• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs are inherently very subjective

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wish people would stop assaulting INTJ's
the only reason people do that is because they are uncomfortable with themselves

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
the only reason people do that is because they are uncomfortable with themselves

Who is assaulting INTJs? :huh:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who is assaulting INTJs? :huh:

it seems a little bit of everyone
forum to forum
they seem like one of the most misunderstood types
not necessarily a direct thrashing on this forum
but i don't see hearts and hugs next to them either

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs, emotionless and cold? Are you dealing with an INTJ and not an INTP there?

Do you acknowledge that the only difference is the need for closure (J) or open options (P)? How did you make that kind of leap? If anything, the more "open" of the two, in all probablilty, would come across as more amicable. And catch either one operating from pure "N" (without T influence) and it might look playful and/or warm. :hug:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
it seems a little bit of everyone
forum to forum
they seem like one of the most misunderstood types
not necessarily a direct thrashing on this forum
but i don't see hearts and hugs next to them either

From what I understand, every loser who wants to be seen as intelligent takes up the label of "INTJ." So they get a lot of riffraff that isn't actually the type but makes the type look bad. The ones I have encountered on this forum, with one exception, are actually pretty easy to relate with.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I understand, every loser who wants to be seen as intelligent takes up the label of "INTJ." So they get a lot of riffraff that isn't actually the type but makes the type look bad. The ones I have encountered on this forum, with one exception, are actually pretty easy to relate with.

I've noticed that too
and i want to be known as psychic....INFJ
ENTJ.....king
and so on
eek

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Most immature INTJs like to exaggerate their differences because to the outside world they are different, wrong, and looked down upon. Then they find MBTI and due to the many inspired things that INTJs are seen as being capable of, they get a huge god complex. Those losers are just trying to compensate for their own perceived shortcomings. At this point both myself and whomever may be perpetuating this false self identity are both aware of their insecurity, so I don't see a need to go any farther.

How do I have the strange feeling that Kiddo finds me to be unable to relate to.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ's can be subjective in some ways. I think it's the Ni-Fi axis BlueWing referred to. I do know a few INTJ's who are brutally honest with people, but think they're helping them by being that way. I also notice that while they can be very objective in finding the best way to achieve their goal, the goals themselves appear to be set by Fi values (not necessarily high ones... vengeance and money could be the primary values in an underdeveloped xxTJ. Fairness eventually supersedes those in better individuals).

Of course, as an F, I can appreciate their warmth when it does appear. Their motives and concern can become apparent in one-on-one conversations. In fact, once you "see" that side of them, and then go back and look at everything they've ever said from that perspective, you can see a little of that warmth subtly permeating most of what they say, even if it appears cold on the surface.

I'm not sure what I seem like to them, however...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's can be subjective in some ways. I think it's the Ni-Fi axis BlueWing referred to. I do know a few INTJ's who are brutally honest with people, but think they're helping them by being that way. I also notice that while they can be very objective in finding the best way to achieve their goal, the goals themselves appear to be set by Fi values (not necessarily high ones... vengeance and money could be the primary values in an underdeveloped xxTJ).

Of course, as an F, I can appreciate their warmth when it does appear. Their motives and concern can become apparent in one-on-one conversations. In fact, once you "see" that side of them, and then go back and look at everything they've ever said from that perspective, you can see a little of that warmth subtly permeating most of what they say, even if it appears cold on the surface.

Exactly

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you acknowledge that the only difference is the need for closure (J) or open options (P)? How did you make that kind of leap? If anything, the more "open" of the two, in all probablilty, would come across as more amicable. And catch either one operating from pure "N" (without T influence) and it might look playful and/or warm. :hug:

I'm making this leap because of what I've heard. INTPs, I've noticed, generally have a more blank ('emotionless') expression than INTJs, who appear more 'focused.' I suppose one could think of 'focus' as cold, but the fact of the appearance of actual nothing there, I'd think, would be colder.

Cold and emotionless should likely be split up. INTPs are more likely to be warm and emotionless and INTJs are more likely to be coldly focused. If... 'warm and emotionless' makes any sense. I think it's one of those combinations that needs to be seen rather than described.

I most certainly do not acknowledge that the only difference between the two is the need for closure or open options because it just plain isn't true. The appearance of these two as being the 'only difference' are from the result of a lot of invisible internal differences between INTPs and INTJs. The one that is more 'open' (INTP) may appear 'warmer and fuzzier' but I assure you, if one were to tear open an INTJ, you'd find a lot more 'warmer fuzziness' than if you tore open an INTP.

