• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and Forming Romantic Relationships

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Out of curiosity, do INTPs tend to have a relatively clear idea about what they would want in regards to a long-term partner?

The image of 'the woman' is way too clear since i have been building(sometimes also reshaping) it since i was like 8 years old. Lately i have been starting to realize that there are other traits that i might be able to appreciate than the traits i saw as ideal before. And also have tried to cut off some of the ideal traits and see that even the opposite traits have their value.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Out of curiosity, do INTPs tend to have a relatively clear idea about what they would want in regards to a long-term partner?

I think most INTPs would say they want a mindmate. And INTPs don't do well with partners who expect them to play traditional gender roles, or who are primarily looking for a helpmeet type of partnership. INTPs need space and freedom. And someone that shares a sense of playfulness and sense of humor. I think most of that is true, regardless of whether the INTP is male or female.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I think most INTPs would say they want a mindmate. And INTPs don't do well with partners who expect them to play traditional gender roles, or who are primarily looking for a helpmeet type of partnership. INTPs need space and freedom. And someone that shares a sense of playfulness and sense of humor. I think most of that is true, regardless of whether the INTP is male or female.

Talullah usually states my thoughts better than I could, and this is no exception :).

I can't really state anything specific, it's more a "I know it when I see it" sort of thing. But everything that Talullah mentioned is extremely important -- I can't imagine being seriously interested in someone who didn't exemplify all of those qualities.