by their own explanation/interpretation of 'their religion' rather than totally condemn it untrue.

These ones especially sound very fitting. I think pretty much exactly as your ENTP description. No higher power has been proven to exist, but I don't think existence of such power is impossible at all. Better spend my time thinking of something more constructive though.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I say I'm a Christian because I believe in Jesus, but that's generally for lack of a better word for myself that most people would understand. I've considered calling myself unorthodox or proto-orthodox. I have pretty much deconstructed the Christian faith into something that doesn't fit into any group anymore. The 4 main differences from my few years fundy evangelical churches are as follows:

1. I discarded all doctrines concerning hell and the focus on the afterlife. In a properly understood/translated OT there is clearly no hell and eternity is not at stake. Then Jesus comes along in the NT and suddenly everything is about hell. He was there to save Jews from a hell that they would know nothing about unless they started getting into Greek mythology. That's ridiculous! Gehenna is a literal garbage dump, and the lake of fire is mentioned two times in a book full of symbolism. Getting saved has to do with being saved from sin and death in this life. That is the initial problem presented in the Adam and Eve story, not people are now in danger of going to hell.

2. God is not omniscient and maybe not even omnipresent and omnipotent. At least that's how things are when evil beings are in the world. Maybe if every living thing was perfect and good, then God would know what everyone is going to do and would have no hindrances or blind spots. There are clear passages in the OT where it mentions God thinking one thing would happen yet another thing ends up happening. The idea that God is omniscient actually comes from Plato. Instead of those I believe God is omnibenevolent. God is always good and never capable of evil. That does leave it as a mystery, though, concerning how much God knows, where he is present, and how much he can do. He can obviously do a whole lot.

3. The Bible is not perfect, and your interpretation of what you read from it is not absolute truth. If you want to claim the Bible is perfect, go learn about textual criticism before you say anything to me about this. If you want to claim the Greek New Testament is perfect, please tell me which Greek version is the perfect one. If you don't know there are multiple Greek versions, please don't expect me to believe you when you claim there's a perfect Greek new testament.

4. Church building style Christianity is not the best way to go about doing things. I like Frank Viola's books on organic church, although, I have never been a part of anything like that. I don't currently meet with anyone.

A

A window to the soul

Christian NT's, I found an incredibly powerful vid I wanted to share. This guy is so on fire for God, I can feel his passion. It's refreshing! :D

I hope you like. :heart:

Lark

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjbY_igTWc"]DMX[/YOUTUBE]

Nicodemus

This guy is so on fire for God, I can feel his passion. It's refreshing! :D
If the splendor of that man's god is correlated with the passion it sparks in him, then Justin Bieber may well be the greater god.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1hFzvttw7s"]On Fire for Bieber[/YOUTUBE]

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Coriolis wrote, (1) “Blind belief in a higher power … dangerous…turns people into sheep … manipulated by leaders with destructive intentions. (2) The leaders need not actually believe in anything themselves except greed, power, and their own personal agenda.
Thoughtful, (3) critical belief in a higher power is much harder to use in this fashion, and often forms a key motivation of "the resistance" to destructive regimes. Witness Muslims who join terrorist organizations and commit suicide bombings vs. Muslims who speak out against violence and oppression, and are themselves threatened with death.”

“Coriolis dogma and superstition are outrageous nonetheless as this society (Indeed every society) can and is manipulated into buying with a false set in beliefs. Power as well illusion in our world make persons fall to a trap called denial. The defense mechanisms fall into alignment.

I’ve articulated my standing on reason (And this part there may be disagreement), also a critical need of the development in emotional intelligence. ” LightSun

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can I join? I'm an NF Christian. Born and raised in the church and I'm glad to still be a part of it!!

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a Christian.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to be christian like you, but the I toke an arrow to the knee.

Not a problem, our God has been healing the lame for a long time.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Healing?

That would be good.

I believe in that. Free medical care for all citizens.

I'm sure that's what the Christians believe in Universal Health Care for all...even illegal Mexicans...paid in full by government health plan or single insurer...

NO denial for pre-existing condition and all the other reasons current health care insurers can deny you.

That would be Bibilical, naturally...

If so, why are all the conservative pundits and Republican sheep against this? If Fox News is pro-Jesus, then why are they against medical care?

And why are they so...generally speaking...pro-War?

Isn't that against Jesus's teachings?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:solidarity:
<sonic flood: i can sing of your love 4ever >

I can play that. I introduced it to my old church, years and years ago.

iTunes is selling a collection of 25 xian contemporary worship songs for 69 cents each... Chris Tomlin and a few others.

Mole

Permabanned
Not Peace but the Sword

And why are they so...generally speaking...pro-War?

Isn't that against Jesus's teachings?

Let Jesus reply in his own words -

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

Parallels in the Gospel of Luke (12:49–53,14:25–33) read, where Jesus said -

49 "I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law". (Luke 12:49-53)

A

A window to the soul

Let Jesus reply in his own words -

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

Parallels in the Gospel of Luke (12:49–53,14:25–33) read, where Jesus said -

49 "I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law". (Luke 12:49-53)

The Bible is the sword of truth. :)

The word of God is described in Hebrews as being able to divide. Basically, in the scriptures you quoted, Jesus is saying that his mission on earth is to teach people the way to obtain salvation (not peace). And that the gospel is like a sword because it separates people into those who believe and those who do not. More specifically, Jesus is saying that the gospel will cut through families like a sword with some family members believing and other family members rejecting.

Has nothing to do with war in the same context as your discussion with Baj.