Not that I'm recommending it. I never condone vivisection. Wait until they're both dead, at least.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know the world has gone mad when a straight male INTJ sends you this website and says he thinks it's cute.

Funny,
I'd like to think the world was getting sunnier because of it
when INTJ's are in a fortunate enough situation that they can be more " warm "
then its a mark of love in the air
or something less acidic

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
INTJ's can be subjective in some ways. I think it's the Ni-Fi axis BlueWing referred to. I do know a few INTJ's who are brutally honest with people, but think they're helping them by being that way. I also notice that while they can be very objective in finding the best way to achieve their goal, the goals themselves appear to be set by Fi values (not necessarily high ones... vengeance and money could be the primary values in an underdeveloped xxTJ. Fairness eventually supersedes those in better individuals).

I think you're making some very big assumptions. An INTJ that is cruel is no different to one who is kind. Its just the prepareness to use emotion for good or bad. If you said, INTJs are more variable and can be capable of great kindness and great "evil" then I can relate to that. I think the TJ coupled with the I gives great opportunity for the person to stew over something...

I though INTJ brutal honesty is more likely as our world is not ruled by emotions although we realise that fitting systems is required for efficient action. Remember also, that an INTJ does not need lots of friends.. just ones that are "true"... to help someone, brutal honesty is needed otherwise life is just an inefficient charade.

INTJs are not cold, we just don't give a monkeys whether large numbers of people like us or not. We don't have spare time for more than a few people anyway... sheeze... imagine wasting all your time attending parties.. the only thing parties are good for is... sex. :hug: -> :party2:

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX

Its because we enjoy ourselves with haughty blogs and sarcastic remarks.

We justify it to ourselves though... as its necessary for nice people to develop an edge... and we're just helping with that... :hug:

(See, I used the hugs icon...).

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its because we enjoy ourselves with haughty blogs and sarcastic remarks.

We justify it to ourselves though... as its necessary for nice people to develop an edge... and we're just helping with that... :hug:

(See, I used the hugs icon...).

agreed
good work INTJ's
streotypically and factually one of my favorites
just like candy : stubborn and hard as a rock, but sweet and melts over time

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I probably blend with a combination of mostly INTJ, some ISTJ, and some INTP.

It never seemed abnormal to me. Many of my characteristics are of the ISTJ, but the dominant function definitely does not match. I have little Si and have no respect in the little respect or patience for traditions. I was raised in an S household, so this may have contributed to the general feeling of "better be safe than sorry" and "taking risks is the devil" influenced my by S parents. Practicality makes perfect logical sense, and so does dismissing concepts too abstract.

My personality in many ways agrees with an INTP, but regarding the P alone, I demonstrate absolutely none of the characteristics of the P.

I'd say your an ISTJ. You haven't struck me with anything yet thats let me see some huge incitefulness :devil:... (I mean insightfulness). Although, insightfulness sort of goes exponential the older you get. So, it can just be an age thing.

Lesser Intuition will place you on the sensing path.

To be a true intuitive I believe that either you need to be emotional or have experienced things in life that give you some inherent desire to really think in order to premeditate outcomes for some reason.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
agreed
good work INTJ's
streotypically and factually one of my favorites
just like candy : stubborn and hard as a rock, but sweet and melts over time

Thats one of the reasons we like ENFPs. They wear their heart on their sleeves... and we know that often there is little veneer of camouflage that many people develop as they get older. They live as we'd ideally like to be able to experience.... or did as kids, before it all got so complicated.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
The thing is that - subjective though it may be - our Ni is often right. Ni often seems to be left out of the conversation when people are discussing INTJs, which is kind of sad.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Welcome uytuun :hi:

If the Ni is often right which that gives us more reason to trust it, but too much trust in the wrong place can lead to disaster as shown in Haphazard's INTJ outline.

Therefore our trust in Ni should not be blindly trusted.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The thing is that - subjective though it may be - our Ni is often right. Ni often seems to be left out of the conversation when people are discussing INTJs, which is kind of sad.

Agreed.

Welcome uytuun :hi:

If the Ni is often right which that gives us more reason to trust it, but too much trust in the wrong place can lead to disaster as shown in Haphazard's INTJ outline.

Therefore our trust in Ni should not be blindly trusted.

The point is that Ni on its own is blind. It needs help. If left to its own devices, Ni is absolutely useless. Ni needs Te very, very badly. Most places describes Ni as needing a developed rational extroverted function to carry it out, and that's not usually specified for any other function. Ni is blind. Though it's often right, it needs Te to make sure it doesn't fall into any potholes.