• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Putting in contact lenses

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wear them for convenience.
OpoQQ.jpg

Heh. Dunno, you gotta worry about proper placing, replacing and lubrification...and I may be forgeting something.
Also, I've read some scary stories about people that were using lens. Like people waking up and all they could see was white.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I got contacts when I was in maybe 7th or 8th grade. It was exceedingly difficult to put them in and take them out. I don't really remember the trick I learned (being comfortable just touching my eyeball was part of it), but rested assured it will become incredibly easy. I could (and have) manage my contacts even when fairly drunk. In those situations, the only tricky part is properly storing them in the contact case, not the removal.

As for convenience v aesthetic, I do wear them aesthetically (my glasses are so thick they actually make my eyes look a little small), but contacts can be convenient at times. Don't fog up, virtually never come loose, don't need adjusting, and provide slightly better vision correction (and clear vision in all possible directions) and no nose marks or uncomfortable nose grips or head grips. Of course, they can also be uncomfortable sometimes, and the rare occasion they do come loose is a bigger issue. When they get old (at least disposables), they can start to be a bit blurry. It's technically harder to put them on or take them off, but after a certain point it only takes about 20 seconds.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got contacts when I was in maybe 7th or 8th grade. It was exceedingly difficult to put them in and take them out. I don't really remember the trick I learned (being comfortable just touching my eyeball was part of it), but rested assured it will become incredibly easy. I could (and have) manage my contacts even when fairly drunk. In those situations, the only tricky part is properly storing them in the contact case, not the removal.

As for convenience v aesthetic, I do wear them aesthetically (my glasses are so thick they actually make my eyes look a little small), but contacts can be convenient at times. Don't fog up, virtually never come loose, don't need adjusting, and provide slightly better vision correction (and clear vision in all possible directions) and no nose marks or uncomfortable nose grips or head grips. Of course, they can also be uncomfortable sometimes, and the rare occasion they do come loose is a bigger issue. When they get old (at least disposables), they can start to be a bit blurry. It's technically harder to put them on or take them off, but after a certain point it only takes about 20 seconds.
Interesting. :thinking:
I live in a very dry city...dry eyes are a big concern for me. I might go through LASIK surgery someday, but contact lenses....never. :ninja:

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just put mine in on a moving train. Don't try this at home, kids! This is pro level ;)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I had a bit of difficult my first few days of wearing contact lenses and it could be VERY frustrating. Trust me, it will become much easier. I put mine in/take mine out in literally under 5 seconds.

When you take the lenses out of its case to put them in, pinch it lightly on the edge with two fingers (like your holding up a piece of string), and rinse it down with the saline solution (it rinses them from them being in stagnant solution all night and also freshly lubricates them). Then pop em in.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh. Dunno, you gotta worry about proper placing, replacing and lubrification...and I may be forgeting something.
Also, I've read some scary stories about people that were using lens. Like people waking up and all they could see was white.

Well, if you don't have astigmatism, the proper placing isn't as troublesome (as long as you make a attempt to put it on the right spot.) That is because the lenses are made practically round so that all sides are the same. Generally, you can place your contact lenses, close your eyes, move your eyes while they are closed, and your contacts are in place.

The lubrication is pretty much "like" putting eye drops.

You. Don't. Sleep. With. Contacts. Or that if you need to sleep with them, that they are to a minimum (I only ever do it when I need a quick nap and I don't want to take my contacts off.) For the people that do, they are riding on whether they want their contacts to lodge some place inside their eye-sockets, or be unable to open their eyes.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoop! Whoop! I don't wear mine that often. Particularly in out in the dusty out back. Oddly, though I got the knack real quick. Can't put them on in a moving train though, LOL.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
lol, got one stuck up in my eye yesterday, I was trying to get it out & it floated up like magick over my iris into the white part. like wtf, just disappeared behind my eye befroe my very eyes. went to sleep, then spent today with half a bottle of contact solution dropping it into my eyebazz to no avail & since I don't have a car, I had to ride 40 mins to the opthamologist on my bike that has a flat tire, like a hobo. Struggling on the grass & gravel beside the highway cuz i don't wunt 2 dai under the 18 wheels of an enormous 18 wheeler, & this place was located in some mysterious brown plaza in the shadows over an overpass. there wasn't a bike rack there so I had to hide my bike behind some bushes, & then the eye lady said she didn't see the contact in my eye. So i can't tell if it's there or not. maybe I took it out without noticing. I don't feel it. whatevar, if I get a mysterious disease I'll sue everybody in the contacts industry so fast they won't even know!! XD m8ke da dollaz rain

Murphy's law walking

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, got one stuck up in my eye yesterday, I was trying to get it out & it floated up like magick over my iris into the white part. like wtf, just disappeared behind my eye befroe my very eyes. went to sleep, then spent today with half a bottle of contact solution dropping it into my eyebazz to no avail & since I don't have a car, I had to ride 40 mins to the opthamologist on my bike that has a flat tire, like a hobo. Struggling on the grass & gravel beside the highway cuz i don't wunt 2 dai under the 18 wheels of an enormous 18 wheeler, & this place was located in some mysterious brown plaza in the shadows over an overpass. there wasn't a bike rack there so I had to hide my bike behind some bushes, & then the eye lady said she didn't see the contact in my eye. So i can't tell if it's there or not. maybe I took it out without noticing. I don't feel it. whatevar, if I get a mysterious disease I'll sue everybody in the contacts industry so fast they won't even know!! XD m8ke da dollaz rain

I'm murphy's law walking

If you went to sleep with it somewhere in your eye and can't feel it anymore, there is a good chance you lost it in bed.

I once lost a lense in my sleep (short 15 minute nap, I know you shouldn't sleep with your contacts in) and found it much later ... between the bedsheet and the matress!!! Not under the blanket, no, under the f*ing sheet!!

I'd do some serious searching if I were you.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you went to sleep with it somewhere in your eye and can't feel it anymore, there is a good chance you lost it in bed.

I once lost a lense in my sleep (short 15 minute nap, I know you shouldn't sleep with your contacts in) and found it much later ... between the bedsheet and the matress!!! Not under the blanket, no, under the f*ing sheet!!

I'd do some serious searching if I were you.

Well see, they're daily contacts, so they shrivel up & disappear (infinitesimally) if you leave them out... the dissolving action of the air molecules breaks away at their structural integrity, reducing them to mere specks in less than a day's time.

I agree with you though, i think I must've unknowingly rubbed it out of my eye against the mattress (I don't sleep with bed covers, heh).