• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you think you're intellectually superior to the poster above you?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Um, it's a J not a G, yes I am intellectually siperoir to the person above me because they dont know how to spell pokemon names

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, it's a J not a G, yes I am intellectually siperoir to the person above me because they dont know how to spell pokemon names

I'm intellectually superior in my spelling of important words like superior and ... stuff.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm intellectually superior in my spelling of important words like superior and ... stuff.

Guess what, I didn't mean to do that. Mistakes are natural, that's why they put pencils have erasers. What's the square root of a hundred.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Guess what, I didn't mean to do that. Mistakes are natural, that's why they put pencils have erasers. What's the square root of a hundred.

Oh God.
I can't overcome this difficult conversation.
:exasperated:
you win.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*points at his physics Ph.D.*

[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] is smarter than me in that she didn't bother to get one. :)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Interesting point, if i say yes I would be hinting at the fact that my statement is unlikely to be true due to the fact that one can hardly answer that question with any certitude in the absence of feedback and a more defined OP. Intellectually superior can imply many things. It could mean recognized as a more proeminent intellectual by other intellectuals for example, but intellectuals are first and foremost adherant to a type of lifestyle and way to deal with the world rather than people who can reliably be expected to have a wide enough skillset to be considered as likely to be 'more intelligent' than the next person in a widespread set of problem solving situations. This limited and up to self referential definition of intelligence would be akin to saying 'you are good at being an intellectual' for example.

Intelligence can be seen as a thing in itself or a thing defined by the way it deals with its purpose. From this perspective intelligence would be about adaptation to given situations. This would include types of intelligence like emotional intelligence, kinesthetic intelligence etc...
Now if we want to find some 'general view' of intelligence we'd have to look at humanity as a whole. The interesting bit with this particular species of social animals is that we create our own environment, so we evolved not only our own culture and technology but also evolved alongside it. The time dimension then becomes an important factor to try to answer this question. In this particular pairing (culture\biology) culture is always going to outpace the slowly changing genetic pool for the species. We could then look at the feedback between environment and brain and its translation into if not necessarily directly observable behavior at least information that will then modify the next series of environment\brain feedback loops in a way that is more or less adaptive depending on the context.

Last but not least we can look at the brain itself or standard tests (IQ, EQ if they find some way to make it less biased etc.) and correlate intelligence with some accepted standards for success or ability. That could be anything from '(s)he gets more resources' (test scores, money, partners in quantity or quality) to '(s)he can deal with archetypical problem solving situations better than x'

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

You don't know me. In the absence of data you should base your estimation on at least some commonly accepted measure for intelligence (eq\iq etc) and the few data you know about me: my type (yes u could dispute that) and then use statistics to see the likelihood of your statement being true and answer in terms of raw probability.
On average ENTPs outscore ENTJs in these raw aptitude tests. Just sayin'

I honestly don't give a shit

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
you think no but your ego wants to give yes a chance.

R

Riva

you think no but your ego wants to give yes a chance.

But my subconscious knows it is a Yes ;).

And my heart it telling me (screaming at me) not to admit my superiority.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
But my subconscious knows it is a Yes ;).

Right, if you say so. We can have a duel of rethorics and logics, compare iq scores (nt), or take the basic data (entp), take the available type-wide stats and declare a draw then gloat at all the S types. Your call. :coffee:

Yeah, I'm sure there's much to admit in that department. And I know you're just trying to get the NFs' attention with that statement, btw.

R

Riva

Right. We can have a duel of rethorics and logics, compare iq scores (nt), or take the basic data (entp), take the available type-wide stats and declare a draw then gloat at all the S types.

Nah, I think we should bring out the rulers. At the end of the day that is what matters.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Nah, I think we should bring out the rulers. At the end of the day that is what matters.

MH interesting point. Outside of statistical extremes I'm not sure if flacid/erect dick size (except if u meant to measure foreheads or something) translates into a higher ability to adapt to one's environment and reproduce in this clothes wearing age (assuming a very large spanning definition for intelligence). measuring concrete stuff, how very S of you :coffee:

(Or to communicate memes successfully into one's environment if you take the cultural aspect of humanity)

Yeah, I'm sure there's much to admit in that department. And I know you're just trying to get the NFs' attention with that statement, btw.

R

Riva

MH interesting point. Outside of statistical extremes I'm not sure if flacid/erect dick size (except if u meant to measure foreheads or something) translates into a higher ability to adapt to one's environment and reproduce in this clothes wearing age (assuming a very large spanning definition for intelligence).

That's what the intellect says. But I am sure you as a guy knows that in practice every guy wants his penis to be bigger than the other guys penis. Ego trumps the intellect at all times.

measuring concrete stuff, how very S of you :coffee:

I am an undercover SP.

Oh, and lets face it. Again at the end of the day all things imagined, intuitive, creative or brilliant has to be measured in whatever possible measurements to be considered worthwhile. So the S in us matters to us more than we think. Unless of course one is an INTP.

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This looks like fun so I'll join in!
Yes in some ways, no in others. Intelligence isn't linear. We're all good at different things.
But mostly yes.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That's what the intellect says. But I am sure you as a guy knows that in practice every guy wants his penis to be bigger than the other guys penis. Ego trumps the intellect at all times.
That seems like a baseless statement. Care to elaborate? About the penis size I believe studies say that on average guys want like 1 more inch or something. Dunno about Width though. And where does it end?

Oh, and lets face it. Again at the end of the day all things imagined, intuitive, creative or brilliant has to be measured in whatever possible measurements to be considered worthwhile. So the S in us matters to us more than we think.
Are you calling introverted hermits stupid?

This looks like fun so I'll join in!
Yes in some ways, no in others. Intelligence isn't linear. We're all good at different things.
But mostly yes.
It's an NT thread. Smartass :whistling:

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey! There were NFs in here! I'm not unprecedented.