• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Quick Question

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's the scenario: INFJ girl writes ENTP man. Both meet and start several year relationship. INFJ not in love with ENTP. ENTP in love with INFJ. INFJ manipulates the cr*p out of the ENTP's emotions and ENTP let's her because he didn't want to play games with the INFJ because he knows that can mess an INFJ up.

INFJ tests ENTP too much. ENTP distances himself to protect emotions. INFJ asks ENTP to open up, describes him as cold. ENTP tries his hardest and is able after so long to express his love for her but by this time INFJ has concluded it would have worked by now and has met someone else, makes it known to the loyal ENTP, ENTP feels crushed.

INFJ and ENTP both cry together over their hurt. INFJ sees that the ENTP really does love her. One is conflicted the other heartbroken. INFJ claims her new bf is 'perfection'. Crushes ENTP more. ENTP feels 'played'. Hard.

ENTP then thinks he should have played push pull with the INFJ, and decides to get as much distance from the INFJ as much as possible. Refuses to think about,
call, see INFJ at all. INFJ still likes to do stuff with ENTP.

Both were very attracted to each other but since the ENTP always showed his cards he let his soul get toyed with.

ENTP having gone to complete silence, how do you think the whole thing will play out? Any ideas?

(an ENTP here who loves theorizing, of course).

Ohh and there are No wrong answers :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Little does the World know about entp loyality... I love you man and if you need a beer or anything gimme a call. I have no clue what to do except for planting the final bomb and blowing it all up. Keep up the good fight !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T4lzDUxNlk"].[/YOUTUBE]

giegs

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP wanders onto scene; laughs, wanders off.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the INFJ wins?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once you get over it, she will get interested. Yep, that's right.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Being loyal without feedback means you are being used.

Ah come on, you'ld even have more success if you drop that intp mask; I mean who buys it anyways with that avatar. Girls are girls you of all should know that

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah come on, you'ld even have more success if you drop that intp mask; I mean who buys it anyways with that avatar. Girls are girls you of all should know that
You're not making much sense. Drunk, right? :alttongue:
The avatar is just a caricature. I like to play badass once in a while. The :burns: stance helps.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're not making much sense. Drunk, right? :alttongue:
The avatar is just a caricature. I like to play badass once in a while. The :burns: stance helps.

yea i am drunk but that will pass. guess I shouldnt say what I am thinking now. its not like I am already the boss of 27 people at work and now a bit about how one could sell yourself. i am just a stupid entp and entps are the last ones anyone should take advise from.

gn8 and gl with the rest of your lifes

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am just a stupid entp and entps are the last ones anyone should take advise from.

gn8 and gl with the rest of your lifes
Chill bro! ENTPs make the world a much happier place. :cheers:

Yussa Tampon

MBTI Type
entp
It looks like a few guys covered this issue pretty well already. Assuming the ENTP in the example is really the TC: the only thing I feel needs to be said is that I know you're hurting, and I know people get girlfriends sometimes because they don't like to be alone as much as they like having someone close.

"Learn to like being alone" is the best advice anyone can ever give in things like this. Sure, having a gal pal is excellent. We all know that. But this ENTP got pulled into a whirlwind rush of shit, and that could be prevented by simply saying to oneself "being single is fine brah".

The ENTP sounds young, or at least younger than a good amount of us. He has years left to enjoy. He should enjoy them, and to hell with anything that would have him waste that precious, precious time. I hope he comes out of this ok.

tifpod

MBTI Type
INTJ
My personal opinion on this situation is to crush her as quickly and efficiently as possible. How dare anyone mess with anyone else's emotions when they claim to care for them in any way? I don't get it. This sort of emotional power play irks me.

But, you know, it's your life so you do what you want.

S

Society

Once you get over it, she will get interested. Yep, that's right.

unfortunately the INTP is right. that's pretty much the only hope [MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION] and his "imaginary scenario" has.
and yes that is amazingly difficult to do, to break your loyalty. really, the best advice i can give you can do is to fake it until the lie becomes real, and since she in her INFJ glory gets you to want to be emotionally and mentally (and physically) naked around her - the best way to do that is to keep away for awhile.

think about it this way: whether it will work or not, the best ways to both win her over and to get over her if she still doesn't want to are one of the same.

also: http://howtowinyourexbacknow.net/
i realize it's not exactly the same but your prone to make similar mistakes, and hey i've done every single mistake they described and then some... i can't tell you if their advice works but i can tell you that their don't-do list is completely true.

Lark

They're bad for each other, they should find things besides each other to be occupied with instead.

Nales

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ girl writes ENTP man. Both meet and start several year relationship. INFJ not in love with ENTP. ENTP in love with INFJ.
[...]
Both were very attracted to each other
I make a huge distinction between attraction and love, but I'm still confused. In my opinion if the INFJ truly was attracted to the ENTP she wouldn't have done that to him.

Anyways, my suggestion to the ENTP would be to give her the link to this thread (so that she can see exactly what his point of view is, and realize just what she has done) and refuse to talk to her until she gives him both an apology and an explanation. The game is over. And if she doesn't, then nothing else would've worked in any case.

S

Society

also: [MENTION=6037]Avatar7[/MENTION] - careful mate.

shoot me for the generalization, but with a few exceptions, from what i've experienced and heard from others in various MBTI forums, many of the lovely INFJs have a tendency to doorslam. don't act on your frustration, don't act on your pain of an requited love (?) or let yourself get angry about it, and for god's sake respect her boundaries. don't break them until she wants you too so bad her frustration is bleeding out of her nose.

A

A window to the soul

also: http://howtowinyourexbacknow.net/
i realize it's not exactly the same but your prone to make similar mistakes, and hey i've done every single mistake they described and then some... i can't tell you if their advice works but i can tell you that their don't-do list is completely true.
don't act on your frustration, don't act on your pain of an requited love (?) or let yourself get angry about it, and for god's sake respect her boundaries. don't break them until she wants you too so bad her frustration is bleeding out of her nose.
lol, those are controlling games that ultimately lead to resentment. They're also too risky to do with someone you really care about.

They don't solve the issues that caused the break-up. :dont:

The best approach is to honestly communicate your feelings (the good and the bad) to your partner like you love them (at the appropriate time). If the other person is abusive or doesn't want to listen, then you don't want them. I'm serious. Move on with your life. Find someone that is mature, and wants to grow with you in a relationship.