• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are the differences between ENTJ & ENTP??

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I think the fact that you perceive ENTJs to be evil and unfriendly as effing hilarious.

Last edited:

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have met several people whom I thought were ENTP's but they have insisted they were ENTJ's.

Why did I think so? Because their homes had some of the 'chaos' I have witnessed in "P" homes and because these women seemed kind of all over the place, flexible etc, very friendly and outgoing.

Now, my uncle, mind you, is an ENTJ so I know what HE looks like...but can someone help me see why I am getting these women all wrong???

TIA...

ENTJs are anal and boring
ENTPs are whiney and manipulative

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love a little wine while I manipulate.

Qre:us

^Wine, they dine....

..but dang that independent streak.

Also,

whiney - nah, we can't be bothered to appeal to another. The devil on our shoulder is much too impatient for that bullshit.

Oh, I also call it - to maneuver most efficiently in this world (others may call it manipulate).

Peetato. Pfftato.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
The ENTJ will boss you around and order you to give him/her your money.
The ENTP will become your best friend and steal your money when you least expect it.

R

Riva

I think the fact that you perceive ENTJs to be evil and unfriendly as effing hilarious.

i think the reason why most people think that ENTJs are unfriendly is because of the way they interact with others. the way they speak especially.

i agree with you.i think ENTJs are extremely friendly. but 1 big issue they have is the lack of 'S' and 'F' in them. this is why when they speak they sounds as if, if you don't do what they tell you to do they will fire you(even though you don't work for him).

just because you are a Extrovert it doesn't mean you are the king of socializing. this is very apparent in ENTJs. and this is also the ENTJs Achilles.

their lack of 'S' ness makes them unable to interact like SP and SJs. you know the type of things you say just for saying it sakes cus its accepted and everyone does it, to break daily tensions built up by random events which put you at a awkward position with another person. well ENTJs have a hard time thinking how to react. this is due to the lack of S ness. not because they are unfriendly.
even INTXs have this problem, much more than to the standard of incompetence of a ENTJ. but they are INTROVERTS. they don't mingle that much and wouldn't want to. and don't care.

how about the ENTPs-
they are just good actors.

even NFs have socializing issues -
but they have a strong F function. they know how to talk in a polite manner. and they don't feel(and you shouldn't) embarrassed by it. showing feelings and being polite.

but NTs have a huge issue when it comes to socializing(i am not talking abt business)-
INTXs don't care.
ENTPs fake it. or learn it. the Greek verb bullshit translates to ENTPs
ENTJs suffer, and people think they are unfriendly!

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Anyway, while I'm supposed to be doing homework, I'll give you a serious answer.

The only way you're going to figure this out is if you compare the evidence.

"P" and "J" aren't functions but are a part of the shorthand that abbreviates for the functions.

ENTJ: Te, Ni, Se, Fi

and

ENTP: Ne, Ti, Fe, Si

Generally, an ENTJ will seek to order things outside of them to suit a vision of what they think will 'work better.'
ENTPs are more suited towards information gathering.
It really has nothing to do with the appearance of 'chaos' (which, if they are ENTJ, there's likely a method to their madness) or outgoing and friendliness.

Isn't the problem with every introverted function 'chaos'?
And, if ENTP's are extroverted, information gathering will not be the goal but the instrument; like it is for the ENTJ (and every information gathering extrovert).
Information gathering for the ENTJ: 'how do I order things'
Information gathering for the ENTP: ?

So there's still no conclusion.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Information gathering for the ENTJ: 'how do I order things I have now in a functionally efficient way'
Information gathering for the ENTP: 'how do i connect concepts and ideas I get from any concept\context association to one another (to generate new ideas and concepts I will then ...)'

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I distrust ENTPs. If you cross an ENTJ, we will stab you in the front most of the time. An ENTP will stab you in the back. I'm actually cautious around people who I think are ENTPs. I also waste time analyzing their words and behaviors do determine a threat level and developing a strategy to deal with them. ENTJs generally over expose themselves, giving ENTPs easy targets to hit.

I suspect ENTJs would make great business leaders, while ENTPs would make great political leaders.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I distrust ENTPs. If you cross an ENTJ, we will stab you in the front most of the time. An ENTP will stab you in the back. I'm actually cautious around people who I think are ENTPs. I also waste time analyzing their words and behaviors do determine a threat level and developing a strategy to deal with them. ENTJs generally over expose themselves, giving ENTPs easy targets to hit.

I suspect ENTJs would make great business leaders, while ENTPs would make great political leaders.

I really don't know what is the difference between entp adn entj. I only know both can be equally ruthless in pursuing their goals.

the type you are describing is estp. ENTP will stab you at both front and back when you piss them off. But most likely , they will not do it unless you made the fitst move. :devil:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i think every person becomes a problem to the world, if they overestimate their competence.

that happens when you make a decision without genuine insight into what you are dealing with.

so there is a combination of type (which defines the area of insight) and the realm of activity. it should be a good match.

but, entj are more likely to formulate laws or make decisions that have an impact on areas which have not even been discovered by the entj
(because Te wants word domination (or regulation, if thats a difference)).

entp are living a more egoistical (strategical) live. if they are incompetent they will often have to pay for it themselves. thus they are less dangerous in the big picture. unless they are competent and get paid to manifest the ideas of an incompetent entj.
then you have raised hell.

this isn't based on observation of typed people.
its something you find in every movie.
i am just guessing that extp and extj have these parts.
makes sense?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
thus they are less dangerous in the big picture. unless they are competent and get paid to manifest the ideas of an incompetent entj.

I want to dominate the world also. But I wouldn't appraoch it the way an entj would. Trust me , the ends are the same, the methods are exact opposite.

So you wouldn't want to piss an entp off anymore than an entj. Thats y these two types have alot of difficulty getting along with each other.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I find this ENTP to be quite hilarious. He always does this goofy things with his voice which the silliness is amplified by his Indian heritage. People have seen a similarity with him and Will Smith from Fresh Prince of Belair. Although, he is not as goodly intended. His jokes are funny, but they are true which can be quite disarming. It is a thing to laugh at a funny joke, but a different thing to laugh at a serious flaw. People have compared him to a monkey with a loaded gun on several occasions, and monkeys should not be wielding guns...

Anyways there's a big difference between ENTPs and ENTJs. If you cross an ENTP's path, the worst you will get is a terrible practical joke dumped on you. Like if you give an ENTP an undeserving grade or a harsh punishment, you can expect to see your car hauled and cemented to the school building roof. Even funnier, you might see your classroom furniture superglued upside down to the ceiling. All this can be a shocking experience as the ENTP really oned up you but at least you're still safe. You might even feel a level of respect at the hard work the ENTP put into his ingenious prank.

However, if you cross an ENTJ's path, you have done it now. Because of your ignorance and astounding boldness, you are deemed worthy of our time to DESTROY you. For who are you to us, insect? Get in our way and we will f**king KILL you! There is nothing for you to do to save yourself. All your efforts will be meaningless for we are legion, we are many.

Yeah. That's a basic difference I see between ENTPs and ENTJs. I would think ENTPs are more flexible to compromise.

:rofl1:

I really wish you will be back electric. Then you can see what it is like to fuck with an extroverted perciever.

:)

Jaguar

I am going to try to emphasize the core differences between ENTJ and ENTP from a more stereotypical PoV :D
----------------
ENTJ:

Zughund_heute.jpg

------
ENTP:

b26.jpg

----

:D

Hahaha fucking A! :rofl1:

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ingenuity and follow-through; the ENTP exhibits the former, the ENTJ exhibits the latter.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This thread needs a heck of a lot more ENTJs defending us against these awful stereotypes. Since when are ENTJs any less friendly than other types? You can find unfriendly people with any of the types if they are highly unhealthy.

Personality page description of ENTJs:
ENTJs are bright, energetic, sociable individuals who are keenly interested in other people's ideas, theories and perspectives
# Usually have strong affections and sentimental streaks
# Genuinely interested in people's ideas and thoughts

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
This thread needs a heck of a lot more ENTJs defending us against these awful stereotypes. Since when are ENTJs any less friendly than other types? You can find unfriendly people with any of the types if they are highly unhealthy.

Personality page description of ENTJs:
ENTJs are bright, energetic, sociable individuals who are keenly interested in other people's ideas, theories and perspectives
# Usually have strong affections and sentimental streaks
# Genuinely interested in people's ideas and thoughts

Its just that XNTJs make up about 9 out of 10 supervillians in fiction. Its true to some levels that ENTJs have a very ermm.... Evil ambitous air to them, its mostly a joke.

This thread consists mostly of ENTPs and ENTJs.

ENTPs love to bullshit people and often dont know when a joke has gone too far.

ENTJs have low bullshit-tolerence levels and wont put up with much verbal punishment even if it is a joke.

ENTP makes a thats gone a bit far joke
ENTJ reacts(usualy defensivly or if its jaguar with childish namecalling)
ENTP feeds off of reaction and prods ENTJ more.
Repeat the last to steps until a mod nukes the thread or failing that the second coming of christ.

Its deadly cycle of neurotocism, egomania, and anti-social behaviour.
Thats why I love it :D